Re: Let the people that play your game help it thrive.. :/

by CAGOA33

Original Post

★★ Pro

Please tell me other than the "adding Solos would take care of toxic behavior" comment, what suggestions are there...? Because I read it thoroughly and "= ruined game" is not a suggestion despite what you may agree with in the post.

And how did my comment trigger you for some reason? The three suggestions in @RevenanT-G7 's comment won't hurt anyone's experience in the slightest. I think someone's upset they can't drop solo.

Message 11 of 29 (334 Views)

★ Guide
@jonesy0218 Not to offend Jonesy but the way you come across here it's highly unlikely you speak to anyone outside of the internet.

As someone who plays with randoms and tries to make teammates the times solo was about rocked, most guys were speaking and just loving the fact we didn't have to deal with players who didn't want to be there, the solo guys also loved it.

Universal ;-)
Message 12 of 29 (322 Views)

★★★ Guide

Agree with OP completely.

This would be top game, hands down, if only they would have went with normal way of just adding more options over time, instead of this weird rotating content approach. 

Gameplay is good, charters are good, weapons and balance are pretty decent, movement is great, maps are pretty decent. Everything about this game is high end and feels pretty good, EXCEPT rotating content.

I don't know who made that decision, if it's one person who is pushing it, or some marketing team, it whoever, but they * up. They are holding this game from full potential, and it's painful to watch. I don't know how they are still think it's a good idea after all the requests they see everywhere to add more permanent modes, and original map. It's just sad.

Message 13 of 29 (311 Views)

★★ Guide

1) You have the option to squad up. No friends? Start with randoms. Find a good player and invite them to join you. If you're not toxic they might just join up. Keep going until you find another one and invite them. The game gets exponentially better when your team gets better. Too toxic to find anyone to play with you? Drop solo and be the god you always dreamed you were. 

2)This does happen, but a lot of people will only insta leave if someone on their team is making them feel unwelcome/unwanted. Maybe try to be a team player and help them not insta die.

3)They are working on balancing. Have you ever tried balancing something? You usually go too far one way, then too far the other way until you slowly hone in on balance.

4)Their player base is probably made up of mostly average to low end players, so they cater to the majority. Capitalism, amirite?

5) The game was made to be a team based BR since there are so many solo BRs already out there. Their team play dynamics are amazing. Why not go play one of those other solo BRs?

6) You're probably talking about dropping armor. That was an oversight on their part that they fixed. Completely nullifying an ultimate isn't good for any game.

7) Toxic people should just go play a different BR that has solos already. Problem solved.

Message 14 of 29 (284 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Don't get me wrong i don't mind this idea but the issue we're currently having with apex legends is the lack of player base it's self, i feel like dividing the player base based on a point based system will only lead to a higher Queue time and won't stop your more than occasional toxic player from solo dropping, the idea it'self is understandable but my in my opinion is a correct fix at the moment due to this games stage. 

Increasing the Abandonment penalty is just another way of punishing the people that play this game, if you were to increase the penalty while bringing out solo's i would completely agree, but i think it's completely unfair to punish those that just want to play solo's and enjoy the game! by not bringing back solo's and just making the penalty's stricter? It's not a situation were both parties get a win which is the big issue with this game!! 

More points for team play is good, but again the issue we're having is players that are good getting teamed with sub pair trash, i rather overall damage or KD to determine what skill i should be vsing, as for rank is a joke it's just who can camp the longest (Which isn't fun at all) 

Weapon buffs and nerfs are always going to happen without a doubt my issue is the buffs and nerfs themselves, if the community doesn't like it they should fix it, and not cater for those with no skill it impacts the overall gameplay 

Message 15 of 29 (282 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just replayed to @RevenanT-G7 and hope you can see my side of things, sorry i was a little more Direct in my Original statement was really just not in the mood to type for ever!! 

Message 16 of 29 (280 Views)

★★ Pro

But one of the main arguments is people aren't enjoying it which is why they are playing solo... If people had other people of similar skill to play with, it would make playing Squads a little less "stressful." If you have a similar KD, season wins, average damage, etc. and STILL leave, that's on you... You can't blame other people if you're matched based on what you do in game. I think fixing the matchmaking would be a huge step in the right direction without bending their vision for a team based game.

Message 17 of 29 (279 Views)

★★ Apprentice

1) I have always gone out of my way to try and fine the best players to play with but i'm just unlucky that alot of the time when i'm on they're already in premades or either not online!, don't get me wrong i love squads it's fine it's defiantly strays from your solo and if you make play's it's quite an amazing, but sometimes solo's would just be a good option to relief stress and still enjoy their game, who does it hurt exactly?  

2) We're regarding the people that drop solo that have no intention of team play that die! yesterday i 3v'1 respawned both my team maters (One i was in discord with) our random spawned in disregarded all the dead bodies to loot pre looted buildings that left when we were full stack and he had so much gear at his finger tips, he was level 42. 

^ I consider that being a team player i even re-spawned them before looting to literally better their experience and make it fair. i think it's a little far fetched to question my play style and tell me to be "A team player and help them not insta die" when i do my best to carry every game and help? 

3) i understand they're working on balancing the weapons that's why the community voiced they hated the updates and still nothing has been done about it? things shouldn't be taking so long but they are.... 

4) I won't lie you got me there, but i feel like even though they're catering to the majority they should still in some aspect cater to skilled players and stop nerfing every viable skill that makes you better than the "Average low tear players" i think it will shift for better gameplay than being one sided (Hope you can agree) i just want to find that mid grown were both parties get a win and a happy! 

5) Not going to lie i find that response rather idiotic and is just you disagreeing for the soul purpose of trying to be right? (<< you won't be able to change my mind on that) This game is amazing, i shouldn't be forced to play a sub tier game because the devs don't want to listen to the community for-granted they don't have to add solo's but it's a nice option that a quite few people in their game want! just make the game better stop restricting game play potential and work with the community is all i ask, don't punish me and say "Well if you don't like it go play another solo game" it just isn't healthy... 

6) I've only been playing for really two weeks of season 3 again and just heard of a bunch of nerfs/ buffs which is why i brought it up, if they fixed it i'm happy no harm done! 

7) People are toxic people that the game has done nothing to improve the game-play for those that are good, we've been mistreated on many occasions and just want the devs to help us help them, pushing a large variety of players off the platform just because they asked for solo's which doesn't harm anyone what so ever is an stupid way of handling the situation again why not just aim for a mid ground where both parties are happy and get a win?  

The issue i have with you is i'm willing to have compromise and find that mid ground and you're not given your 5th and 6th repose you just want to be right and have the screw everyone else mentality, it's not healthy for the community at all so i most likely won't respond for future reference i deem it a waste of time, no hard feelings though you do you! 

Message 18 of 29 (265 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@TTV-HyperSachi ^^ Was meant for @AdotLone
Message 19 of 29 (261 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@jonesy0218 I think you miss read what i said or i made a mistake somewhere along the lines.

1) If you have a similar KD, season wins, average damage, etc. and STILL leave, that's on you. << i agree??

2) "you can't blame other people if you're matched based on what you do in game." << I agree??

3)" I think fixing the matchmaking would be a huge step in the right direction without bending their vision for a team based game."

3)Like i state i'm all for a change within the match making system but given the current state of the game it will just lead to high Queue times because you're dividing the player base on a point system, really any point of dividing the player base at this stage just isn't healthy for the game.

Bring solo's out let people that want to solo's do it < it doesn't hurt anyone and is just the devs being stubborn.... I rather play 1-3 games of solo after hammering squads for an Hour than wait weeks upon weeks for them to finalise a better match making system? If that's fair

Message 20 of 29 (257 Views)