Re: Limit on free Apex Packs (forced to pay for loot boxes)

by OPL3XITY

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@neillkorey wrote:

@ShineHunter 

Whatever generation you are in is special and lucky to have you. How does a ftp game make money if everything is free and how is this going to pass fortnite in sales when it is free the correct word is downloads not sales a sale there is some sort of currency changing hands just wanted to let you know what a sale was. But I would like you to go to work and work for free oh wait that is just a dumb statement that people should work for free nobody would work but you keep believing that everything should be free 

You love to twist my words don't you. No one here is saying they shouldn't make money and those who have it will spend it plenty. We're saying give us chance to keep getting loot boxes after level 100 even if it takes a good year or two to get all the skins (not including DLC/pass).

Edit: I had to use google translate for the rest of your comment and it came back with an error.  

Message 101 of 156 (549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would buy crafting material, I would buy skins I like, but loot boxes are gambling. I will not support loot boxes in any way, because by supporting them, companies don't learn that gamers would rather be able to simply purchase the cosmetics they enjoy. why should i spend £20 on loot boxes to have a small chance of unlocking what i'm after rather than just being able to purchase what I like.

Message 102 of 156 (480 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Except the devs are barely fixing anything. They focus on nerfing guns instead of game breaking glitches and crap cosmetics.
Message 103 of 156 (424 Views)

★ Guide

From my point of view, there are 2 main issues with the current system.

1- You have to pay 20$ for an item some people can get for free if they get lucky. I'd be willing to buy 20$ skins for unique "paid only" skins. Otherwise 20$ is too much. Maybe cut the cost of potentially free items by 2/3. 

2- There is no ingame reward for hardcore gamers. I'm currently level 181 and I'm slowly getting more and more bored of playing the game because I can't unlock anything with the ingame currency the game is providing me. Even my level badge is not showing my true level so I can't even grind that number! That is a very huge issue. Grinding a game should reward the player in some way. 

Message 104 of 156 (419 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Lmao only idiot spend money on this game at its current state

Message 105 of 156 (405 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@OPL3XITY 

Does anyone play games for gameplay anymore honestly why would anyone grind for a number that means absolutely nothing gamers these days make me worry about how game developers are going to start making games

why should there be a special reward for “hardcore gamers” as you call them . Basically you are wanting to punish people for having busier lives than you which has never made any sense to me the majority of gamers are causal gamers why would anyone want to punish the majority of the people that buy there products

Message 106 of 156 (395 Views)

★ Guide

@neillkorey wrote:

@OPL3XITY 

Does anyone play games for gameplay anymore honestly why would anyone grind for a number that means absolutely nothing gamers these days make me worry about how game developers are going to start making games

why should there be a special reward for “hardcore gamers” as you call them . Basically you are wanting to punish people for having busier lives than you which has never made any sense to me the majority of gamers are causal gamers why would anyone want to punish the majority of the people that buy there products

I mostly play the game to get better in a competitive way. The current state of the reward system just feels a lot less rewarding when compared to other similar games. 

Many gamers like grinding games for the ingame rewards. It's in Respawn's interest to try to please and keep these active players because I believe hardcore gamers are most likely to pay for ingame items if their experience is positive.

Also, I don't think rewarding the more active players is considered punishing the less active ones. it's a bit like saying giving a better salary to the workers that work more is punishing the ones that work less. It feels a bit like a false affirmation.

Thanks for sharing your opinion on my statement. +1 :D

Message 107 of 156 (391 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@OPL3XITY 

I can’t agree that people that play over 4 hrs a day would spend more money than people that play 0-15 hours a week if you continued to give them free stuff why would anyone that plays that much spend money if they could get it for free by playing. Not to mention if people that played that much were the ones spending money companies would not make near what they do because the people that play that much are the minority of gamers

Message 108 of 156 (386 Views)

★ Guide

@neillkorey wrote:

@OPL3XITY 

I can’t agree that people that play over 4 hrs a day would spend more money than people that play 0-15 hours a week if you continued to give them free stuff why would anyone that plays that much spend money if they could get it for free by playing. Not to mention if people that played that much were the ones spending money companies would not make near what they do because the people that play that much are the minority of gamers

That points out another issue in the current Apex business model. You can get the same items by playing for free than by paying real money. I believe this is the current core issue. Spending 20$ for an item another player can get for free is not a well thought system. Spending 20$ for a paid only item would make more sense.

Currently me and my friends are not buying anything from the store because of that reason. 

A better system would reward hardcore gamers with free items.
If you aren't an hardcore gamer or can't grind the free items, you could pay for apex packs.

The store would only feature unique items that can only be bought with real money.

I'd spend a lot for unique items that make my legend stand out. 

Message 109 of 156 (383 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@OPL3XITY 

And again you are punishing me because I have a busy life making me spend money for stuff you get for free when you yourself said you won’t spend money on stuff others can get for free but you expect everyone else to good luck with that bud have a wonderful day we obviously have differing opinions no big deal

Message 110 of 156 (377 Views)