Re: Link Origin and Ubisoft accounts issue

by portaZN

Original Post

Link Origin and Ubisoft accounts issue

★★★ Newbie

I bought an Ubisoft game on the origin launcher / store. But I cant link my Ubisoft account to my origin launcher. Yes I've been here (https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/playing-ubisoft-games-using-origin/) and it was the most unhelpful thing ever. It just says 'cannot link your account at this time, try again later' (or similar). I can log into my Ubisoft account just fine from the browser, and it shows my Ubisoft name when I do the log in. So it's reading everything fine. anyone got any helpful insights?

Message 1 of 8 (1,364 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Commander_Harper are you seeing an error message of any kind?

The more information that we have the better we can help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,334 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have just done the same. I keep getting the "Unable to link to your Ubisoft account
We're sorry, there was a problem linking to your Ubisoft account. Please try again later." message. I don't understand why my accounts won't work right, and then I have tried to refund said Ubisoft game and I can't refund through Origin... Although I bought it through the launcher... The Origin launcher, and now I have given up on trying to get a refund, and I want to play the game... But I can't

Message 3 of 8 (1,242 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Codemansbeast92 Apparently clearing the cookies allowed me to connect.

Message 4 of 8 (1,223 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had Malware Bytes active, and it was preventing the link from happening, basically it was blocking anything from popping up through origin, so try removing that temporarily

Message 5 of 8 (1,044 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your fix @Merlyn936.

Can anyone still seeing this issue ensure that your anti-virus is not blocking it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (984 Views)

★★ Novice

Okaii I had this problem and was getting frustrated with it...once you have bought it you can download it from Ubisoft directly, it will show in your games area.

Message 7 of 8 (952 Views)

★★★ Novice

how do I do that ?

Message 8 of 8 (917 Views)