Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Legion of Dawn Edition legendary gear.

by Shaddoll23

Original Post

Highlighted

Legion of Dawn Edition legendary gear.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

So now that the ranger isn’t the specific starting javelin anymore. I would be cool if the random legendary gear piece we get is for the javelin we choose to start with. 

Not a necessity, but it would be a nice change that means more for the javelin we are actually interested in. It adds more weight to what we choose. Kinda like that good feeling in the decision of choosing your starter Pokémon 🙂

Message 1 of 25 (877 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Legion of Dawn Edition legendary gear.

★★★ Guide

@Shaddoll23 

They did mention at one point that the loot you get will be more likely for the Javelin you are using, but not always.  I certainly hope this also applies. 

Message 2 of 25 (867 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@DrakenWolfe  the problem is, if you read the anthem lod description. It specifically states the piece is a ranger piece

Message 3 of 25 (865 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

@Shaddoll23  Totally understand what you mean, but seriously doubt that will change. it is making it a little tough for me to decide what I will unlock after Interceptor. Storm was my first choice for my lvl 8 unlock but starting to think if I don't unlock Ranger at lvl 8 by the time I get to lvl 16 unlock that the Legendary Ranger component could pretty much be useless by then, and therefor I may just put off my storm till the lvl 16 unlock.

Message 4 of 25 (862 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
It was my understanding that base level of all legendary is 30. It should be giving you a legendary level 30 piece so it’s never useless
Message 5 of 25 (856 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@Shaddoll23

Well crap, there goes that theory. :/

Message 6 of 25 (852 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Screenshot_20190211-140137_Chrome.jpg

Yeah it specifically says Ranger, not random. I wonder if the items will be modified weaker Legendaries that can be used from the start, or actual Lengendaries that can't be used until level 30

EDIT: Technically you can't find Legendary items until level 30, but nothing says you can't use Legendary items until level 30. So I'm guessing it's modified to be weaker

Message 7 of 25 (846 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

@crackdownjr  @Shaddoll23  Oh, no idea I have heard mixed things on that, some were speculating you could use it early and you'd outgrow it pretty fast, hence it being a low level Legendary and not being a full blown Legendary like what we can acquire late game.

Message 8 of 25 (840 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Shaddoll23 wrote:

So now that the ranger isn’t the specific starting javelin anymore. I would be cool if the random legendary gear piece we get is for the javelin we choose to start with. 

Not a necessity, but it would be a nice change that means more for the javelin we are actually interested in. It adds more weight to what we choose. Kinda like that good feeling in the decision of choosing your starter Pokémon 🙂

The depiction I saw, showed all the Javelins in LOD gear, there was also a post from a Dev regarding the Colossus will not be getting Helena Tarsis' sword as part of the LOD armour. So not absolutely sure at this point but in all honesty doesn't really matter all that much to me, I paid no extra for the LOD version, I was upgraded for free, and am more interested in the gun and how much better it will enable me to kill the baddies, not how I look while doing it.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong end of the stick.

Message 9 of 25 (832 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
You are allowed to equip lighter level gear then your pilot level. It’s just about finding that gear.

Second they stated that legendary is all base level 30. So it will never be useless. You just scale down not the gear itself.

It should be relevant for us the whole playthrough
Message 10 of 25 (831 Views)
Twitter Stream