Re: LISTEN UP PEOPLE - APEX LEGENDS CAME OUT ONLY A LITTLE OVER 2 MONTHS AGO!

by prankstar2

Original Post

Listen up people - Apex Legends came out coming up only 3 months!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hello All,

I truly hope everyone sees this before they start going off, to realize one simple FACT, the game just came out, and people are like expecting miracles.

APEX LEGENDS CAME OUT IN FEBRUARY 2019!

The question is, what miracles of development are looking for in such a short period of time?

1. Have you ever seriously looked at the mass amount of work that goes into gaming development?

2. In reference to bullet point number 1 above, ask yourself in all honesty, with any level of technology you know, Asus, MSI, Nvidia, Intel, AMD, etc, when something comes out, how long it takes before you see bug fixes, patches, updates, etc.?

3. In reference to what I have just said, what makes anyone think issues might even start getting fixed in as little as 2 months?

Take a challenge for yourself, so maybe you'll either have fun doing this, but hopefully too gain a greater respect for gaming, get yourself a copy of 3D Studio Max and I challenge you just to make 1 Character or 1 Weapon and see the difficulty involved in modeling, just to gain a better understanding here of one aspect to gaming. Better yet have you learned a Coding Language like Python or Java, to even understand the level of difficulty it is to be a Coder?

Truth is, if you don't start taking a hard look at what goes under the hood of gaming, then you'll maybe never have, or show the respect these people deserve for what they are offering us!

Code Development and Bugs take time!

* Have any of you ever developed a game at any level?

* Have any of you ever written and developed in any language? C, Java, Python, etc?

Do you honestly know the world of Technology and Development? Because if you did, then you would all have the highest respect and admiration for what these people are doing and would not be going off, but would instead give constructive criticism, file bug reports and SHOW RESPECT & ETIQUETTE!

I see people in life treat their pets better then I see how they are treating each on this forum!

Get one thing STRAIGHT between your ears, this is an ONLINE COMMUNITY where we are suppose to be LIKE MINDED GAMERS in support of each other, not here tearing each other down!

EA/RESPAWN gave you a FREE GAME, so have some patience, and for those that have been buying Apex Coins, ok we all feel for you, but are you going to seriously sit here and try to convince a bunch of Geeks that you have never ever had serious software and driver issues ever while gaming in all your years?

One simple fact, AMD & Nvidia drivers always have problems in games, and do they ever go away?

You know another reason why in Technology they say "BUGS" because it's not something that you always fix and never see again, or there's another BUG. They are PESTS that are always around, never ending, constantly a problem to deal with and try and resolve!

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF COMPUTERS - GO PLAY A GAME AND HAVE FUN AND TRY TO HAVE SOME PATIENCE WHILE THEY WORK OUT THE BUGS!

UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL!

P.S. I'm not looking for any glory, but please bump this so everyone reads it! I don't think people realize that the game just came out and things take time, and it's not been long at all since the release!

[edit: changed the title to non-caps]

Message 1 of 29 (1,095 Views)

★★ Guide

TL;DR

Message 2 of 29 (1,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Nobody cares about whatever unnoticeable bugs there are, the game has looked bug free since day 1 and we all want content because right now there is nothing to do or get and nobody is playing anymore because of it.

Message 3 of 29 (1,035 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Lol at "noticeable bugs and the game looked bug free"
Message 4 of 29 (1,005 Views)

★ Guide
tl;dr 2 months is a term long enough to implement at least social features like in battlenet so we could AT LEAST add friends ingame without the need to do crazy amount of stupid manipulations. Absolutely unacceptable in 2019. It took them 45 days to implement that Report button. Still enjoy playing Apex, but we're not talking about it being the best BR anymore.
Message 5 of 29 (990 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I mainly want to see more clarity going forward. It will be 3 months in little over a week and the additions so far haven't been especially meaningful. And the promise of meaningful additions is absent too. Their paradigm of announcing the important details last second is wearing thin. For example I can't enthuse about season 2 if I don't know what it is. I can't enthuse about it if it's just the same as season 1 either. I bought into season 1 purely because I liked the game and didn't like the store prices.

Fixes are not what I would categorise as 'additions'. They are intended to iron out issues with the current content and nothing more.

They don't need to make a whole other Kings Canyon-sized map. But they do need to give us more to do. Even the new legend and HAVOC are not what I would consider meaningful game-changers. They could release smaller scale maps, made by their most amateur team member, with no textures at all, and I would be as happy as a pig in s***. If they gave us the means I would make them myself.

Message 6 of 29 (979 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Things they did:
1. A great game
2. Advertise the game by paying famous streamers to stream the game on the day of the launch which helped garner a lot of players.

3. Introduced the ping system in a battle royale.

4. A * battle pass.

5. A new champion and weapon within 2 months.

Things they should have expected after what they did:
1. People asking for more content.

2. A lot of cheat makers and cheaters.

3. Server problems

Things they should have done:

They should have been preparing to launch a bunch of new content in a few weeks after the game launched, even if the game doesn't garner a lot of attention. Why? In the gaming world right now, people will want a lot of content, new content on a game they're playing whether or not it's free or paid. Sure they're strategy sounds great if they launched this game years ago, but times have changed, the gaming community is bigger than ever, a lot of people actually play games like what? 12 hours a day? 16 hours? or even the whole day or until they drop dead. Parts of the gaming community were even looking for a  Fortnight Killer or even just a decent battle royale, and this was that game for many. They launched a great game but weren't prepared for the consequences. They hire Shroud, Disrespect, Dizzy and a few other streamers who have what? thousands or millions of people watching them everyday and they don't expect a lot of people to join in and have expectations? Specially since it's a game coming from RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT? Well known for a lot of great games like the Titan Fall series.

Message 7 of 29 (942 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

"Take a challenge for yourself, so maybe you'll either have fun doing this, but hopefully too gain a greater respect for gaming, get yourself a copy of 3D Studio Max and I challenge you just to make 1 Character or 1 Weapon and see the difficulty involved in modeling, just to gain a better understanding here of one aspect to gaming. Better yet have you learned a Coding Language like Python or Java, to even understand the level of difficulty it is to be a Coder?" 

Why would I have to take a challenge myself? They're payed and trained to make animations / textures. This is just plain stupid what you said lol. 

Message 8 of 29 (930 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Daddy/Mommy: I want this, I want that, I want it ALL , I want it NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

Typical kid, right?  Standard smile

Message 9 of 29 (915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@prankstar2 

We're talking Corporation Level Business decision making, not exactly at times as simple as people on this forum seem to think it works.

So you've earned every Badge in the Game, and for every Legend too?

If you haven't earned every Badge for every Legend, there's a "Challenge" for you, to keep you busy... Standard smile

Also have you joined a Clan to challenge yourself with the game on many levels through a Clan?

Everyone needs to chill and have fun, the game is not dead or dying, people spreading this type of nonsense around are just trolls.

For now this game isn't going anywhere.

P.S. LOOK at it this way, isn't something better than nothing? People can't be happy with what you have, and would rather have nothing at all? Maybe it's time to be THANKFUL for what you have, rather then being upset over it!

I'm glad I am healthy, alive, have money to be able to afford a gaming pc I can play with, rather then if I was laid up in a hospital dying of cancer! Wink

Message 10 of 29 (867 Views)