Re: Listen up people - Apex Legends came out coming up only 3 months!

by IGuruDevI

Original Post

Re: LISTEN UP PEOPLE - APEX LEGENDS CAME OUT ONLY A LITTLE OVER 2 MONTHS AGO!

★★ Guide

WHAT A LOVELY LOVELY ESSAY!

oh, i didnt even read.

Message 11 of 29 (524 Views)

Re: LISTEN UP PEOPLE - APEX LEGENDS CAME OUT ONLY A LITTLE OVER 2 MONTHS AGO!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Recktd 

It's for people if they cared for any of this sort of this thing, would like to dabble in it, there's nothing stupid about it....

People like to play around and waste their time doing all sorts of things, so now let them go have fun and learn to Model... Wink

@TissuePaper77  Oh gee how funny, but wait, I forgot to laugh...

Message 12 of 29 (469 Views)

Re: Listen up people - Apex Legends came out only a little over 2 months ago!

★ Apprentice

@xpl0its wrote:

Hello All,

I truly hope everyone sees this before they start going off, to realize one simple FACT, the game just came out, and people are like expecting miracles.

APEX LEGENDS CAME OUT IN FEBRUARY 2019!

The question is, what miracles of development are looking for in such a short period of time?

1. Have you ever seriously looked at the mass amount of work that goes into gaming development?

2. In reference to bullet point number 1 above, ask yourself in all honesty, with any level of technology you know, Asus, MSI, Nvidia, Intel, AMD, etc, when something comes out, how long it takes before you see bug fixes, patches, updates, etc.?

3. In reference to what I have just said, what makes anyone think issues might even start getting fixed in as little as 2 months?

Take a challenge for yourself, so maybe you'll either have fun doing this, but hopefully too gain a greater respect for gaming, get yourself a copy of 3D Studio Max and I challenge you just to make 1 Character or 1 Weapon and see the difficulty involved in modeling, just to gain a better understanding here of one aspect to gaming. Better yet have you learned a Coding Language like Python or Java, to even understand the level of difficulty it is to be a Coder?

Truth is, if you don't start taking a hard look at what goes under the hood of gaming, then you'll maybe never have, or show the respect these people deserve for what they are offering us!

Code Development and Bugs take time!

* Have any of you ever developed a game at any level?

* Have any of you ever written and developed in any language? C, Java, Python, etc?

Do you honestly know the world of Technology and Development? Because if you did, then you would all have the highest respect and admiration for what these people are doing and would not be going off, but would instead give constructive criticism, file bug reports and SHOW RESPECT & ETIQUETTE!

I see people in life treat their pets better then I see how they are treating each on this forum!

Get one thing STRAIGHT between your ears, this is an ONLINE COMMUNITY where we are suppose to be LIKE MINDED GAMERS in support of each other, not here tearing each other down!

EA/RESPAWN gave you a FREE GAME, so have some patience, and for those that have been buying Apex Coins, ok we all feel for you, but are you going to seriously sit here and try to convince a bunch of Geeks that you have never ever had serious software and driver issues ever while gaming in all your years?

One simple fact, AMD & Nvidia drivers always have problems in games, and do they ever go away?

You know another reason why in Technology they say "BUGS" because it's not something that you always fix and never see again, or there's another BUG. They are PESTS that are always around, never ending, constantly a problem to deal with and try and resolve!

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF COMPUTERS - GO PLAY A GAME AND HAVE FUN AND TRY TO HAVE SOME PATIENCE WHILE THEY WORK OUT THE BUGS!

UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL!

P.S. I'm not looking for any glory, but please bump this so everyone reads it! I don't think people realize that the game just came out and things take time, and it's not been long at all since the release!

[edit: changed the title to non-caps]

Then they shouldn't be releasing the game in "beta phase" there should be no pay to use content. If the game is fundamentally undeveloped and needs work then they need to do that before they bring the product to market.

I'm not going to starbucks and ordering a water, with coffee grinds being a paid extra. If I have to pay to use something in a game, it's not a test phase you're selling a completed product.

if I was buying a beta code, with a "paid beta" like we used to a million years ago, where everything is accessible but you pay to try the beta then cool. But it's not and its basically just * supermax for kids. It's easy money and the game is just going to downward spiral, all the other games have already taken their spots back and Ea and Respawn are just letting this game die, it was a temporary boost of income and that was all it was meant to be.

Message 13 of 29 (450 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SwompDonkey  Actually, I think that when you compare these BR games - especially the free to play ones - you have to take into account how long they've been in development for. Apex is one of the newest games. So it's a bit unfair to compare content in Apex on a like-for-like basis to other similar games which have been in development much longer. There's a stark disparity in the amount of opportunity development teams have to create content when they have had less time to work on them. Standard smile

Message 14 of 29 (424 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm not comparing features. I think fundamentally apex is the best playing vr game. 

But the fact that there are so many issues, and public requests that aren't even being acknowledged that the more popular fortnite pubg stuff just took their spots back. 

Apex is more focused on lootboxes and skins than proper development. 

My only regret is that I bought the battle pass. Which 100% is t worth it  and with all the rampant cheating server lag hit reg problems and what not. The games not even fun enough to grind out for the sake of completing it. 

It's am ea game it was developed for microtransactions and user feedback basically goes unnoticed. 

@warslag wrote:

@SwompDonkey  Actually, I think that when you compare these BR games - especially the free to play ones - you have to take into account how long they've been in development for. Apex is one of the newest games. So it's a bit unfair to compare content in Apex on a like-for-like basis to other similar games which have been in development much longer. There's a stark disparity in the amount of opportunity development teams have to create content when they have had less time to work on them. Standard smile

Message 15 of 29 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I'm a Geek and I know Development on many levels pertaining to many areas, applications and computer systems, to tell you this game is not in a Beta State/Phase...

People still are not acknowledging the fact that this game has just been released, and continue to mention things, just as it's being mentioned here, that the developers fail to repsond, or reply or acknowledgements about the game, it's condition, crys from the community over these things, etc., and it goes on and on...

Who is to truthfully and honestly say they are not aware of everything going on, and truth be told, they don't have to say anything, it's their call, but that doesn't mean they are not aware or not caring about it, you could say, they already have a "Development Plan" in progress, and just like any Major Business, or Corporation, move in that direction, regardless of what anyone thinks.

It would be foolish for us to think that EA/Respawn is not aware of the magnitude of this game and what it represents to the gaming world. So that would either mean, it will grow, or they are now moving on to the next big thing, but consideing it was only released, moving on to something else is completely ludacris at this point in time, because the game still has many things to be worked out and that means it still represents a TEST BED for it's future development and those to follow.

People need to sit back and chill and let EA/Respawn do their job! Wink

The biggest problem we have is a so called Community of Experts who have no clue about Business, or Gaming development, that continue to spew utter nonsense!

It's like listenging to the Drunk living on the street for advise on life!@ LOL Wink

How many people can honestly step forward in this community with a serious working background in computer technology on any level, that would also truly grasp the concepts of gaming development, would we be sitting around listening to them complain as much as people complain on this forum? I can tell you for a fact it would not be any of them, because just like anything in life, things take time, it's just that simple and barely 3 months is not that much time.

In development it typically goes one of two ways, you either release small fixes updates more often, or wait and release on big update, but it also deepends on if any of these things effect security at any level...

They use to say; "Good things come to those that wait" and if I had to take a Geek Guess here, I think EA/Respawn will release a pretty big update in the near future... Wink

Message 16 of 29 (404 Views)

★★★ Guide

Actually the game is about 3 months old now and of course it is still a new game but that doesn't stop many people want it to be perfect at once.

Message 17 of 29 (400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@TJ400000I edited my post over as you replied, yes 3 months...

So the fact we are not seeing anything, lends more to the idea of one big update is on it's way to address many things, rather then small releases...

P.S. Changed the Title of the Post too... Wink

Message 18 of 29 (399 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@xpl0its 

Your absolutely right.

people should just leave the game without telling the developers why!

that would improve any game!

( sarcasm obviously )

and the people programming this game and 3D modelling do this for a living.

i program plc’s for a living.

telling you to do something i would do in 5 minutes would take you 3 days if you dont understanding the basic concept and the program.

telling ea we are not satisfied yet with what we have is what the forums are for.

if your happy with what you have right now buy packages in the ingame store so there is money to pay the developers salary. And support the game and the decelopers. In the end thats why they do what they do.

and people generally treat eachother nicely on the forum. There is a difference between insulting and arguing.

and the community managers are also doing a good job sepparating the 2.

making people understand how Much work it is to make a game is irrelevant.

unless its art.

the product just had to be good if people are going to spend time and money on it.

and our time and our money is exacly what EA wants from us. And in return we want a good product or else the deal is off.

And the occasinal slaps towards them on the forums tells them we care. Else we would have left silently to give our precious time and money to another game.

the world of gaming has countless offers.

The developrs have to pull miracles to make game better then all the countless other games out there. And listening to your communities needs is a must. But there must be something to listen to.

Message 19 of 29 (379 Views)

★ Guide

who cares if it came 2 months ago but still they are not fixing issues, bugs and requirements

# wraith unlimited portal glitch.

# slow server( servers are not slow. it just a bug for few players. some player run smoothly and some get slow by the bug)

# hitbox

# cheaters with a new account every day.

# worst spectating mode( can't report real cheater because you are unable to switch on him)

# no ping lock servers

# autoexec remove some game effects. (remove it)

# no reply system in game

# not duo or 4 man squad matchmaking

# not proper loot spread on all over the map

# spam of nades are unacceptable. ( put limits on keep nades in a pocket or reduce damage area of nades)

Message 20 of 29 (368 Views)