Legends Tier list - Season 1.

by Psycho4Real

Original Post

Legends Tier list - Season 1.

★★★★ Apprentice

I just want to listen to the community, about a possible tier list of the legends.

I will show you the template and you can post your tier list.

1) Lifiline & Bangalore

2) Octane

3) Pathfinder

4) Wraith

5 )Bloodhound

6) Gibraltar

7) Mirage

8) Caustic

I'm looking forward to your replies.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 18 (757 Views)

Re: Legends Tier list - Season 1.

★★★★ Guide
S tier: Path

A: Bang, lifeline, Wraith, Octane

B: Gib, Caustic, Blood

C: Mirage
Message 2 of 18 (723 Views)

★ Apprentice

why would u want to tier legends?

Bad enough guns are tiered.

The legends all need to be equal (not the same).  

No legend should be over all better.  

They need to be balanced and players pick legends suited to their style not because one is so much better than the others.

Message 3 of 18 (717 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I see your point but imo there is no balance atm, so we can freely talk about tier lists.
I hope that they will balance things out, rather than publishing new heroes often.

Message 4 of 18 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

There is no perfect balance in hero based games. That's why we got the term "meta".

If certain heroes (or legends) are buffed and become strong in this meta, it also means other heroes lose their advantage and get weaker.

In other words, 1 legend is in the meta, means another legend is out of meta.

Message 5 of 18 (707 Views)

★ Apprentice

true there will always be meta based heroes (mobility will always be a important).

Since, this game has been out a little bit, certain gamestyles have been seen to be more effective than others.

you use this info to balance heroes as best as you can. (always in small increments to not totally mess things up)

Yes, there is no possible way to perfectly balance, but they can get it closer than it is. 

Where certain legends are basically handicaps to your team.

Message 6 of 18 (696 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I'm not sure how much balance between each Legend matters. Because Apex is a squad based game it only matters that they work well as a team. If you choose to ignore that simple fact and you're determined to see Apex as a solo game then you are going to see errors in game design everywhere.

Message 7 of 18 (688 Views)

★ Apprentice

of course it matters, especially in team play. 

One legend having a useless kit, hampers the team. 

Then no one picks it and u have like u have with weapons only 3 or 4 being used consistently.

Message 8 of 18 (672 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Anubis_TD wrote:

of course it matters, especially in team play. 

One legend having a useless kit, hampers the team. 

Then no one picks it and u have like u have with weapons only 3 or 4 being used consistently.

I agree with you. But it's the perspective balancing Legends to make the squad play better together rather than balancing one Legend against another. I think this is why Apex can seem kind of confusing when some players do try to play in an almost completely solo way. Which is understandable because some Legends can do that. Which is why I say the Legends should be balanced to work together rather than balanced against one another.

Message 9 of 18 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I agree that legends need to work in a team and that it probably confuses some people; since they lack any thought beyond self.

However, each legend needs some ability to be self contained, beyond team skill. 

But still bring a strong team performance.

Take path, Fabulous team skill with his alt, yet still has his solo zip to whip around and give himself unconventional attack angles.

All the popular and strong Legends have that.

Wraith, Bang, Oct, and Lifeline

(though all her skills are team based but her tiny size mixed with her huge team skills makes her hard to pass up).

Then take Caustic, Phatty, and Mirage. No team help really

Caustics traps blind and slow your team as well as the enemy,

Phatty is just too easy to hit and only his great Alt makes him playable,so he provides little to team or himself.

Mirages kit is probably the worst in the game, only thing u can say is at least he isn't fat.

Keep in mind that due to late weapon power the concept of tank in this game is a joke,

Weapons eat through HP faster than u can blink. 

So, don't use that defence for the 2 big guys and their team worth.

Message 10 of 18 (601 Views)