Re: Limit on free Apex Packs (forced to pay for loot boxes)

by superdedupe

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Seems like no duplicates is also a lie. Looks like instead of them outright saying that its a duplicate you just get crafting metals instead.
I just got 600 metals from a legendary drop, which is half of what you need for an actual legendary skin. Its disgusting

Message 41 of 156 (1,093 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The game has been out for 2-3 weeks and y'll b*tch*ng about having to pay for cosmetic items? Haha jokers.

However in my opinion they should'nt give away any free lootboxes at all. Getting the game for free is enough. What they should do is add so you can buy the skinn you want so you can skip the RNG. Then again, the game is very new and alots of changes will probably happend. Both making the farming currency valued more and make more skinns you can buy with that same currency.

Message 42 of 156 (1,078 Views)

★★ Guide

@Tensai_Zoo  A sense of progression is a core part of almost all games. In single player you play through the story, in RPGs you level up, get stronger and get better loot, in these kinds of games all sense of progression is getting loot boxes, especially if there's no competitive part to the game and matchmaking is just completely random. 

The gameplay is fun but you generally want to have something worthwhile to work towards from playing, and simply the chance to get the "You are the Champions" screen once in a while isn't that.

Message 43 of 156 (1,074 Views)

★★ Guide

@Maangaazz I disagree for the reasons in my post above and would like to add to that, that a sense of progression is not only nice for players but also a great way to retain a larger player base.

Message 44 of 156 (1,071 Views)

★ Novice

@odieman1231 wrote:

So I think of 2 things when you mention this. 

1) Anytime I am enjoying a game, I will put money into the game. If you make it to level 100, you clearly are enjoying the fruits of the labor to make this FREE game. Why not throw some money at it? 

2) Because it is free for us, doesnt mean it is free for them to make.

I understand some are under mom and dad's wallet but I just can't stand this way of thinking. The season pass comes out in March, who knows what that might bring in the form of Apex packs. I personally enjoy the grind and know as long as the game seems to be supported by the devs and responses made to hacking, etc. I will 100% put money into this game. 

In the grand scheme of it all, this game has been out a microsecond. Would you have rather paid $60 one time for this? Overall, this game has a lot to offer us in such a short amount of time compared to its counterparts. 

Some people like to play videogames and some people like to play slot machines. I put you in the latter. No shade just saying.

I get that people shouldn't work for free but this isn't an indie studio bro. They're on the clock.

Message 45 of 156 (1,062 Views)

★ Guide

@stevencloser wrote:

A sense of progression is a core part of almost all games. In single player you play through the story, in RPGs you level up, get stronger and get better loot, in these kinds of games all sense of progression is getting loot boxes, especially if there's no competitive part to the game and matchmaking is just completely random. 

The gameplay is fun but you generally want to have something worthwhile to work towards from playing, and simply the chance to get the "You are the Champions" screen once in a while isn't that.

I guess i am a very different type of gamer then.. i always enjoyed games for their gameplay. That's might be due to mulitplayer games when i grew up did not have any reward system (counter strike, unreal tournament, CnC, AoE etc.).I can't enjoy games that have medicore gameplay and try to make up for it with a loot system. I hate grinding.

Message 46 of 156 (1,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You would be surprised, I'm already at level 50 within 2 weeks, I can easily make it to 75 before the Battle pass, but what's the point... Level 70 is the cap for apex packs, ive already unlocked both legends for free so now my legend tokens are already adding up and I basically can't use them because I've had the worst luck with my apex packs (1 legendary banner and 4 epics within 35 packs, the rest being common/rare/material) which is not going to incentivize me to buy any more unless its worth it.

Message 47 of 156 (1,059 Views)

★★ Guide

@Tensai_Zoo There's fun in simply getting better at the game too, but that's not enough for everyone to keep playing. "What am I getting better for?" basically.

Message 48 of 156 (1,055 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

what a pathetic thread. This is the most fair f2p I've ever seen. those 45 lootboxes are quite generous imo. If this was a 60$ game I would be on the fence about it, but it's not. The progression is getting better at the game. Getting more W's. That should be your focus. Not silly blingbling.

Message 49 of 156 (1,053 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I would like the opportunity to spend real money on directly skins. Not that all skins are random Standard smile 

Message 50 of 156 (1,044 Views)