Re: Literally every teammate is trash

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@i0n19 wrote:
@Wingmannedbro7000 games with no dedicated teammates? Make some friends bro geez

You think it's realistic to always have people make themselves available to you anytime you play?

Made plenty of friends, but any given friend either quit the game, is not online, is online but is playing something else, or is actually playing, but already in a full squad.

You and @Jem450R have to actually be high af to think that squadding up is literally always a possibility.

Message 41 of 56 (567 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I agree with @Wingmannedbro , having pre mades always is unrealistic at best. Over the course of Apex lifecycle I have had 40+ friends who in the beginning played and no longer do. I have made new friends over the course of the last 9 months and the majority no longer play for various reasons. 

The main discourse I have with randoms currently is since the start of season 3 the abundance of "potato" randoms has ramped up a 1000 fold. During seasons 1 and 2 you could get a decent random squad solo about every 3-4 games 6 if you were unlucky. But to have 10 games in a  row now with people who can't land, Don't know which attachments are for which guns, can't shoot and have zero awareness of what is going on around them is the majority of randoms you will see.

Do we all make dumb plays you betcha I make my fair share of them, but at the end of the day I play this game to have fun, win and get kills. Being paired with 2 noobs/drunk or better yet stoned out of their gourd players is not fun. I especially love hearing a bong hit going of during the jump over comms, makes me confident in my team.

I play this game like any other I want to win and since the system is in place to "match" you with other players it should seriously be re-vamped to start some statistically based match making not just random whoever is available matchmaking. Put a noob in a squad with 2 higher kdr players, I am fine with that, but consistently being paired with 2 noobs is frustrating. 

No one is saying life stuff doesn't happen I have had my dog jump in my lap like someone else posted and cost me a game or 2. This whole comment stream is about the increase in junky players flooding the game pool and there not being any matchmaking system in place to even remotely balance teams. 

There will always be a mix of players we can all agree on that, but there has got to be a balance or players will move on. I play 1-2 random games per night currently because of this, if my friends aren't available I bounce to Modern Warfare. I like Apex and was looking forward to breaking past 200 wins this season, but it is what it is. 

BTW if my jumpmaster flies into a mountain side on initial jump I am leaving the game too, it is not worth the hassle of running into an area just to get blasted with no gun or equipment. Seriously it is not that hard to jump out of the ship, if you can't handle it pass it along to someone else.

Message 42 of 56 (557 Views)

★ Guide
@mastiffslinger I agree. I've played Apex since release and really enjoy the game. But I have the same issue when it comes to having a full squad. It seems all the stars and moon have to align to have all my friends on at the same time. Everyone is either busy with life or majority of my friends have stopped playing.

So it's usually myself playing with two randoms that most of the time have no idea whats going on. I'm talking about the simplest of things when it comes to games. No awareness to the ring, no ammo management, running straight into gunfire with no purpose. I could go on and on. So lately I have done what you have, go play modern warfare or some other title. Which sucks because I really enjoy this game.

One huge positive (IMO) was duos mode! It's typically a lot easier to find one player opposed to two players. Plus in duos you still have the team aspect in which the game was built on. So to say the least I've been having a blast this past week, sad that its a limited game mode and will soon be done.

Not sure why solos and duos are just limited game modes. Fingers crossed this will change over time.
Message 43 of 56 (533 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Wingmannedbro "literally always a possibility." was never mentioned. But think 1 out of 7000 would be possible. Obviously, you have to play with randos sometimes. And sometimes one of those randos is a decent teammate. Add Friend. It seems to be a common misconstrusion on forums. No one said "Always" or "make people". I meant to say, Reduce your chances of getting upset, by playing with people who don't upset you. Randos will rarely meet anyone's expectations. I find they give me unforeseen challenges that can make me into a better player Standard smile Love you guys
Message 44 of 56 (514 Views)

★★★ Expert

@i0n19 wrote:
@Wingmannedbro"literally always a possibility." was never mentioned. But think 1 out of 7000 would be possible. Obviously, you have to play with randos sometimes. And sometimes one of those randos is a decent teammate. Add Friend. It seems to be a common misconstrusion on forums. No one said "Always" or "make people". I meant to say, Reduce your chances of getting upset, by playing with people who don't upset you. Randos will rarely meet anyone's expectations. I find they give me unforeseen challenges that can make me into a better player Standard smile Love you guys

The whole point of the post tho, is that it would be good to have casual solo's mode as an option for when you can't play with your friends.

Message 45 of 56 (503 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Jem450R  Wrote: Your playing a game your already wasting time

The most sane and reasonable comment on these forums.

Message 46 of 56 (491 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

almost season 7 and sbmm is still a complete joke, way to be suckers for the noobies money respawn keep ignoring ur actual player base 🤡

Message 47 of 56 (354 Views)

★★★ Expert

Literally = meaning exactly

Every team is trash.

That means all the teams you are on which include you, OP?

So...yes, I know what you mean.  But you don't mean literally.  I think what you mean is that most teams don't play together well.  Particularly not when you are logging in to play with pugs.

I play alone, so I hear you.  Sometimes I get tired of Pathfinder/Octanes each of who decide they want to go faster as they can away, expecting everyone to follow them, usually in separate directions.  I can get tired of playing Wattson and watching my two team mates want to get into a melee in the open, you know, far away from where I set up my ult.  People suck, often.  

You have to leave games.  Respawn encourages it from what I can tell.  No penalty, even rewards you for what you earned up to that point.  With that in mind, to save your sanity, as I said in another post...

Leave often.  Be happy.

Stick around for the few games when you get people playing like a team.  It's about 1 in 8-10 games.

Message 48 of 56 (332 Views)

★ Pro
@SiLLaaD oh? You played with me when? Wink
Message 49 of 56 (328 Views)

★★★ Guide
@KelRiever OP is probably long gone from this forum.
Message 50 of 56 (320 Views)