Re: Lifeline Rework: Too strong or not enough?

by asukojo

Original Post

Lifeline Rework: Too strong or not enough?

★★ Expert

I’m seeing a lot of “Lifeline autorevive is op, pls nerf” while also seeing a lot of “removing fast heal destroyed Lifeline, please revert”. 
Thoughts? 
Personally, I think Lifeline is fine now. The autorevive is great, but I don’t think it’s op.

The tactical is mediocre. The healing is okay. It isn’t really good, but it’s alright.

The ult is only good if you need equipment, which is extremely situational. It can also help stocking up on health items, which is also only good if you need the health items. Again, pretty situational, but when it is useful it’s pretty okay. 

Message 1 of 10 (736 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Sir_NamedI don't know if it's OP. It's made her a competitive legend and in the right circumstances it can be OP. It's really only OP if the LL has a gold backpack. You let your team push slightly ahead of you if they go down you pop one up while fighting the enemy that remains.

It can be OP if you have a caustic or Wattson on your team as well. Teammates get downed in a building you have camped. You can revive them with ease while guarding the door. BUt this situation is only OP if you have a wattson or caustic who know how to guard a building with their tactical. 

That said, most situations it's not OP. If your squad mates are down reviving them is only part of the equation, they have to heal. They are basically one shot once they revivied. In my mind OP is having a legend that was like Gibi when it took something like 305-315 damage to drop him. You could not rush him 1vs1, it took 2 people to drop a gibi. Life Lines abilities don't provide that big of an advantage in most situations. But they can be strong in the right circumstances. Most legends have situations in which their abilities are really going to shine and win the fight. That's what I see in LL.

Do I miss the fast heal? yes to some degree, but I prefer the current LL set up over the old. The current set up has made her a team legend. The old set up was not so much a team legend.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 10 (718 Views)

Champion

I did think it was a little OP initially,and I did create a topic airing my opinions on the matter.

There are counters to it though, especially indoors, you can literally just rebound a frag off of the ceiling or a wall to drop it behind her shield and you'll either kill the player outright or instantly knock them the moment they get up...assuming you ain't too late.

Outdoors it's just a matter of upping the pressure on that team and not allowing the revived player to scarper.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 10 (698 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Sir_Named I don't think it's op; if it reaches that stage they can tweak it pretty easily.

As far as the tactical goes, I do think her tactical is often ignored because the healing is pretty slow. It could use a bump of 25% faster, just a bit faster could make a big difference.

The reason is usually the use of the tactical and the distance between players. I try to use it on an injured player, but it's not always great in a fast-paced fight where everyone is moving all over the place. It's nice in a recovery stage or in a transition when gearing up to save time. Maybe if d.o.c. followed injured agents a little, the tactical would be more reliable in combat.

Besides that, it's still useful but ... probably closer to the least useful tactical right now. But I see the concern the devs might have, because if it heals too fast, people can just camp high-ground and heal forever.
Message 4 of 10 (679 Views)

★★ Guide
@Sir_Named It needs a cool down its a good feature but her being able to spam it is stupid.
Message 5 of 10 (584 Views)

★★ Expert
@ILikeGlueHmm But again, you can just shoot the person right after they get revived. Or throw a grenade.

It is annoying if she does spam it, but if you keep knocking the teammates over and over again, eventually you’ll probably find an opening to kill her. Plus, this way, you can farm damage.
Message 6 of 10 (569 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Her revive pressure enemy to push, we can use it as a bait/distraction since enemy will rush it trying to stop it.

I think she is balance now.

Message 7 of 10 (526 Views)

Champion
@ILikeGlueHmm It doesnt need a cooldown. The only way you can use it is if your teammate is knocked, meaning you are at a disadvantage when it is used.

If you let a lifeline revive her teammates multiple times that is on you.

It is a handy team based ability and because it is team based it fits this game better than the fast heal.
Message 8 of 10 (513 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@hayhor agree , it even fits her class (field medic) so making a cool down or a Nerf is not right otherwise seriously just remove her from the game and end her suffering .
she is the only one who was getting nefred over and over since launch
its enough that they removed the fast healing ability which was the only thing that giving some kind of defense ability
Message 9 of 10 (454 Views)

@Sir_Named Honestly it's shines the most when your squad mate is down, your damaged and need to heal. You can revive with the drone pop a shield battery and throw down your health drone.

LL has been the ultimate counter to third partying in some senses. She offers the fastest revive/heal system for a team. Which gets your team ready for the next fight which is more than likely coming. That has been its biggest overall impact for my squads so far.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 10 (429 Views)