Re: Lifeline Mains: What are your thoughts about playing Lifeline for a long tim

by TXC_Rafael

Original Post

Lifeline Mains: What are your thoughts about playing Lifeline for a long time.

★★★ Apprentice

I tend to aim for support characters in any kind of game, lifeline sticks out particularly for me.
But it seems recently the topic of lifeline is popping up much more often than usual.
As a novice lifeline player, I think I can see one aspect of the discussions.

She's like... the only direct support character in-game (relies on allies heavily). So it kinda funnels all support players into 1 character and with the new characters, I think they're we're starting to feel left out. Did I hit the nail on the head? 

Message 1 of 14 (899 Views)

Re: Lifeline Mains: What are your thoughts about playing Lifeline for a long tim

★ Guide
@CriticalWeasel Watching streamers and friends of mine that main Lifeline, she isn't much of a support anymore. Everyone I see just plays super aggressive with her abusing her passive but not using the ultimate at all since it just slows you down if you try to go for high kill games. I personally don't think she's an easy character, definitely relies on good movement.

If you're new to the game and aim for a support pick, I recommend trying Gibraltar, he's still very good even after recent nerfs.
Message 2 of 14 (842 Views)

@CriticalWeasel On the new map I love doing back to back to back care package drops with the charge stations (the ares where there are three of them fairly close to each other) Or just back to back if I have ult ready and we are by a charge station.

And since I like fighting over looting (win or lose) this helps by letting over squads know right where we are at. It almost always results in a huge battle as multiple squads come running frothing at the mouth.

As far as abusing her passive... I don't believe there is such a thing. You could say that Pathfinder's abused their tactical pre-nerf too to dip in and out. But both situations you are just using what the character has to try to win.

Still love Lifeline.
Message 3 of 14 (827 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They buffed giby to the point where he's the better lifeline. Personally I think that's BS since lifeline is the support character. If I had to buff lifeline I'd make it so when she revives teammates she gives them full health. Make her healing drone heal faster and care package only gives epic to gold loot.

Message 4 of 14 (803 Views)

★ Guide
@Pure_Funk_Nugget Idk in what kind of lobbies SBMM puts you if you don't know what I mean by abusing her passive, it's like the only thing that makes Lifeline still playable. a good lifeline permanently taking advantage of her fast heal scares me more than any sweaty wraith or path. by the time you can use one single shield cell, she already used 3/4 of a battery.
Message 5 of 14 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TXC_RafaelI mean that's her staple, and now that Gibby and Mirage can both res as well as Lifeline the turtle and her fast heal is all she's got.

That is the one advantage she still has over all others, but like you said movement is key too. LL can't use that battery if I didn't evade well enough to pop it.

A good Wraith is just as scary I think. But you know what else is scary?.. Not having Lifeline by your side'=p (Had to use her Halloween line)

Message 6 of 14 (745 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I mean its probably down to preference to be honest but if we're talking wraith or lifeline, i'll always pick lifeline.

D.O.C gives me more backpack space for shields,i literally just carry 2 medkits and loot one as i use one, drone does the rest.

Quick heals is always a win. Quick revives are still decent,yes gibby can do the same thing but at the cost of a tactical, which is important especially since gibby dome got nerfed to a 12 second duration.

I still maintain that the ULT has no real place in apex legends as it stands now, purple bodyshields etc are relatively easy to find,as are heals.

I literally only use my lifeline package for killing a gold knockdowned enemy at the end of a match for the win.  Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 14 (723 Views)

★★★ Expert

Technically i'd say yes, Lifeline is the only legend that plays much like the traditional in-combat support roles from other games like Overwatch and MOBA's.

But Gibraltar and Wattson feel a lot like support characters as well, Caustic feels more balanced between defense and offense since his skills have a dual usage most of your encounters.

Message 8 of 14 (718 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@BillyBlazes44 LOL So you want an op broken character?
Stats say she is balanced, she is just not unique and boring to play (like she always was)
Message 9 of 14 (708 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@budzai well Gibby is considered OP right now and it's like I said Gibby has become the better lifeline when lifeline is suppose to be the support character. So they either nerf Gibby or buff lifeline
Message 10 of 14 (658 Views)