Let's Talk Crafting...again.

by pastaclown

Original Post

Let's Talk Crafting...again.

★★ Expert

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Let-Discuss-CRAFTing/m-p/9398003/highlight/true#M101191

@asukojo 

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/season-6-crafting

"Loot that is on rotation in the Crafting system will not spawn on the ground, meaning if the R301 and Anvil Receiver are on rotation and you want that firepower - finding a Replicator is a surefire way to get it, provided you have the Materials to pay for it. This loot is called out in several places so you’ll always be able to have this information at hand."

"Around the map you’ll find plenty of opportunities to collect Materials that you can use to craft new pieces of loot. Certain points of interest around the map will have devices from which you can extract Materials. These might be prominent named places like Capacitor or Epicenter, but they may be smaller towns as well - and they’ll change every match. Opening loot bins will grant you a small amount of Materials as well."

"Getting the most out of Crafting requires evaluating the map and rotations throughout the game. Each match we pick different towns where you can find Materials and Replicators, so players who engage with Crafting will be taking new rotations every time they play. Some towns will have more Materials than others, and some might be closer together - making it easier to get the Materials you need to get the loot you want."

Thoughts? Anyone? 

Message 1 of 26 (799 Views)

Re: Let's Talk Crafting...again.

★★★ Pro
@pastaclown Animations and procedure are super slow, you will most certainly die if you go for crafting, here is why:

When you want to craft something, there are multiple steps:

1. Find crafting materials
2. Select items from the menu
3. Wait for the machine to craft it
4. Return to the machine and collect your crafted item
5. Every interaction with the machine will cause a visible light blue light which can be seen by enemies
6. Crafting machines are all in the open

But please use them... my sweet targets Standard smile
Message 2 of 26 (786 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I will be ready with my sniper to their head !

Message 3 of 26 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@pastaclown 

This's fighting/shooting game for FS, why I have to think about collecting material ??  

We want gun fight, and andrenalin rush...that's why people hot drop instead of looting for 5-10 minutes then die on 1st gun fight, what is the point ??

I actually like the idea of hot drop to see how good are your team mate. If we survive as a team, then we will have a good game, otherwise we simply wasting our time !

Since Loba get her buff, I honestly just use her ultimate to find stuff, much more simple, quicker and efficient. 

Message 4 of 26 (760 Views)

★★ Expert

@asukojo yeah I really don't understand what how the crafting is supposed to help players when it seems like it adds incentive to running around looking for materials instead of fighting. 

Message 5 of 26 (755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Crafting just seems like a side quest to give players a reason not to go on "search and destroy" missions... I mean, I enjoy surviving and looting already, but if it helps other players; That's a good thing. OH! But maybe this will give myself (and others) smaller engagements between fewer teams!? I like that idea.

Message 6 of 26 (691 Views)

Champion
@pastaclown Not interested in crafting at all. People keep asking for more content but this isnt it.
Message 7 of 26 (686 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@asukojo Look at fortnite and Warzone and you can understand why Respawn is doing this.

Will it work in this game? We'll see. I wish you'd get mats for killing instead of looking for objects...
Message 8 of 26 (621 Views)

★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q it's funny, cause when Apex came out, suddenly all the other BR's like Fortnite were scrambling to implement a respawn system and a ping wheel. 

Oh how the mighty fall. 

Message 9 of 26 (619 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@pastaclown Exactly. All BRs sponge of the success of others. It's just the natural order of the world.

Tho this change from what I've seen hasn't made me happy but I've yet to read the patch notes
Message 10 of 26 (607 Views)