Limit on free Apex Packs (forced to pay for loot boxes)

by MorbidRomantic

Original Post

Re: Limit on free Apex Packs (forced to pay for loot boxes)

★★★ Newbie

There's a season pass coming out for the game

Message 71 of 156 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

there is no reason for me to play in looter shooter game without loot boxes and against cheaters. this is stupid. even if i buy them why do i need to play?

Message 72 of 156 (677 Views)

★ Apprentice

each character should have had their own lvling system to 100 and no apex packs at 100 is really lame even OW guarantees a loot box per lvl

Message 73 of 156 (665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I get that they need money, and i would even buy something, but not like this.

It just feels shady, like what are legend tokens there for? Give me something to grind for!

You can buy characters with them and skins. But only if you get the legendary skin before that.

Which you can conveniently buy with real money.

Edit: Also the loot boxes are too random, like you can get voice lines, skins, finishers, frames, like i'd never buy apex crates in this state.

I cant even remotely know if i'll get anything i want, they should add new crates and categorize them, like skin crates etc

Edit Edit: Just thought of this, why not add character loot crates? Like "Lifeline Apex crate" which can contain gun skins, lifeline skins, lines and frames.

Message 74 of 156 (660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Because you can easily spend 100 dollars and get next to nothing to show for it.  Or you can buy like 3 legendary skins for $60.  The prices are completley jacked.  Half the fun of this game is leveling and earning lootboxes.  No suprise EA messed that up.  If the battle pass doesnt hold redeemable qualities this game wont stay relevant and that’s just the facts

Message 75 of 156 (611 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

really? you dont see anyone talking about it? the game is free....and they still give you a bunch of free boxes. battlepass is coming....so...?

if you NEED progression right now to enjoy the game well...maybe focus on getting your kill count and win count up.... unlock those banners to display to people. max out character level... there's something...

Message 76 of 156 (593 Views)

★★ Novice

So many people defending loot boxes and mobile-style monetization practices... It's like people love being ripped off and exploited.

Message 77 of 156 (587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
  • Jesus you suck at rng. I'm about level 40 had a few epics and legendary and got 700 crafting and spent 0 on the game so far. Ots the best fun I've had for 0 pounds in my entire gaming life. Epic game. And I look forward to seeing what the battle pass offers so I can reward the guys who made the game by buying it.
  • And to the comment above me no one loves being ripped off and exploited. If you feel that way about a free to play game with 0 pay to win you need to take a look at yourself. You are clearly getting upset about not being able to get a pixel outfit for your pixel character. Get over it or buy loot boxes to support the game. No one's breaking your arm to do it.
Message 78 of 156 (557 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Dominicomucci wrote:
  • Jesus you suck at rng. I'm about level 40 had a few epics and legendary and got 700 crafting and spent 0 on the game so far. Ots the best fun I've had for 0 pounds in my entire gaming life. Epic game. And I look forward to seeing what the battle pass offers so I can reward the guys who made the game by buying it.
  • And to the comment above me no one loves being ripped off and exploited. If you feel that way about a free to play game with 0 pay to win you need to take a look at yourself. You are clearly getting upset about not being able to get a pixel outfit for your pixel character. Get over it or buy loot boxes to support the game. No one's breaking your arm to do it.

The store is overpriced, and people enjoy the game and want to unlock content (skins for the game) but it is a rip off. That is why their complaint is valid. Your comment however is pretty dense. You're stating "It is not pay 2 win there for a company should be able to charge whatever they want for the unlockable content". That makes zero sense. Companies can charge whatever they want for their product. And customers can also complain about the prices. I do not see the issue here. It is just cause and effect.
Message 79 of 156 (546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hope they dont Put knifes in it tho

Message 80 of 156 (475 Views)