Re: Lets fix reinforcement costs

by this_old_mouse

Original Post

Lets fix reinforcement costs

★ Guide

Hello all, to my understanding dice can change the cost of reinforcements without making a patch since it is server related. This is good news for us (who actually play the game) as we have a chance to make the cost of reinforcements based on how good they are so gameplay makes sense. I'd like to start off by saying these costs typically consists of 2000, 1500, and 1000 as those are the main prices for enforcer, jump trooper, and infiltrator. Each faction would still consist of those 3 costs. First things first, the ariel class should NOT be 1000 battle points. This is especially true on the rebel side because they are clearly much better than the ewok in most situations. The first order on the other hand is completely different as the sith trooper is currently the all around BEST reinforcement in the game and should certainly cost the most out of the other options from the first order. Essentially, I think we should put a vote to each factions cost for their reinforcements between 2000, 1500, and 1000 battle points. So for example lets do the empire

Death Trooper: 2000

Jump Trooper: 1500

ISB: 1000

Lets brainstorm a good list and please dont base it off of which one takes less skill to use. Base it off of how effective they are on the battlefront. Thanks!

Message 1 of 17 (1,110 Views)

★★ Pro
@C-townladiesman
First order
Sith trooper: 2000
Aerial: 1500
Flame trooper: 1000

Republic
Clone commando: 2000
Arc: 1500
Aerial: 1000

Sepratists
Commando droid: 2000
Aerial: 1500
Super battle droid: 1000 (idk I never play this)
Message 2 of 17 (1,067 Views)

★ Guide

@HCarbonic the super battle droid is actually one of my favorite reinforcements. I think it should be 1500 also and the droideka can be 1000

Message 3 of 17 (1,065 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think all of the classes should be 1500, with the price tripled in Strike, Extraction, and Blast. Most reinforcements are worth at least 1500 imo, and tripling the price in the small modes should decrease reinforcement spam. And if they won't balance certain reinforcements outside of cost, I think FO aerial (blatantly overpower) should be at least 2500, and Ewok (trash) should be around 1000. This isn't perfect, but better than nothing. 

Message 4 of 17 (1,018 Views)

★★ Pro
@C-townladiesman Ok, but droideka is OP when it has its shield up, it’s like doubling its health
Message 5 of 17 (987 Views)

★★ Pro
@C-townladiesman

Resistance
Ovissian: 2000
Caphex: 1500
Aerial: 1000

Rebels
Wookiee: 2000 (It ain’t good, it’s just better)
Ewok: 1500 (should be lower though, this is only because of wisties and aimbot)
Aerial: 1000 (it is the best normal aerial though, great gun)
Message 6 of 17 (986 Views)

★★ Pro
@HCarbonic Actually switch aerial and Ewok
Message 7 of 17 (985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@HCarbonic theres an easy way to deal with them. Ion shot or sentry. Droideka's are pretty slow going from ball mode to sentry mode as well. I love how they are in the game but compared to the other reinforcements from the CIS, they are definitely worth only 1000 battle points. Also like I said, I think all ariels should be at least 1500 battle points (depending on the faction) because they can have 3 dashes now which makes them extremely difficult to hit. The first order one should definitely be more than 1500 of course. 

Message 8 of 17 (964 Views)

@C-townladiesman Great idea, here’s mine:

First order:
Jet trooper-2000
sith trooper-2000
Flametrooper-1000

Resistance:
Gunner-1500
Spy-1500
Rocket jumper-1500

Republic:
They should all be kept the same

CIS:
Keep the same

Rebels:
Ewok-1000
Rocket trooper-1000
Wookie-1000

Empire:
Rocket trooper-1000
ISB-1500
Death trooper-2000
Message 9 of 17 (868 Views)

★★ Pro
@LemonConsumption They’re good guidelines, but the overall cost of reinforcements per faction can’t be unequal, as it would just show one side is better than the other. It’s easier to remember and regulate with just 3 types of costs rather than some repeating
Message 10 of 17 (825 Views)