Re: Limit on free Apex Packs (forced to pay for loot boxes)

by davisorle

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

The devs said you will get Apex packs during the battle pass progression

Message 51 of 156 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@stevencloser wrote:

There's fun in simply getting better at the game too, but that's not enough for everyone to keep playing. "What am I getting better for?" basically.

I find the thrill in competing against other players, i get better to be better than them. That's why i play PvP in the first place. If i want to unlock fancy stuff i can do that in many other pve/single players which revolve round that. I mean, what do you do when everything is unlocked? Stop playing?

Message 52 of 156 (1,230 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I’m not going to lie imma little annoyed by this because I have not gotten a single legendary nor epic item and I’m level 52 and frankly since my luck is already * it turns me away of buy crates.

I think something like every 2-3 wins you get a crate so it’s not for free and you have to earn it.

Frankly I don’t have 20 buck to throw on a skin or 20 crates that I might get rare common common you know what I mean
I’ll just make another account
Message 53 of 156 (1,222 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@XtakeroflifeX_YT wrote:
….

Frankly I don’t have 20 buck to throw on a skin or 20 crates that I might get rare common common you know what I mean
I’ll just make another account

So answer me this: How are they going to make money if the game is free and all the cosmetics ingame are easily obtainable for free?

Or are you under the preposition that gamecompanies should not want to make money and work years on something to give it away?

Message 54 of 156 (1,217 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Solution 1: Make buying skins directly possible and not cost half of a video game per skin because the chance of me buying a skin for $2 and then maybe a few more are a lot higher than me buying a single skin for $20 (which is 0%).

Solution 2: Do like Rocket League did and have a set of items everyone can get just by playing with the really rare items taking a loooong time to get so you could still just buy lootboxes in the hopes of getting the rare stuff faster and a set of items you can only get by paying money which generally look cooler than the free stuff

Message 55 of 156 (1,199 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ThatFawkzi wrote:

I feel it's pretty stupid to take away the main incentive for progression, especially since legend tokens are practically worthless once you have all current legends unlocked. I enjoyed the game so much I dropped money to buy both legends after a few hours of gameplay and now I have 16,200 Legend Tokens to do what with? Zip, Nadda, Nothin'.

You can buy weapon skins with Legend Tokens but only after you've purchased the corrosponding skins with Apex Coins (Which require you to drop real money) so basically these skins are locked behind a pay wall. I do hope this isn't the direction this game is heading as it really is great fun to play, would be a shame to see it ruined by greed.

Let us be able to purchase Apex Packs with Legend Tokens, even if it is something stupid like 4-5k per pack (Which will take a while to earn) Let us buy skins with them, let us buy metal with them, let us use them for something at least because once those free Apex Packs for leveling go away there is literally ZERO incentive for progression and if there's zero incentive for progression you might see a huge dip in players thinking "Uhh well what's the point then?"

This is a great suggestion ^^ hell even halo 5 which was cancerous as hell let you earn points to buy the req packs with, let us use legend tokens for the apex packs.
Message 56 of 156 (1,186 Views)

★ Novice

I got that twitch prime deal today, and when i opened those 5 packs i got pink (epic) crafting material and it gave me 200 materials, when i opened it i thought i could finally craft legendary skin for a legend/ character i actually play with, as i have been saving all the materials ive gotten since i started playing wich amounted to almost 800, but it only gave me those 200,even tho i got 400 materials earlier from epic materials, how much is it supposed to give you?

Message 57 of 156 (1,173 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

My buddy on Xbox that we play has been level 100 a few days now and I am about 60 myself that I don't play that much so it isn't that hard really to reach cap level as you think.

Message 58 of 156 (1,159 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am mostly curious how one earns more Legendary Tokens once you've hit 100... do you have to wait for next season for it to get reset to repeat the process again ?

Message 59 of 156 (1,157 Views)

★ Novice

no biggie throwing cash at it but not mega bucks for 1 skin a reg game price to unlock all would be fair or an apex pack every level

Message 60 of 156 (1,156 Views)