Re: List of problems to fix

by Army0f0n3_99

Original Post

List of problems to fix

★★★ Newbie

First of all, my lineups are all over 78 with my 3 best 80 and above. Many of these issues occur whether i'm playing a sub 70 overall team or an 80+ (non pvp). 

1. Offensive rebounding of AI happens WAY too often. I watch 3 of my AI players watch the ball bounce while the other team goes after it, happens every other game at least once. Or if my center is boxing out the PG and jumps at the same time the PG gets it way too often. It's as if the offensive rebound is being forced despite the situation being highly unlikely for an offensive rebound to occur. 

2. Too many forced outcomes. Countless times I'll miss an open shot, an uncontested layup, or an open 3 with a 88 or 90 rated 3PT shooter (despite getting perfect green timing), then the AI of the other team will make some crazy off-balanced or no-look shot and make it. Or a low rated shooter will hit a fade away jumper despite a defender jumping at the same time. Too often it's obvious the game is programmed for you to lose the challenge no matter how well you play. That doesn't belong in any game to rig the outcome, period. Many times I'll shoot open shots perfectly over and over and not make one and no matter what I do on defense the AI will make a shot. 

3. Major lack of common sense with game mechanics. A point guard under 6 ft should not be able to elevate over everyone and dunk over centers jumping from almost the free throw line. Or a 90 rated 3PT shooter will miss a wide open shot with perfect timing and then next play a 40 rated player will hit the same shot without perfect timing. Tells me there is WAY too much randomness involved. 

4. Passing is the worst i've ever seen in a basketball game. You can have 1 player wide open with a clear path to the basket but another player behind him who is blocked by a defender and majority of the time the pass will go to the defender for a TO. Passes have to be PERFECT just to not get a TO. Should be able to touch the player to pass to and either immediately pass or lock on that player for the next pass. 

5. Need more attribute categories like blocking, stealing, dunking, etc. Or contested shot ability would be great considering how random that seems to be. 

6. The AI can do things a user can't. Almost all contested layups for a user will miss while the AI makes them often. AI can rebound much better even with perfect timing of a jump. It seems unbelievable but many times I'll jump with my center and the ball will just go right past me to the other team. 

7. Horrible drop rate on rewards from live events, and horrible is an understatement. 

8. Too many collections to complete, clogs it all up. Would be better if you press "go to sets" and it takes you to the set you just got a card for, or more accurate recommended sets. 

9. Some way of controlling skill moves.

10. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many turnovers. Certain players will lose the ball near the basket 100% of the time (draymond green elite defensive lineup for example). Every time certain players touch the ball I have to run away quickly or the defender will steal it and can't pass because passes get intercepted too easily. 

Don't really have complaints about PVP other than the gameplay itself that is universal. I would usually just quit a game with this many flaws but I WANT to like this game and keep playing. If some of these major issues aren't fixed with the next update I'm done though, just too much of a waste of time when things start to feel out of my control and outcome is set before I even play. I know stealing people's stamina increases the potential for stamina refill and more spending but at least make it less obvious. I could miss all my shots on 1 event and lose by a lot then hit play again and win by 10 playing the exact same way. 

Message 1 of 2 (589 Views)

Re: List of problems to fix

★★★★★ Newbie

I have an 83 OV franchise and a 64 OV franchise. Go figure.

1. If offensive rebounding is happening too much, then you need to get a taller center, as well as learn to make your players crash in on the key after a shot.

2. The reason you miss a shot is based on their current shooting streak, people around them, and their rating. You can't spam threes with curry, you need to get other shots to balance it a bit. And do you ever see any NBA player making all their shots? If yes, then you are watching player highlights.

3. You are asking too much. You are expecting a player that is 90 OV to hit a three, regardless of the factors of distance, people around them and their shooting streak! Like I said, you cannot just spam three's with a player, because they will miss it. This encourages you to play smarter ball.

4. Passing is very easy to do, if you are doing it right. Don't pass to players when there are people next to them. Dribble around and let them get open! Don't pass it to a guy with 4 players breathing down his neck.

5. Players have abilities, but they are all the ones that take time to unlock.

6. Everything the AI does the user can. For example, the alley oops. You need to turn off auto switching. Shoot the ball, click switch, and then press drive and you have attempted an alley oop.

7. If drop rates were good in live events would you think there is any value to cards? The point of the game is to get cards that are better and are higher value.

8. Too many sets to complete is true, but how else are you going to get Westbrook? And also there is a go to sets thing, called suggestions, and you see it when you click on the sets tab. It gives you sets based on what you have in your binder.

9. If you could control skill moves why would they be skill moves? They'd be moves you spam every time, and no one wants that. They want a more versatile form of gameplay, not just spinning around and around using a "spin button"

10. The reason you are getting turnovers is because you are either holding the ball, or using a player with low dribble rating. Don't expect a big man to be able to hold onto the ball as well as a point guard, because the big man's job is to get the dunks and layups, not much dribbling involved.

Message 2 of 2 (573 Views)