Let me get this straight

by TeamJuiceBox

Original Post

Let me get this straight

★★★★ Apprentice

You all at EA/Dice spent a bunch of time trying to fix the loadout issue. You claimed you fixed it, when you knew you hadn't. You made the choice to completely ignore an array of issues pertaining to unlocks/tracking/progression/mastery/objectives. You didn't even bring it up in patch notes, nor is it listed in known bugs.

You instead spent time nerfing weapons that were working, buffing weapons that were working, and removing objectives from rooftops? There's nothing wrong with objectives on rooftops. And if a weapon is working and not bugging, don't spend time nerfing and buffing. Fix the bugs please. 

If I can't select a loadout, if I can't unlock attachments for weapons, if all of my progress in the game is going to reset to zero and you're going to completely ignore it, even more people than already have - are going to leave this game. You will very soon be left with no players.

Beautiful game. I would love to play it, if it worked. Please make it work. Or offer a full refund to everyone. Stop trying to fine tune what isn't broken, and fix what is.

Message 1 of 18 (863 Views)

Re: Let me get this straight

[ Edited ]

The team acknowledged the issues people are having with progression on Twitter, Reddit, and the forums here. At the moment, users can reach up to Mastery 12 via Solo/Coop and timed caps have temporarily been placed to stop people from boosting.

People have been complaining about bloom/spread since launch and it looks like the majority of players are loving the new changes; the game clearly needed more time in the oven but I reckon proper weapon balance takes pretty high priority in a first person shooter. There have been some straggling issues here and there but for the most part, I think the last patch fixed loadout problems - There is a visual bug sometimes in Rush where you can't see your loadout, but spawning should be fine.

Ehhhhh you didn't see anything wrong with those objectives on rooftops? Like, nothing at all? 

If you're on Origin and would like a refund https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/#:~:text=You%20may%20return%20eligible...

If you bought the game from a third-party then you would need to contact the store who sold it to you directly.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 18 (840 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I guess I'm hanging out over in the "Bug Reports" section and people are still constantly saying they're having the loadout issue still.

Also, more and more people are talking about the progression issues, and it seems none of them have heard anything over there. I didn't know I would have to leave that section to find answers to that.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on priorities then. I would look to fix bugs before I would look to fix what isn't broken. 

Maybe there were problems with rooftop objectives. That was meant to be part of my point where I would place that lower on the list of priorities than stuff that flat out doesn't work. It doesn't matter if an objective is on a roof or on the ground if I can't select a loadout for the entirety of the match. It also doesn't matter if my progression is going to reset to zero, because I'm not going to play if my progression resets to zero even one more time.

Message 3 of 18 (818 Views)

★★ Novice
@TeamJuiceBox I just want to mention that they have multiple teams of people working on this game, and these people have a wide range of roles/specializations so the person working on map design/reworks probably won't be working on the UI/Server/game issues that relate to the loadout/progression problems. So it's not always an issue of "priorities" and probably an issue tracking down the single(or multiple) problems in a maze of code and systems that cause this to happen. I would find it hard to believe that they have 0 clues about the loadout/progression issues and would bet instead that someone on the team (might only be one or two people) have it at (or near) the top of a list of issues they need to fix.

So I would cut them some slack (but not let them off the hook) since the publishers decided to push out the game before it was ready, not the developers. the developers are probably scrambling to fix everything in their reach and are doing their best to communicate what they know
(there might be multiple problems causing the loadout/progression issues and they will only know that it's really fixed when they push a patch and have thousands of people play with it without problems)
Message 4 of 18 (780 Views)

It's something that is already being looked into but I recommend clicking the "Me Too" button on the posts there to help further elevate their status. The Bug Report section is more about data collection than a place to really discuss but I can try to ping someone about checking in a little more.

I agree more needs to be done about all the bugs - Something like spread is just important since it affects everyone and might be easier/quicker to fix to help reduce at least some anger in the community.

There was always a workaround for no loadouts (going to collection, selecting new loadout then backing out) but the few rooftop objectives we had really broke Breakthrough mode in particular - Temporarily halting solo progression and removing other staple modes from the series essentially made 1/4 of what we had left unplayable for one side.

For Solo I believe there is progression to Mastery 12 (enough to get all unlocks) then it will completely stop which should be intended. Some users reported having met T1 requirements but not receiving the content and I think you just need to offset some solo kills in regular multiplayer and/or just reset your game - Are you actually having stats reset or do you mean there is no incentive to play without solo/portal xp?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 5 of 18 (777 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Adamgotcha I appreciate this perspective. Thanks. It helps. I was speaking more to the fact that progression resetting didn't even make the notes. Also, while I'm not experiencing it, a lot of users are reporting that they're completely unable to unlock attachments to weapons. Ummm...I would put that at the top of the patch notes/bugs we're aware of and make sure people know they're on it, rather than radio silence.
Message 6 of 18 (764 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@TTZ_Dipsy I'll try to keep this short. As an example: One of the cards or tags objectives requires 10 breakthrough wins, 10 extractions in hazard zone, and 10 conquest wins. I reported that I had the 10 conquest wins, and I had currently extracted twice with 8 more to go. I hadn't started on breakthrough yet. All 3 of them now say 0. They just completely reset. I had a bunch of vehicles that I had a bunch of kills with, they all say 0 now. The only items that didn't reset to 0 were the ones that I reached tier 5 with. BUT, those reset to the tier 5 level. For example: most of the weapons (if not all, I'm not sure) have you level up to tier 5 at 30 kills. Some of those weapons I got to like 50 kills. They all reverted to 30 exactly. So, it let me keep tier 5, but I had to start my progress toward tier 4 all over at 30. My progression across the game just reset. So I hopped in the bug reports and I found a thread that's getting pretty hot talking about the same or similar things. I definitely tried to hit "Me Too" on anything that I was honestly experiencing.
Message 7 of 18 (750 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@TTZ_Dipsy tbh with the nerfs with the vehicles were almost way too hard. instead of nerfing one thing at a time about them, you went all to null them as possible
Message 8 of 18 (707 Views)

★ Pro
@TeamJuiceBox I haven't had the loadout issue since the patch was released. Now im having another even more annoying issue though.

Every time I get out of a vehicle I get major input lag and can't ADS. It doesn't start working again untill I repawn.

Pretty annoying having to run from the spawn every time when there's an abondanced of vehicles around
Message 9 of 18 (695 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@BizzyVaping Unfortunately I've seen that one a lot over in the bugs section too. I haven't experienced it though. As I said, hopefully they spend less time on fixing what isn't broke, and more time on fixing what is. That's all I ask. As someone over there stated well, at least tell us they're aware and on it. I don't have twitter and I don't go on reddit, so I check the patch notes and known issues.
Message 10 of 18 (673 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help