Re: Let's bash the new guy!

by GH0STEDbyME

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MandatoryIDtagI'm with you with this. Whenever we jump on trios we get a complete noob that can't even pick up basic items despite having stuff pointed out to them. They end up playing aggressive, can't 1v1 whether it's due to aiming and/or movement, get downed and fury ping. Just brrruuuhhhh.

@E9ine_AC Depends if smurfs make up their numbers I guess. Surely you wouldn't see much of a difference in terms of player retention

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 39 (296 Views)

Hero
@GH0STEDbyME Be kind to your randoms we all was once new. =P

Message 12 of 39 (293 Views)

Champion
@E9ine_AC There's levels tho and I don't have the patience to play with noobs that are that bad. It's different if you can see they actually try...

Message 13 of 39 (290 Views)

Hero
@GH0STEDbyME I just think back when i started. I was a bot i was scared to do anything i never listened to my tream cause i thought i knew better. It happens it takes some time to learn for some people. It is why I have never harrassed a team mate. No matter their levels cause people can make it to 100 and still not know the basics of the game yet.

Message 14 of 39 (286 Views)

[ Edited ]

I consider myself a less than average player and have a number of difficulties that I've mentioned before, like very poor Internet, being partially deaf and the lighting reactions of a 54 yo lol.

While, due to playing a lot, I'm way past level 500 I was put in a game last night with a level 3 and a level 8. Not sure who that is suppose to protect under sbmm. The level 8 tried and gave z good account, but once downed disconnected and the level 3 quivered in the middle of the map after chasing a drop ship solo at the start, until I was downed and dead and then came toward my deathbox to be lazered.

Seem to get a lot of low level teammates particularly late at night. But some (not a lot) of the matches can be good. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 15 of 39 (277 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@GH0STEDbyME Exactly this lol. Landed at airbase last night w had a rando mirage....now the sad thing is this dude was level 418 or some crap.

He breaks off solo and pings where he's going at airbase, fair enough. What he clearly didn't do was freelook back and see the 2 squads landing right on his ping...or pay attention to our enemy pings on the way down.

He gets deathboxed in a split second and furiously hammers the deathbox ping whilst I manage to fight my way to his beacon. Once I've grabbed it the second squad rolls up, he starts hammering the beacon ping now.

Me and my bud fight off this team too, respawn the guy and ping we're moving as we've made so much noise.....he ignores this and loots an already drained area....lo and behold he gets jumped by the very squad we were trying to avoid..dies and so the cycle repeats.

People are idiots.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 39 (270 Views)

@apostolateofDOOM Going by KD/R skill brackets would work.

A smurf makes a new account, has a 20 kill game. Is then instantly in a much higher bracket.

Do you think that smurf will then throw 20+ games in a row to get that KD/R back down? I don't. It's too much work for a smurf, they couldn't handle that many games in a row throwing, not a chance.

Over the lifespan of an account, and per season KD/R is the true gauge, and the one that matchmaking should use I think.

Bracket 1 - 0.0 - 1.0
Bracket 2 - 1.1 - 2.4 etc.
So even if someone was throwing multiple games they would still have to take a lot of time to get back down to noob lobby after that 20 kill game.

Again, that's just too much work for a smurf. And if they just keep making new accounts for a single 20 kill game well they hit rock bottom then mentally.
Message 17 of 39 (246 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag I played with a guy today who started the game by telling us that if we found an alternator and prowler he would craft digis for them and as bloodhound 7 kills would be the easiest thing ever. My friend and I won the game......the random had his exact loadout and did 43 damage 😂
Message 18 of 39 (225 Views)

• @Pure_Funk_Nugget that sounds like a clever and sensible solution. You could take It a lot further with much smaller brackets, given the number of players.

I had a team mate of level 8 tonight who had the 20 kill in one match badge, proudly displayed!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 19 of 39 (213 Views)

Champion

@OldTreeCreeper  must've been papa smurf.  Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 20 of 39 (197 Views)