Re: Limit on free Apex Packs (forced to pay for loot boxes)

by Nino_Z

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SlivPTS Overwatch was 60 EUR on release. Second, how much they make is a matter of quality. If EA would offer decent servers, a fair monetization system - they would also make as much. A product will never improve if there are people who defend its flaws. Why should they improve if they think all is good and people are happy?!

CM Edit - Be nice. 

Message 141 of 156 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Nino_Z

Ok, 60 euro + lootboxes and in-game purchases.
what's your point?
you still disagree that "full price game" is not 60$ anymore?

or now you are comparing 60 euro game with free-2-play game?

You are writing nonsense and i am "sucker"?
I am not defending anyone here and i wrote that i am not supporting current skin prices.

Message 142 of 156 (552 Views)

★ Guide
@SlivPTS For 60 EUR on day 1 - you get everything. I have not spent any money on boxes and I have all skins unlocked, 8 golden weapons, 20.000 coins (which I got from boxes, which I received with each level). That is a normal full-price progression system. A free-to-play game should not be MUCH more expensive than this, if you want some cosmetics. And it is. And I am comparing two triple A games. The monetization system is not relevant, what is relevant is that people have to spend more than the price of a full-priced game in the case of Apex. Games change their monetizations constantly. Look at BF3 or at For Honor. That's not what matters here. What does matter is that no matter which monetization system is chosen, they make it fair. And how do you make it fair? Do do it by never exceeding the reasonble price of a game. In the case of a triple A game, that's 60 EUR.

So in other words - you either charge 60 EUR once, or make things (ALL THINGS) possible to aquire for free, but also offer a paid shortcut to them. Apex is not doing that. They make a few things available and the rest is hidden behind a paywall which is much higher than the price of a full-priced game.

And you, defending this practice, is inexcusable. Because such practices are a sign of unreasonable greed. I am all for paying people for their work, but just as I would not pay 100 EUR for a burger, I also cannot approve of the artificial limits placed here in order to force people to pay for stuff. It's not right, it's not acceptable and the majority of people will not fall for it.
Message 143 of 156 (532 Views)

★ Pro
@Nino_Z
So you ARE comparing 60 euro game with free-2-play game.
I wasn't defending Apex. All i wrote is that "Overwatch is not F2P to comapre with Apex" and i still think that 20-60 $ from every player is HUGE differnce.
Maybe you can provide better example? F2P BR game?
Message 144 of 156 (512 Views)

★ Guide
@SlivPTS What does the "BR" stand for?
Message 145 of 156 (509 Views)

★★ Pro

@SlivPTS wrote:
@Nino_Z
So you ARE comparing 60 euro game with free-2-play game.
I wasn't defending Apex. All i wrote is that "Overwatch is not F2P to comapre with Apex" and i still think that 20-60 $ from every player is HUGE differnce.
Maybe you can provide better example? F2P BR game?

I've been reading this conversation all morning... Y'all are entertaining. But @SlivPTS, I don't think you'll ever get it. His last reply summed it up perfectly.

If a $60 Triple A game gives you the ability to unlock everything in game (that's only $60 for all skins, all characters, etc.), then there's no reason a F2P game can't adopt a similar model. APEX becomes $60 after three skins, but there's a TON more to unlock after that. We're saying that games should have both methods - allow us to earn everything in game but buy them if we want to. As it sits, APEX gives you some stuff to buy but locks other stuff behind pay walls. It's very simple. 

Message 146 of 156 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@jonesy0218
Again...
He wrote "I'd rather pay a full price game..."

Apex for $60+?
This game would be dead within few months.

And i added "And if you didn't notice then "full price game" is not 60$ anymore."

He disagreed with me and from then i was arguing with him ONLY about "full price game" is not 60$ anymore, but he mixed everything together.

Again... I am NOT defending anyone.
And i wrote that i understand what he is trying to say and i agree that prices on skins are insane and that you get very small % of skins.

What solution you see? Sell skins for 3$? Option to buy "bundles" with skin sets?

Or one "mega" Battle Pass for 60$ where all content will be added, so you can unlock everything just by playing the game.

Message 147 of 156 (491 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve spent hundreds on this game at this point. I only have 1 legendary finisher. I have 1-2 legendary skins per character and a legendary skin on each weapon. I spend the money, because I have it and I enjoy the game, but I strongly disagree with the system they are using. There is no reason they can’t still give free apex packs after leveling. I’m level 350 or something but what’s the point in even leveling past 100 if there is no reward?? hell the emblem doesn’t even change. 

Overwatch has the best case scenario. Loot boxes after each level and other ways to earn loot boxes from special events etc.

Fortnite is a better system than apex. At least you can get cool items for just the price of a battle pass once per season, with a ton of content to work towards. I have a ton of high tier items and I barely play that game. 

Message 148 of 156 (398 Views)

★ Guide

@jonesy0218 

A correct assessment of the situation. That is my position as well. Let me pay a reasonable flat rate once, which will enable me to unlock everything within a reasonable timeframe.

Message 149 of 156 (397 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just don't give them my money. It's not like I don't have money to give, it's a matter of principle, and is pretty ironic, the more greedy and pathetic a game is when it comes to rewards, the less urge I have to put any money into it.

Considering how much garbage "filler" crap there is, they should be able to give you loot every level. But nope, 45 boxes, most of which are going to be for legends you don't ever play.

Message 150 of 156 (391 Views)