Lifeline is ruining the game

by Faryan735

Original Post

Lifeline is ruining the game

★★★★★ Apprentice

Isnt anybody going to say something about lifeline?

getting a knock doesnt mean anything against a team with lifeline

Message 1 of 43 (1,590 Views)

Re: Lifeline is ruining the game

★★ Guide
@Faryan735 Not sure I agree with you.
She's not that great and her revives aren't guaranteed.
Usually if I know Lifeline is reviving I'll just go finish off the player being revived or at least make sure they get knocked again as soon as they're back up.
Message 2 of 43 (1,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

This is a big problem and i already make thousand of post about it.

They need to remove the auto-revive mechanic straight away.

My post from other thread:

Its completely change and unbalance the game for sure. Its also require zero skill and brain to use. This is the worst change they make to the game and totally make me hate the game, this change and Lifeline because of that.

The whole rework thing of Lifeline was a dumb idea, she was heavily picked, mostly in ranked and was the 3rd most picked legend ING.

Why in the blue hell you will rework a legend like that?

And as i said before a good legend is a legend that have a good self abilities, and a good team ability, aka Wraith phase and portal, Pathfinder grapple and zipline, and even Lifeline before with her fast heal, faster revive with shield up and her other team helping ability and so on.

Yet they make her straight team legend, with zero useful ability for her.

Auto-revive in a such game should not exist. In FPS games and BR games, its all about Kills and WINS. What they are doing is taking the kill of the rightful player with that broken ability.

For example i knock a person, he auto-rev him, and you already taken the kill out of me, its a 33% situation between me and my allies who will take him down again, if can do this.

This is straight taking the kill out of the rightful player. Its already dumb enough when you do 199 damage, and some of your teammate do 1 damage and steal your kill, but this dumb thing is even worst.

It makes third party even worst. Everyone knows you need to finish the fight fast, or you will get third party. This ability stretch the fight by a lot, and making you take more risk, even if you take a rightful advantage when you down an enemy. Right now you have to choice to push when you are probably low(because you exchange in a fight and you down one, but you was getting damage as well, and you probably need to heal), now this ability makes you rush and put you on danger. Otherwise you are losing your advantage and its like doing nothing.

It makes you even more prone to third party, if you decide to push, there is a big change some of your teammates go down, because you rush it.

This is lazy ability that someone of the Devs though that it will be cool, but he wasn`t thinking at all what he is doing and how much he will mess up the game.

Let me just fast describe the * to the game:

- It totally destroys 1v3, 1v2 and 2v3 situation, unless you down the Lifeline first. Again in this situation you need to move a lot, separate the enemy, down one, move on safe pop battery fast, and repeat for more. With Lifeline on the enemy team you can`t pull that fight, even if you are more skilled than them, which is a huge problem, because you lower the skill ceiling that way.

- Taking the kills out of the game, as i already described in my post.

- It was lazy build and require zero skill and brain to use it, which again lower the skill ceiling.

- its actually make the third party even more of a problem

- its actually punish the better player/s in the current situation. You down an enemy, which mean you got to have advantage and you got time to pop a cell/battery, because you already fought and taken down an enemy and you have your time to take the advantage you earn. This ability takes your rightfully earned advantage, which is a complete nonseses.

- there is probably more * to the game, but i can`t think of them right now.

There was a statistics about how OP this ability is.

When you down someone, its like a 33% damage lost to the team that get a downed teammate. If someone go to revive, its another 33%, which is a total 66% damage lost(a bit more in %).

With this auto-revive OP/Broken ability, you lost only the damage from the downed player, and you have 2 teammates and a wall(revive shield) to protect him, and you can even push enemy team until your buddy is back on safe.

Again grenade is not that easy to land above or below the shield, also this makes you wear a greande in every fight, which is impossible , and you are prone to damage by aiming the grenade, and a lot of times you use your grenade to engage the fight, not to finish it.

And to finish my post, there is 2 mechanics that you should not mess and nothing should interact with them, and this is revive and death. If you mess up with this stuff, you are punishing the better player in the current situation, which is the worst thing you can do.

At the end of the day i`m not playing to fight zombies that keep coming and get third party to death, because of stupidly make abilities, but to DO kills and get Wins.

The only thing Lifeline was needed, was the changes to her tactical and her ultimate. Her passive was the last thing to be touched, and to make it that unfair.

Now the guy that create that lazy auto-revive thing, need to rework her revive asap. The best was is to to just her old passive back.

And i would even say REMOVE the fast revive from the game, this refer to Giby as well.

Message 3 of 43 (1,518 Views)

★★ Guide

@LordloshBang  Hi, yes, hello. It isn’t overpowered. All you have to do is just run through the shield and kill them. You’re just complaining that you can’t get your easy kills as usual. It’s good in the middle of a fight, if your TM gets downed, but it’s really easy to kill the revived person. Stop whining and walk through the shield.o

Message 4 of 43 (1,449 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@LordloshBang I agree with that
Message 5 of 43 (1,395 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ThatCryptoUser Seems like you're a lifeline main and you never play ranked
If you get a knock in a fight more than 20 meters range (which is a really small range in this game) and you wanna go around the shield and kill the person you knocked you are 100% dead so i dont agree with you
Message 6 of 43 (1,393 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Faryan735  Lifeline is always priority knock. Many teams crumble without her.

I have no problem with the mechanic itself per say...its the unlimited functionality of it that tilts things a bit.

I'll always run a shotgun with lifeline, use my downed teammates as a shield to heal and if the enemies rush they're eating shotgun rounds point blank...

To me I think 2 uses with a cooldown would be much more balanced overall.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 43 (1,357 Views)

★★ Guide

@Faryan735 I'm a Crypto main. I've played him from the very start. I'm also attempting to reach diamond right now. I'm in Gold. So, A. You're wrong, and B. You're wrong. It's super easy to just shoot the person. 

Message 8 of 43 (1,342 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ThatCryptoUser Your right it is easy to kill them, and fun!
But lifeline auto revive needs a slight cooldown.
But I would rather she have than not.
So there
Tongue out
Message 9 of 43 (1,288 Views)

★★ Guide
@LordloshBang So the """"""""""better player"""""""""" can't handle a revive? You could pop battery before after downing one?
Not sure where you're trying to go with this. It's clear you don't like it from a subjective standpoint and you're completely entitled to feel that way.... however, the so called "better" player should have no issue knocking someone again if they're already weak from being knocked once. Alternatively, just finishing them off is also a pretty valid way of eliminating them from the fight.
About this popping a battery stuff; was lifeline not able to revive a few seasons ago and nobody told me about it and all the lifelines I played with/as were cheating by reviving people? You pop a battery and you're already temporarily out of the fight and giving lifeline a chance to revive whether she's doing it or her drone is.
Message 10 of 43 (1,267 Views)