Re: Limit on free Apex Packs (forced to pay for loot boxes)

by ShineHunter

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

Oh come on people..

Making this game cost EA a lot of money.

And they want to make it back.

Thats sadly how all good and nice things in this world work.

If EA din't expect to make money out of this game it would not exist.

You get to play a realy good game for free if you like to.

And you even get a chance for free cosmetics as well!

Message 91 of 156 (576 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, can't hear you. Getting headshot by an aimbotter. Please try again later.

Message 92 of 156 (574 Views)

★ Apprentice

@DaAceXD wrote:

Oh come on people..

Making this game cost EA a lot of money.

And they want to make it back.

Thats sadly how all good and nice things in this world work.

If EA din't expect to make money out of this game it would not exist.

You get to play a realy good game for free if you like to.

And you even get a chance for free cosmetics as well!

OMG. They have made alot of money already. Look how much Fornite made off people.  

Message 93 of 156 (550 Views)

★★ Guide

i would happily buy apex boxes when they´ve dealt with the cheatfeast that´s going on.

or even paid for the game instead of making it for free.

Message 94 of 156 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@fameg90 wrote:

This!!!! I feel like at the very least, you should be able to buy packs with the tokens you obtain from grinding on this game. Considering there is no other way to unlock the skins you want in this game besides getting metals from RANDOM apex packs.

Isn't that how f2p make their money, that stuff you actually really want is locked behind a paywall?

Message 95 of 156 (542 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@abromley039 wrote:

Never spent a dime on this game, yet. Probably will only ever buy Battle Passes, if need be.

@Deathlyhearts 

So because it's a business model to provide a product at no cost, and accept money in return for items which are NOT required to play the game, it's somehow... abusive?

PSN has parental control over accounts EXACTLY to prevent this reason - so kids can't spend money on parents credit cards. If a kid has access to use family credit cards, purchases in-game RNG boxes and loses money... that is the fault OF THE PARENT, not the game. There is a reason for a legal age to obtain a credit card and for parental controls to exist.

Next, if a minor decides to spend their own money from proceeds earned on their own labour/work, it's THEIR MONEY. If you want to take this argument you might as well say everything in the world is abusive branding and all children should be hidden in a corner to prevent manipulation. What's the difference between a kids Coca-Cola commercial and RNG? Either way the kid is choosing to spend money on something they perceive valuable. Coca-Cola targets kids in commercials, should you rise up and file a complaint? If it's THEIR money.... THEY EARNED IT... they can choose what to do with it. Values, morals and principles are put in place by parents. You can't prevent stupid, stupid is stupid. You can't base business models and make them one-size fits all, not everyone is equal.

You basically said: "I don't like RNG and therefore think it's an invalid business model." < quietly continues to play Apex Legends for free while enjoying F2P business model > 

Don't try to sound all smart, while making assumptions, which are completely off the mark. No I don't enjoy F2P models. Not in the slighest. On the contrary -- I would've prefered to pay a full price for that game and enjoy an actual ingame progression, where you get rewarded for the time you invest in the game not by some awful RNG garbage system that rewards someone with great drops while dropping only crap for others.

What is there to enjoy in a F2P model anyway? The constant trolls that make free accounts on the fly only to troll people, so they can feel a little better about their insignificent selves? The high level of toxicity F2P brings? The thriving ground for all kind of cheaters? The absurdly overpriced ingame store purchases, because the company feel they can get away with it, since they slapped free to play on their title?

My argument isn't about me being cheap and wanting to play a game completely free. It's funny how you conviniently ignored the last paragraph in my post, where i said i spend hundreds of dollars on cosmetics in other game, when I've actually been given the option to CHOSE what I buy. To add on that -- the game i talk about is an MMO with a one time purchase price - so i've payed the full one time purchase price, i've paid the price for every expansion thus far and on top of that i've spend hundreds of dollars in the ingame store, because I've always been able to pick what I purchase and i've been given more then enough ingame content to feel that the developers are more then deserving of such continued support.

I don't see any of that here - all I see is 45 apex packs for the whole 1-100 level progression, that can either drop you a few decent things, or drop you a bunch of crap that you dont want and need. I see overpriced skins on the store, i see useless legends tokens, which you can use only after you drop 20 euro on a skin.

If that's fine for you, well enjoy it I guess. But don't try to bring the 'Stop being so cheap argument' against people who are not fond at all of those kind of business models, because imo they do a lot more harm then good for games and communities.

Message 96 of 156 (520 Views)

★ Apprentice

FTP normal offer everything in the game by just playing for ages. This offers only loot till level 100 and then nothing. This is what we're moaning and ranting about, This is very easy to understand. 

Message 97 of 156 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@ShineHunter 

Fortnite the most profitable free to play game ever has plenty of stuff you can not get without paying for but other than your statement being completely false you totally know what you are talking about 

Message 98 of 156 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@neillkorey wrote:

@ShineHunter 

Fortnite the most profitable free to play game ever has plenty of stuff you can not get without paying for but other than your statement being completely false you totally know what you are talking about 

Don't mix my words up white knight. Stop sticking up for greedy companies. This is said to be going to over take Fornite in sales and most FTP you can get everything in the game by just playing. Facepalm. Clearly didn't make it easy enough understand, but whatever EA/Dev or just a person that likes to throw all there money on one game. 

Message 99 of 156 (499 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@ShineHunter 

Whatever generation you are in is special and lucky to have you. How does a ftp game make money if everything is free and how is this going to pass fortnite in sales when it is free the correct word is downloads not sales a sale there is some sort of currency changing hands just wanted to let you know what a sale was. But I would like you to go to work and work for free oh wait that is just a dumb statement that people should work for free nobody would work but you keep believing that everything should be free 

Message 100 of 156 (473 Views)