Re: Limit on free Apex Packs (forced to pay for loot boxes)

by Nino_Z

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

How long will you realize a free-to-play game always costs ALOT more than a paid game in long run? lolz Accept this fact and move on.

Message 131 of 156 (626 Views)

★ Guide

I fully agree. I'd rather pay a full price game than have to deal with this, because here after 3 skins, you are already at 60 bucks anyway. It's stupid and unreasonable.

Message 132 of 156 (583 Views)

★ Pro
@d3adc3II
Not true. Nobody forces you to spend money on skins.
Message 133 of 156 (560 Views)

★ Pro
@Nino_Z
But it's not possible. You will buy BR for 60$ and after few months you will wait 10 minutes to start game.
And if you didn't notice then "full price game" is not 60$ anymore.
Message 134 of 156 (551 Views)

★ Guide

@SlivPTS 

I got two Overwatch keys for 25 EUR each. And that was 2 months after it was released. Look at the time played and the skins I have aquired today on both of them. So don't tell me what the price of a full price game is nowaday. I can give you many other such examples. I have never paid over 60 EUR for a game and I usually manage to buy a key for half that much.

Message 135 of 156 (543 Views)

★ Pro
@Nino_Z
such a nonsense...
of course you can buy games cheaper after some time...
wait a year and you will buy game for few bucks.

"I got two Overwatch keys for 25 EUR each"
let me guess... G2A or similar SCAM sites?
and i think price on relese was only 40$ on PC.

"I have never paid over 60 EUR for a game"
yes, nowdays for many AAA games 60 is just entry price.
Then you have premium, ultimate, delux and so no Editions + microtransations. And your "full price game" price jumps from 60, to 120+.
Message 136 of 156 (533 Views)

★ Guide

@SlivPTS 

So because something disproves your words, it's nonsense?

Collector's editions are NOT what is called a "full price game". Your ignorance is not something you should be using in an argument in the future.

60 EUR games are full price games. Overwatch, Battlefield, DevilMayCry, Assassin's Creed, etc.

The special, deluxe, ultimate, collector's editions are beyond that. 

I will repeat the part that you seemingly missed in my previous message, but with a different example. I bought Battlefield 4 + Premium (CD Keys) for a total of 60 EUR, again about a month after they got released. I have unlocked almost everything in there and spent over 1000 hours in that game. I still play it from time to time, because it is an excellent shooter. 

In Apex, I couldn't even get a fraction of the unlockables for that money. It's frankly exraordinary to me how some people get screwed by a game and will still defend it against arguments which are clearly and objectively good. I am targeting you with that statement. 

I would rather pay a single, reasonable price and play the game normally, get a box at each level and be able to also use the ingame currency to unlock everything. The same way it is in Overwatch. While blizzard's game is bad and a total mess, they at least got the whole "lootbox" thing right. 

EA invented the "lootbox" and yet still haven't figured out a way to make them fair and lucrative at the same time.

Message 137 of 156 (524 Views)

★ Pro
@Nino_Z
"Collector's editions are NOT what is called a "full price game"."
why do you even mention "Collector's edition"?

we are talking about game, price of FULL game (content IN game). Not "after few months", but price on release, when most of players buy the game.
In BF4 you had to buy Premium (or all bundles seperately), to get FULL game. As far as i remember Premium price was additional 60$. So? Full game was $120+

"In Apex, I couldn't even get a fraction of the unlockables for that money".
I understand what are you trying to say, but...
Apex is F2P and has completely differnt monetization model where you can buy/unlock only skins. No maps/weapons or other content is locked behind paywall. You get full game for free.
Is it ok that skin costs 18$? No, and i think thay could earn much more by selling skins for half the price, but that's their decision.
Message 138 of 156 (513 Views)

★ Guide

@SlivPTS 

How about my Overwatch example? 60 EUR and over 150 skins so far, plus new maps, plus new characters. Stop trying to tap-dance around the facts. This monetization is not acceptable. Either make it so that people can earn things continueously by playing, or make it a normal paid game and then let me unlock everything.

I stand by my reasonable statement - this system is not satisfactory and definitely not well-made.

Message 139 of 156 (504 Views)

★ Pro
@Nino_Z
what about Overwatch?
we were arguing about 60$ and "full price game".

Overwatch is not F2P to comapre with Apex.
Even if release price was 40$, they have lootboxes and in-game purchases. And they already made more than $1 BILLION from in-game purchases/loot-boxes.
Message 140 of 156 (488 Views)