Re: Leviathans

by Daze623

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag I expect that but if they're doing a KC v4 then we might be waiting awhile for a new map. Frown
Message 11 of 22 (401 Views)

Champion

@apostolateofDOOM  I would imagine the moment self isolation kicked in any major development projects, in this case a new map would've been stacked on the backburner so i'm inclined to agree with you. Perhaps we'll see a reiteration of WE next season? 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 22 (380 Views)

★ Expert

NGL I didn't even notice that the Leviathans moved until I saw this post

Message 13 of 22 (371 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM We had a new map in s3(been a while), so we will likely get a new map in s6. Teasers point to the planet Psamathe, the homeworld of Octane and Lifeline.

Message 14 of 22 (341 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@BaldWraithSimpI really hope so or maybe it's delayed as @MandatoryIDtag said due to current circumstances and we get WE but how does that fit the story with the different worlds they're travelling between to host the games if we go back to previous altered maps?

Message 15 of 22 (328 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM The previous world had some problem so they moved to a new world and now the previous world is fixed so we moved back to KC. But I doubt 'Map rotation' is canon.
Message 16 of 22 (309 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp You're most likely right and I probably over thought it.

Would be great if they could incorporate it in some way and give the sense of one complete adventure though.
Message 17 of 22 (304 Views)

Champion

@apostolateofDOOM  If you wanna add some logic to it to make it canon, then look at it simply lol. Apex is a bloodsport, if you treat the games as tournaments so to speak then rotation is perfectly logical. In modern sports the sport itself is rarely just played it one venue and thats it.

To compare it to another bloodsport let's just look at the gladiators of rome, hundreds of Ludi *public games* took place across the empire and successful gladiators would perform at various ones. 

Again like dreamstare said it isn't canon but looking at it from this perspective does help to give it a more natural feel lol. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 22 (258 Views)

★★ Expert

There’s definitely some canon part to map rotation, as they had to switch to WE because KC had too much fauna.

But aside from that, who knows? They returned to KC for some reason, which is why all the legends were there when Loba blew up Skulltown.

And did the excavation of Singh Labs happen before or after Skulltown’s demise?

Message 19 of 22 (224 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Sir_Named I meant map rotation as in the hourly rotation of maps.
Message 20 of 22 (199 Views)