Re: Limit on free Apex Packs (forced to pay for loot boxes)

by Allen_Booth

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Really, "pathetic levels of gouging"

I gather you are not even old enough to work, because once you are, you might have some consideration for how much time and money is spent building a game like this.

Not to mention you can play the COMPLETE game WITHOUT SPENDING a cent. 

Entitled...

Message 11 of 156 (2,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Older then you, given how quickly you were "offended." I have full time work, I still don't reward laziness.

Let me "buy" the game like Smite where I get all future heroes and I would instantly. I just am not a whale enough to play the loot box game and pretend it's ok like the current generation

Message 12 of 156 (2,986 Views)

★★★★ Guide
You know you're talking about cosmetics right?
Nothing in store is P2W. Besides the two characters, but you get them soon enough with gameplay.
For someone who has been gaming for over 20 years. I still can't understand peoples obsession with cosmetics.
Message 13 of 156 (2,979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I agree with the main point.

To all you critics, 

The point isn't that "we want everything for free", but a fair trade and exchange for spending vast amount of time in their game. Bringing popularity and appreciation for their work. Of course the majority of us are going to purchase and spend money on this game, but we don't want ridiculously high prices and a game that doesn't reward time spent or seniority in the game.

They've just boasted 25 million users.  At this point if they offered a $100 battle pass that included content for the next 12 months they would be set for the next 10 years if only 1 million of those 25 million players made a purchase.   

I'm not sure where these wannabe white knights get this notion people want it for free just because they have a criticism.  Microtransactions have long had their negativity and it's nothing new for people to complain about it. 

Message 14 of 156 (2,949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@AyothaKAT wrote:

Older then you, given how quickly you were "offended." I have full time work, I still don't reword laziness.

Let me "buy" the game like Smite where I get all future heroes and I would instantly. I just am not a whale enough to play the loot box game and pretend it's ok like the current generation

Funny you mention Smite. I played Smite since closed Beta for 3 years and spent over $750 on that game in skins. While Ill admit that amount is insane...I also believed in that product and it provided me with 1000's of hours of entertainment. I also was rewarded from the devs for community contributions (Halloween carvings, etc) so in my mind, it was worth it. 

I've also dropped over $250 on Path of Exile, another great F2P game. 

Message 15 of 156 (2,945 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MorbidRomantic wrote:

I'm making this post because I don't see anyone else talking about it.  If you're like me, you may have noticed a reduction in the Apex Packs you receive after level 20.  This confused me at first, and I decided to look more into it.  So, it turns out that the level cap in Apex Legends is at 100.  And, between levels 1-100, a player will only receive 45 Apex Packs for free.  That's all you'll get.  Yeah, they do have an over-leveling system, but you only get Legend Tokens from it.  And, outside of unlocking characters, Tokens are useless.  You can't buy Packs with them, and the skins in the store require you to first obtain the legendary variants of them.  These legendary skins you can buy with real money (about $20 a piece).  Otherwise, you have to be lucky enough to obtain through Packs.  Or, get enough crafting materials to unlock them yourself, which are also randomly obtained only through Packs.

Honestly, I had been absolutely loving this game up until now.  But, finding out that leveling will only reward me so much makes me think, "What's the point?"  And, I feel any game (F2P or not) shouldn't strong-arm it's players to spend more money.  Especially when you're not guaranteed to get what you want out of the purchase...

What? No one's forcing here to buy you anything. If you don't wanna spend money then don't. You can unlock all legends by playing and having fun with the game.

What you saying is that giving you the game for free is not enough you also want all the cosmetics for free. You do realize that developing games cost a lot of money, right? You're a greedy little *, aren't you?

Message 16 of 156 (2,941 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There's maybe only one or two cosmetics I'd actually want and never use any of the others. The real incentive I get from playing this game is the potential for me to get better at the game. Its just fun to jump in a match and play.

So in a way I feel ya, but its a shooter game with a very high skill ceiling to climb to, not Lifeline Dress Up Simulator 2019. They've promised they'll be generous with the cosmetics so I'm sure your feedback is welcome for sure.

Message 17 of 156 (2,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you Allen_Booth. It's good to see some people understood what I was trying to say with my post.

Message 18 of 156 (2,905 Views)

★★ Apprentice

While I do keep a close eye on F2P models and am weary of abuse, I do agree that for a free game, especially of this quality, popularity, and polish, it’s not unreasonable to spend $10-20 here or there if you really enjoy the game.

Its easy to argue that many $60 games give you way more enjoyment than what’s reasonable for that price point. Help support a good F2P game with a reasonable approach to MTX by supporting it a bit and pimping out your favorite Legend or weapon a bit.

Message 19 of 156 (2,896 Views)

Anonymous
I did post about Apex Box . I bought over 300 apex box nothing happend garbage items . Just want that secret knife . Even customer services said ‘However, the heirloom sets have less than a one percent chance of appearing, making them extremely hard to find. In fact, an heirloom like the Wraith’s Knife is only guaranteed to be dropped in every 500 packs opened, although you might unlock an heirloom in the first Apex Pack you open. ‘ Never buy Apex box . There is a tricky way you cheating out of people’s money . Im still trying to take this topic bigger stages .
Message 20 of 156 (2,830 Views)