Live Balance Update live on all platforms - let's talk about meta

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Live Balance Update live on all platforms - let's talk about meta

★★★★ Apprentice

If it aint about new legends I DONT WANT IT! 

Game is perfect .... only changes we need is MORE LEGENDS! xD

Message 21 of 69 (650 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

To be perfectly honest with you, I I don't particularly care about the update. You can release so many updates about weapons and legends but it doesn't mean a damn thing if you do not sort out the terrible netcode of the game. There is no point in putting fresh make-up on the face of this game if the body underneath is rotting away. 

Message 22 of 69 (645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Sounds everything good.... but there are 2 things, that are more important and need to get fixed ASAP.

1. netcode... needs so much improvement... can´t count how often i died behind cover after some seconds even the guy shot thin air on my screen.
  2. cheaters - this is getting worse day by day and reporting doesn´t help. did 5 matches today and met 2 cheaters... 1 wallhacker watching the ground and the floor all the time and then prefires perfectly, even through smoke/gas without the yellow scope. The other cheater had running an aimbot snapping on everyones heads all the time.

2 out of 5 doesn´t sound much, but it is if there isn´t any solo queue and you have to rely on a good time to actually be able to win.... and if there is a close to 40% chance you meet a cheater, the chances to win even decrease further... and that´s why 2 out 5 is actually a ridiculous high amount of cheaters met.

Message 23 of 69 (614 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was really really REALLY hoping there would be a fix included for the major crash issues in this patch. Honestly I am shocked that such an problem isn't getting higher priority. The topic in the technical support forum is up to like 150+ pages...

Me and my friends would like to play. The game is fun. But we're starting to give up hope at this point and look at other games Frown 

Message 24 of 69 (593 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@AhoyDrogon wrote:

To be perfectly honest with you, I I don't particularly care about the update. You can release so many updates about weapons and legends but it doesn't mean a damn thing if you do not sort out the terrible netcode of the game. There is no point in putting fresh make-up on the face of this game if the body underneath is rotting away. 

ohhhh now the netcode is bad? this is a new one. baddies will always come up with the next thing as a game gets fixed. 

Message 25 of 69 (578 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The biggest suprise for me is that they do not touch Mirages ult. 

I mean this cannot be working as intended. Why would you create something so utterly useless then nto fix it azap. I dont get it. 

Message 26 of 69 (574 Views)

★★ Novice

Can not find hardly any heavy ammo anymore or wingman and a bunch of hemlocks for heavy guns that only burst fire makes so much sense. 

The energy weapons are not that good and slow to shoot. You are hurting the game more then helping it no one likes playing with delayed weapons and burst weapons this makes the game feel like garbage.

Message 27 of 69 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is not bad netcode fault. This is prolbem with cheaters. 

Message 28 of 69 (569 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@boolboo wrote:

@AhoyDrogon wrote:

ohhhh now the netcode is bad? this is a new one. baddies will always come up with the next thing as a game gets fixed. 

You cannot be putting that seriously. The netcode has been proven to be extremely bad for a BR game and a multiplayer game in general .

Message 29 of 69 (564 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
"Some weapons are intentionally less powerful until fully purp’d with hopups and attachments, while other weapons on the bottom of the power curve are your early game, better-than-melee, but-gotta-upgrade-out-of-ASAP weapons."
I don't think I can possibly word how much I disagree with this philosophy. Not only does it make your games more about RNG than it needs to be, but it also gives power to weapon preference which is just... not good. If Someone wants to use a pistol(not including the wingman), the game essentially says "you can, but you're gonna lose". If your preference of weapon doesn't line up with Respawns preferences you either have to use weapons you don't like or accept a potentially massive disadvantage. If I could use the guns I want to use I would use the G7 and P2020, but that's not at all an option if I want to be in any way competitive. Other than shroud, you are better off not having a weapon than having a p2020. At least on console it is NOT better than melee, and it's better to have the instance weapon pick up from an open slot than to have that abomination in your inventory. The "weapon curve" philosophy also contradicts the nerfs to wingman and peacekeeper. If respawn only reduced their appearance rate it would be in line with their philosophy, but nerfing powerful weapons just shows that Respawn themselves understand why this "weapon curve" nonsense is a problem. All weapons should be viable and balanced. Let players choose their weapons based on preference and NOT based on a forced meta.
Message 30 of 69 (557 Views)