Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Legendary loot in freeplay.

by LegendaryIII

Original Post

Legendary loot in freeplay.

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I read alot of posts about people complaining about the loot.

Me, i never had that issue, im fully aware of the rng in the game but there has to be plenty of players like me.

in every gm3 freeplay i get like 1 - 4 lego drops before inventory is full, since there is no way to dodge the purples that pop from mobs when you melee them to death, they are basically autopickup if you play melee.

but yeah, i ran plenty of HoR on gm1 and there i see a few legos every now and then but nothing compared to freeplay gm3, i tried experimenting around to see the yields in lower gms freeplay, even if the mobs die when you simply blow on them, the amount of MW and lego drops are significally lower, so i dont even bother anymore, besides its not even fun when mobs die before you can land a combo.

but yeah just my two cents and i feel i cant be alone in this, i barely have room in my 250 inv anymore for mws.

90% luck ofc.

Message 1 of 14 (611 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

I played dozens of hours on FP GM3, for a grand total of 2 Legendarys.  90 luck (played more for fun than loot) but...

Figured I'd try out GM1 HoR, did 30 runs, 11 Legendarys, <5 hours. (Over 3 days...gawd is it dull)

That's not the problem imo.  Just all junk, still stuck at 746 PL, since 1.03 dropped.

Now I'm playing Sekiro, and would rather find a fistful of ash there, than a Legendary in Anthem.

When most of the "best loot" in a game is useless...you done something wrong...

At least the fistful of ash is useful...

Message 2 of 14 (549 Views)

★★★★ Guide

How many of those legendary drops are really useful to you? Right now I just recently hit legendary ranger status but, the legendary items I have will be replaced if I ever get some that are useful to the build I want. They don't have good inscriptions.

Message 3 of 14 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I dunno what you're talking about. I only play gm3 free play (788 ranger) with 90% luck too, and also another 788 ranger with 165% luck. I get a Legendary about once every 2 or 3 days since the patch that introduced embers as drops in place of loot in chests. Before that patch, I was consistently getting several Legendaries a day. I don't believe in coincidences and BioWare has a record of screwing up the loot drops

Message 4 of 14 (481 Views)

★★ Pro

I run mainly GM2 Freeplay and I have good days and bad days, yesterday I had 2 Legendary's some days I get more some days I get none. Without setting up a spreadsheet to record my experiences I would estimate on average I get 2 per day just from Freeplay. Yes some of them are duplicates but that will happen as you fill more slots with Legendary's and yes some of them have not so good inscriptions to put it mildly. I personally don't mind the drop rate at the moment but I'm pretty casual in my approach to games. I do think the drop rate should be tweaked but not by much.

Message 5 of 14 (475 Views)

★★ Guide

I know what peoples problem is in terms of getting it, I feel like there are other problems outside of drop rates on legendary items but that beside the point here. In terms of legendary drops I'm running GM3 and picking up anywhere from 1-5 leg a day, for 2-4+ hours of play which I personally feels is really generous. Honestly at the end of it the problem doesn't seem to be the drop rate, it's the fact that the inscriptions are bad but the only way to fix them is to get another legendary. I think a actual fix would be to separate the inscriptions from the weapon and use more a system like what Warframe has done with rivens and make them things that you can alter if you're willing to put a REASONABLE amount of effort into it, but doesn't prevent you from enjoy you're new gun like trash inscription can right now.

Message 6 of 14 (455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@ragnarokfps wrote:

I dunno what you're talking about. I only play gm3 free play (788 ranger) with 90% luck too, and also another 788 ranger with 165% luck. I get a Legendary about once every 2 or 3 days since the patch that introduced embers as drops in place of loot in chests. Before that patch, I was consistently getting several Legendaries a day. I don't believe in coincidences and BioWare has a record of screwing up the loot drops

i read this article on gamerant heres a quote:

"There’s one other additional detail that Holmes revealed during his Luck discussion worth mentioning. According to Holmes, different tiers of enemies have different odds of dropping certain rarities of loot. Holmes cites an example of an Ursix having an inflated chance of dropping items. Due to this tier difference, Luck has much less of an effect on items dropping from an Ursix or similar tier enemies when compared to “basic” enemies. The implication being that it’s likely not worth it to stack Luck if it comes at the expense of doing damage, since stronger enemies drop better loot no matter a player’s Luck. So it makes sense to prioritize killing stronger enemies faster than having a better chance of good loot killing weak enemies."

So for me, i kill all those straggling scorpios and random mobs in world, and i can tell you, its the mobs that drop the legendarys for me, not the chests, i had like maybe a few legs from chest all the rest from mobs. So thats the tip, this also explains why you feel like you seldom get drops from apex mobs, because of their loottable. Sure when u kill ordinary mobs they drop nothing, but once they do, the roll only goes against your luck wich is why you get the feeling that they drop legendary loot more often, wich they really dont, you just kill alot more of them. But yeah, kill everything in gm3 and you will surely see alot more lego drops instead of the chestfarming.

this is also the reason why you should kill all mobs in the tunnels when playing tyrant mine. 70% of the legos i got in there have dropped from those scorpios.

I feel your pain, i get several chests with only ember drops.

Message 7 of 14 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@MaireDevylin wrote:

How many of those legendary drops are really useful to you? Right now I just recently hit legendary ranger status but, the legendary items I have will be replaced if I ever get some that are useful to the build I want. They don't have good inscriptions.

Well a bunch of those legos are useful, the first ones that drop are useful in the sense of the powerscore, you should always equip a legendary component instead of a MW. This is the rule because the powerscore is what gives your melee/ultimate/combo dmg in gm3. So i equipped them not bothering with the inscriptions, and sure enough gm3 became easier and easier. i solo gm3 on every javelin even with crap inscriptions.

Now when im full lego on all my javs, i look for the good inscriptions, sure it takes time because of rng but i still have a bunch of good legos and i use those all the time.

I still have to grind though, because i havent found all components so some builds are still below full legostatus if i want to run those, but thats just a question of time now before i get my last components.

Message 8 of 14 (414 Views)

★★ Guide

last but not least, some of the new components are really good even if you have less armor and shield on them. i regulary use bloodlust, focused freeze and emergency power. since i have these in lego variants, i wouldnt use them as mws though, well maybe emergency power because of how insanely good it is.

Message 9 of 14 (406 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Affelainen 

And what does your argument bring to the table exactly?.....

"I never run to an issue so many other claim they've faced so it must be a hoax/ people making it up!"

Let that sink in.

Message 10 of 14 (388 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help