Let's complain again - THE HAVOC

by MrCarri-X

Original Post

Re: Let's complain again - THE HAVOC

★★ Guide
@MrCarri-X Start nerfing every gun on this game the TTK is gonna be higher thus making the game boring.

Havoc has a long wind up anddd you can hear it , i dont see how you can not say to yourself “ hmmmm ok i’ll peak at the person charging it up making them waste bullets” nopeee im gonna just runn straight towards him get put on my azz and complain.

Do devs do changes towards things based upon casual people complaints or Try hards verdict?

If someone like Aceu or Nicewigg is stating how broken something is then you should go off their intuition not some guy whos kd is probably 1.8

Havoc does need tweaking but i wouldn’t flat out just nerf it rendering it useless.
Message 11 of 22 (377 Views)

★ Expert

@EA_David  Just reduce mag size from 32 to 26-27, this way to take down someone you have to hit every shot instead of just spraying bullets around. 

Message 12 of 22 (349 Views)

★★ Guide

The gun is not broken, it does not need a nerf. What needs a nerf are the cheaters abusing anti-recoil mods on the Havoc. 

It is a good gun, hard to master, and should rightfully reward those who can. However in the current climate, every online match on console (don't know about PC) is rammed to the brim with cheaters exploiting anti-recoil mods on a strike pack, Cronus, or XIM, because they're useless at the game without an unfair upper hand, and there are currently no repercussions to using them.

Every gun is broken in the hands of cheaters, and cheaters are everywhere. So when you get shredded by a Havoc across the map, I recommend you spectate your killer and note how his Havoc bullets fire with 100% physically (and scientifically impossible without mods) laserbeam accuracy.

That, my friend, is what needs addressing.

Message 13 of 22 (320 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

A few season back i was a fan of it briefly.

Then i lost interest.

Currently I'm not a fan of it, but I've started using it because it milks your life. It gets Ws. *gallic shrug*

I'm using it a lot in hipfire too.

Message 14 of 22 (309 Views)

★★★ Pro
@MrCarri-X You're not allowed to complain about the havoc, if you use any other automatic weapon in the game.
Message 15 of 22 (274 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Cro_Pittt wrote:

@EA_David  Just reduce mag size from 32 to 26-27, this way to take down someone you have to hit every shot instead of just spraying bullets around. 

Let's just do that with every gun at that point. If you miss a single shot you have to reload and finish with your second mag.

Message 16 of 22 (271 Views)

★ Expert

@DankToliet  I don't remember any other gun that has 18 body damage and a 32 mag, 36 head damage. The Season 5 "nerf" was close to doing nothing, it's still very easy to control the recoil so nailing headshot isn't really a big problem. The only other automatic AR that has a higher damage is the Flatline(19 body damage), but it has a smaller mag size, at best 30 when you have a purple mag and its recoil is much harder to control, To me having 32 shots that can be controlled easily is a bit op, but hey, that's my opinion.

Message 17 of 22 (259 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Cro_Pittt The havoc has three notable points to discuss.

-High damage

-High ammo capacity

-Slight delay before firing.

Unless you're proposing a nerf to its recoil there's no point bringing up how easy it is to control. Every full auto gun is relatively easy to control except maybe the RE-45 or Prowler (I don't use either gun.)

From my perspective the Flatline is much easier to control.

Message 18 of 22 (210 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@heme725 I have the same with the flatline, but it may either be because we already know the pattern of that weapon, we used it before the updates or because of it’s lower bullet dispersal rate...

It’s funny how when one gun gets so much attention, another goes out of the limelight... I still know how ppl complained about the prowler being OP despite it needing the hopup to be that way... :P
Message 19 of 22 (178 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@heme725 I find havoc quite easy to control vs the flatline. Like Bangalore says 'Hits hard but kicks like a mule'.
Message 20 of 22 (161 Views)