Re: Limit on free Apex Packs (forced to pay for loot boxes)

by K1ller7-666

Original Post

★★ Guide
@NewbieDontShoot That's not entitlement, that's being realistic about the prices of the items.
I bought Overwatch when it came out. It was 40 bucks. For those 40 bucks, I've gotten the COMPLETE game as it was back then, every single update since then, and a lootbox every single level (+3 a week from the arcade game modi). I'm level 650 or so, meaning for 40 bucks I've probably gotten 800-900 loot boxes containing dozens of skins for the 28 heroes the game has right now.

If you drop 40 bucks in here what do you get? According to the dude who spent way more than 40 bucks on them, not much.
Message 21 of 156 (2,995 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's always the same with cosmetics based transactions, people want them but they don't want to pay for them, it's a F2P game without a P2W system. That's already a good deal! The skins don't make you a better player, stop peacocking and just take what you can get...

Message 22 of 156 (2,989 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@TR-Graybles wrote:

It's always the same with cosmetics based transactions, people want them but they don't want to pay for them, it's a F2P game without a P2W system. That's already a good deal! The skins don't make you a better player, stop peacocking and just take what you can get...

People want perticular skins. But they can't buy those skins because the cosmetics are locked behind a RNG psuedo gambling system. People have no issues with paying for cosmetics in F2p. They just want to be able to choose what they're buying.

Message 23 of 156 (2,983 Views)

★ Novice

I guess its alright as it is

Message 24 of 156 (2,962 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well, you ruined your own argument yourself ^^

People want skins and they're willing to pay for it, but... for it! Not for a 0.001% chance of getting what they're looking for.

And you can spit all you want on the "non paying" players, but at the very second their number will start to significantly decrease, this game will start dying.

So it's for their best interest to deal asap with the cheater problem AND their greedy bussiness model. Not even sure they'll be able to keep it, lootboxes already were forbiden in the past.

Î'd say, let's wait March, they'll reveal their true face with their season pass.

Message 25 of 156 (2,937 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I absolutely this game but it's sad to know that you nneed to pay for loot boxes and they are limited i wish they let us griding for loot boxes even it's mean you gotta grind hard or you gotta be top 3 to get loot boxes or you can grind for money then buy loot boxes for me i just gonna buy season pass and grind for items
Message 26 of 156 (2,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

After level 60, you'll only get 1 pack per 3 levels. I bet when I get to level 80, it'll be 1 pack per 4 levels.. who came up with this asinine system?

Basically, most unlockables will be locked permanently from all players unless they buy loot boxes. 

Message 27 of 156 (2,891 Views)

★ Apprentice
To be fair. No one is strong arming you. It's a free game. The only thing you pay for (if you choose to) is cosmetics. Developers HAVE TO make money in order to make the games you enjoy. No money=no games, it's that simple. F2P is a gift. it's them saying "We have so much confidence in our product that we are going to let you play it for free to see if you like it. And if you like it, we would appreciate monetary compensation but it's not mandatory"
Message 28 of 156 (2,890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Here is what a majority of the player base is feeling after hitting level 40+ The only progression there is currently is legend tokens.. WHICH at the moment serve no major purpose at this point accept for unlocking new hero's. 

Then what..Just keep killing people ? Pretty much that is all their is too it in this game.. Is too just kill people. Maybe with the battle pass they will have an option to buy it with legend tokens but I Highly DOUBT It. Then what ? As it is with their being no solid progression apex legends will go out the same way as forknite did only at a much faster speed in comparison. 

That is why epic games did their current season pass for free for doing some quests I don't care still to play that game though because its still sucks to even get competitive in it when everyone just has all the best guns you can get in the game without even having to try. 

Message 29 of 156 (2,887 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Oh man.. if I were able to directly buy specific skins, I'd definitely spend some money. I don't feel rewarded buying loot boxes with random stuff in them, especially considering the drop rate of legendaries and crafting materials. I've spent $50 on loot boxes, and I'm level 64. All those level combined with the $50, and I've only got 1,100 crafting materials and exactly none of the skins I wanted.

This is going to drive players away when they realize what they want is so far out of reach. The game isn't amazing, it's okay, and it's still in it's novelty phase. The battle pass hasn't come out yet either, so we'll see how these devs and EA further make us want to permanently uninstall Apex
Message 30 of 156 (2,879 Views)