Re: Legit Question: I'm done with the Battle Pass, what do I do now?

by Xebulin

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

You get your freedom back, Time to HOT DROP  and get Andrenalin rush again !

Message 11 of 45 (606 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@JonStriker126 I just said that's the current argument, not that i agree with it. Like you i believe we should have something to strive for constantly to keep engagement up. From the perspective of those who buy BP and having the time to unlock all levels i understand but in most games you would still be earning legend tokens on top of your packs that you could put towards skins or loadouts so you could still ''upgrade or change'' in some way or another and always some form of progression.

Hopefully they add something extra in the future.

Nothing taken personally my guy, the pleasure is all mine. Standard smile

@1ronKeys Having something separate from the BP to keep you engaged isn't an unreasonable request. We are losing a lot of players to other BRs atm and having something new to keep them occupied here wouldn't be a bad thing.

Message 12 of 45 (601 Views)

Champion

The same thing you did the rest of the time....kill everyone , or die trying. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 45 (594 Views)

@JonStriker126 Can still have fun winning, trying to get badges, testing out play styles with Legends you rarely play. Or get serious about ranked and try to obtain a certain level before the season ends.

I got 110 this battle pass on two accounts, and platinum rank on both also.
I still play daily because I just love the game. But you could take a short break and refresh for the next season too.
Message 14 of 45 (590 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Time to play a good game now Standard smile

Message 15 of 45 (571 Views)

@apostolateofDOOM wrote:

@JonStriker126 I just said that's the current argument, not that i agree with it. Like you i believe we should have something to strive for constantly to keep engagement up. From the perspective of those who buy BP and having the time to unlock all levels i understand but in most games you would still be earning legend tokens on top of your packs that you could put towards skins or loadouts so you could still ''upgrade or change'' in some way or another and always some form of progression.

Hopefully they add something extra in the future.

Nothing taken personally my guy, the pleasure is all mine. Standard smile

@1ronKeys Having something separate from the BP to keep you engaged isn't an unreasonable request. We are losing a lot of players to other BRs atm and having something new to keep them occupied here wouldn't be a bad thing.

Exactly, man. I'm not saying they should make Seasons shorter or anything, which seems to be what 1ronKeys thinks I'm saying.

I'm saying it would be nice to have something to play for. There whole big thing with a new Season is a Battle Pass, in terms of "that's the big goal to achieve". But, once you've done it, that's really it. Like I said, maybe play for Tokens/Packs, depending on your level, orbor grindtgrind Ranked, but That isn't a whole hell of a lot, in my opinion.

I just wish there was more LTMs or something. Maybe even do something where if you bought the Premium Pass, any X amount of levels over 110 gives you an Apex Pack or something. That would be great for lvl 500 players. But, they won't do that, because they have a death grip on those Packs, on top of charging $18 for Legendary items and $10 for new Epics. Even the Legends you have to pay for or take forever to grind out.

I get this is a F2P game, and I expect monetization to be par for the course, but even they take it a bit far sometimes. I mean, I'm sure they could give out some extra Packs without breaking the bank, or put the money they are getting to better use or something.

Honestly, I have A lot of the same issues with OverWatch, as I do with Apex. But, at least Overwatch is better in the monetization department. They may not always have events running or new things to play, but I know I can log on at any time, play for a bit and get Credits or a Loot Box. With Apex, all that stuff is very tightly controlled and they want you to pay egregious prices for specific cosmetics on top of that. It just sucks.

Honesty, I think EA's greed hurts this game, a bit. Combining drip fed content with egregious monetization is just a recipe for disaster. Then you add other issues on top of it, like the Smurfing and The issues with skill base matchmaking, and it's no wonder why people quit this game after such a short period of time.

Anyway... It is what it is, I suppose. as I said in my earlier comment, on this topic, I guess it's time to just take a break from this game for the next month or so and focus on other things. Shame though, as I do like this game, at its core. I just wish there was more to do on a day-to-day basis

Message 16 of 45 (552 Views)

Champion
@JonStriker126 I play the game to enjoy playing the game. Any other reason such as chasing rewards is strange to me.

I really dont get this whole a game should reward people. Anyone who grew up playing atari and original nes will understand.
Message 17 of 45 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hayhor yes lol, or the pride of being the one to stand at the arcade machine for the complete hour of lunchtime at school, playing the same game for 10p Large smile

@JonStriker126 bp done, quest done, level 493 done.

What I focus on additionally each season is to improve on my last seasons statistics, moreso at this end of the season. Today for example I surpassed the number of wins I had last season. Kills is up, game kill is up, damage is up, etc. I also do a bit more ranked play too. It's more personal goal rewards/satisfaction for me now.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 18 of 45 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hayhor

While I get what you're saying, I would argue that games for a very long time have had some sort of "reward" or "goal". Maybe it's beating a story mission, finding collectibles, beating a boss, crafting weapons and armor, something. Even something like Breath of the Wild, while not very linear has both small and large goals. A small goal might be to get certain equipment, a large goal is to beat Ganon.

Honestly, all my life from even the NES days to now, I almost always pick up a game with a goal in mind or a reward I'm shooting for. It could be trying to get a certain achievement, or beat a level, or get a certain collectible, or what have you.

The problem I feel with (non story driven) FPS games, like Apex and even most of OW, is when it's just "Drop in a match, try to kill everyone/capture a point, and try not to die", it can get very repetitive, in a bad way, on its own. It lacks... Substance, for me.

to try and give you a better idea, this is how I was playing Apex before I finished my battle pass:

-Log on
-Look at Daily Challenges
-try to complete said challenges
-Look at weekly challenges
-try and do the same
-eventually, when I'm satisfied with the amount that I've done for the day, I turn the game off
-Next day (usually), rinse and repeat

Now, without the pass, without the quests, and with nothing else to experience (such as an LTM), I just don't feel a drive to keep playing. The only thing I have to play for is Packs still, But that will eventually run out, as it has for many people.

I just don't find the repetition of "drop in, try not to die, try to kill everyone" with no greater goal  all that fun. Just playing for that alone, gets boring for me after a while. And I know I'm not the only person who feels that way.

You might not agree with me or feel that way, and that's fine. But, it doesn't change the fact that, unless we get an LTM or something, before season 6, I probably won't play the game, at all until then. That's just the sad reality for myself and players with my mentality *shrug*

Message 19 of 45 (530 Views)

★★★ Expert

Uh, it's been said but play the game for fun?

ONCE UPON A TIME, video games didn't have rewards.  People played them.  And just liked them because they were fun.  And they even didn't become more fun just because incentives were added.

THE END.

Message 20 of 45 (521 Views)