Let us see who is playing what mode

by MCFBlackfang

Original Post

Let us see who is playing what mode

★★★ Pro

A feature in the multiplayer menu that allows us to see how many people are playing specific modes would reeally help speed up matchmaking. If everyone knew what game mode is being played we would all find games much faster. It would save us from unknowingly queuing up for dead game modes. I've had so many times where I'll cue up for an arena battle match and the game throws me inito a completely empty lobby. If I had known no one was playing it, I wouldn't have bothered queuing up for it Standard smile . It wastes time. An example of what I mean is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. They let you know exactly how many people were playing each game mode. *I found this on google images btwBlack ops 2 Screenshot

Message 1 of 9 (613 Views)

Re: Let us see who is playing what mode

★★★★★ Novice

Theres matchmaking in this game?  O.o

I thought they take all of the levelled players and put them against all noobs?.?.

Message 2 of 9 (579 Views)

★★★ Pro
@0LetsGoChamp0 I think they do do that. Just to make lobbies fill up faster. Still. Knowing what game mode I should be playing would speed things uppp
Message 3 of 9 (559 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I play TT exclusively.  I haven't even clicked the other modes once.

Message 4 of 9 (548 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
You can pretty much guarantee the majority of players will be in TT or the weekly event (unless it's a nightmare one like the Oak vs Space Station one).
After those 2, I personally like Ops, which is usually full. TV & Battle Arena are supposed to be popular, but can't vouch for those as they're not my thing at all. Mixed Mode which I used to enjoy occasionally in GW2, I think is suffering from having lost TT & TV from it's game mode rotation, but all this may vary according to region, platform & time of day.
It would be useful to know if there were lobbies of the smaller game modes in particular - & maybe showing the region where there are lobbies, rather than just if there are games in progress on your own server.
Message 5 of 9 (533 Views)

★ Expert

This would be great coupled with bots to help games start instead of waiting for 4 people.

Message 6 of 9 (525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Gormey Seriously you wonder why they haven't implemented something like this sooner, it works wonders for old games like TF2. Especially since we don't even have a solo play feature.

Message 7 of 9 (506 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't see any problem implementing this in BfN, but these a little problem that was also in BO2. Even if game shows like there are 1000 players playin letssay Deathmatch, that doesn't mean you can join them, cause they can be in Murica or Australia(Or opposite) so even if you manage to join ping will be horrible!

Message 8 of 9 (450 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@delete180 You can change the server you're on in the multiplayer portal - the ping isn't always an indication of how bad the lag is though. I'm in Europe & have managed to play games in the US & South America without any major problems, despite it saying the ping is horribly high. It's sometimes worth a try 🤷‍♀️
Message 9 of 9 (447 Views)