Re: Let's Watch: Live from Neighborville Episode #3

by CJackson5083

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

.... Further thought process:

now the zombies will have a superior teamplay character (Space Station) plus a Mech?

Guess I’m missing the logic?

Message 11 of 40 (661 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Told. Ya. So.  You don't fix OP by buffing everyone else.  You fix OP by nerfing the OP.  Otherwise you just wind up with everyone OP.

Message 12 of 40 (664 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CJackson5083 wrote:

Told. Ya. So.  You don't fix OP by buffing everyone else.  You fix OP by nerfing the OP.  Otherwise you just wind up with everyone OP.

Told me?

I don’t know you.

Message 13 of 40 (634 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

They did mention there are more changes for other characters, they do need to adjust Space Cadet/Station as they did with Oak, and they might already be doing so (although I wish they had mentioned that if so).

They're not making anyone useless really,  the adjustments to Nightcap make sense and again, her ranged attack is not doing less damage, just making her less effective at long range and making Fung Fu less of an atom bomb, and Oaks are just too good right now. 3 of the 5 characters here are getting buffed (corn, soldier, and all-star) instead of reduced which is good news.

They do need to look at Super Brainz and Engineer, and I really want a buff to Sunflower's attack.

Message 14 of 40 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@spIash_damage

A solo space station is nowhere near the power level of a solo oak. Thats the whole reason they are nerfing oak to begin with. At the moment its always better to have 4 oaks than it is to have 1 oak with 3 acorns in it because oaks are too powerful by themselves. A solo space station feels pretty bad to play in comparison. This actually brings oak more in line with the space station more than anything.

What i dont understand is why we are buffing foot soldier damage but not corn damage when they both fill the same role. I would understand if corn was the only one getting the fire rate increase while soldier only got the damage as they would equal out. Unfortunately thats not the case. So soldiers getting 2 buffs to his primary while corn gets 1 when they both do the same damage and fill the same role.

Message 15 of 40 (603 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8 

So it will be fair that Space Station will be superior to Oak, plus the zombies have Mechs?

Shouldn’t Oak be more powerful than Space Station when you consider Mechs have almost the same hit points?

Message 16 of 40 (605 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RockScorpion384 wrote:

@spIash_damage

A solo space station is nowhere near the power level of a solo oak. Thats the whole reason they are nerfing oak to begin with. At the moment its always better to have 4 oaks than it is to have 1 oak with 3 acorns in it because oaks are too powerful by themselves. A solo space station feels pretty bad to play in comparison. This actually brings oak more in line with the space station more than anything.

What i dont understand is why we are buffing foot soldier damage but not corn damage when they both fill the same role. I would understand if corn was the only one getting the fire rate increase while soldier only got the damage as they would equal out. Unfortunately thats not the case. So soldiers getting 2 buffs to his primary while corn gets 1 when they both do the same damage and fill the same role.

So we’ll pretend Mechs aren’t around?

I still don’t get the logic.

Message 17 of 40 (599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@spIash_damage

What do mechs have to do with space station and oak? Thats a completely other character that doesnt play a part in balancing the game. You cant just make space station weaker because of the fact that maybe the zombies will have a mech sometimes 🤷🏼‍♂️

Its not like the fact that the zombies have both mechs and space station is making them too overpowered anyway. Its exactly the opposite atm. Plants are dominating the game and its the zombies that are falling behind. So how much impact is having that mech actually doing for them?

Message 18 of 40 (590 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RockScorpion384 wrote:
@spIash_damage

What do mechs have to do with space station and oak? Thats a completely other character that doesnt play a part in balancing the game. You cant just make space station weaker because of the fact that maybe the zombies will have a mech sometimes 🤷🏼‍♂️

Really - Mechs just don't count toward balancing?

Word.  We should employ 5 - 6 more characters on the zombies team with 250+ health to really make things interesting!  Besides - it wouldn't bother Oak and Space Station.

You're right, buddy.  My bad.

Message 19 of 40 (579 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@spIash_damage wrote:

@Iron_Guard8 

So it will be fair that Space Station will be superior to Oak, plus the zombies have Mechs?

Shouldn’t Oak be more powerful than Space Station when you consider Mechs have almost the same hit points?

Um, I addressed this in my post, why they didn't address at the livestream I have no idea, but if they nerf Oak they need to nerf the station too. I use both to make some of the more difficult PvE content easier and they're my highest rank characters thanks to that (both at super elite).

Message 20 of 40 (556 Views)