List of naughty words and phrases

by Hanonaut

Original Post

Re: List of naughty words and phrases

Champion
@Koochi-Q I was wondering who was gonna make the reference haha

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 21 of 31 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Koochi-QSpeaking of the number 4, it's Japan's unlucky number just like Westerner's 13. Some buildings in Tokyo does not have the 4th floor since 4 can also be pronounced as "shi" which sounds like the word for death. A reason why a lot of Japanese were so shocked that Sony pushed with the PS4 rather than giving it another name. And yes my people are very weird. xD

Forward thinking? We have the best toilet technology but we still use the fax and use a stamp as a signature. LOL!

Message 22 of 31 (438 Views)

★ Expert
@Cheese9Man I love Japan. I love the culture, history (most of it), customs, society, the food ... Japan! I love manga, anime and Japanese cinema. I've even tried learning nihongo (it's very hard for a English speaking idiot).

Also ... I've never been to Japan :D

(Was planning to but lockdown put paid the that. I got as close as Borneo, once, which isn't very close).
Message 23 of 31 (430 Views)

@Cheese9Man Wait, so... no 4th floor? Does the building just like hover in the air on rockets? JAPANESE PEOPLE ARE AMAZING!!!
Message 24 of 31 (420 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EdwardDLuffy You’ll be amazed how big Apex is in this country. There even graffitis of BH. Come on by after the pandemic!
Message 25 of 31 (418 Views)

@EdwardDLuffy The closest I've been (geographically) to Japan is Colorado. Emotionally, I was close to Japan a few years ago. People would look at me and say, "Look at that guy. He's obviously close to Japan right now."
Message 26 of 31 (417 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@LaughingSharko Aren’t some Western buildings exclude the 13th floor? In the Philippines, most of the building just skip that floor as well because they said that it brings bad luck. LOL.
Message 27 of 31 (416 Views)

@Cheese9Man Yes, they (13th floors) may exist but I've never seen one.
Message 28 of 31 (395 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man This is a fairly common occurrence!! People are silly

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 29 of 31 (379 Views)

@dSKyNafinchin I mean... I've never been to Japan. I only know about Tokyo from Bubblegum Crisis and other anime. My entire perception of Japan is probably a lie based on neon signs, floating buildings, rogue AI and "sashimi." I bet sashimi doesn't even exist!
Message 30 of 31 (358 Views)