Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Legendary drops - something's changed.

by SuperBadPixelMan

Original Post

Legendary drops - something's changed.

I see a lot of complaining about drop rates for legendaries, and up until this weekend, I was one of those people who had a lot of trouble getting legendaries to drop.  All my Javelins are around the 650 mark, and I hadn't seen a legendary for ages.

I was running my colossus mostly, and I was completing legendary contracts, epic contracts, free play, pretty much everything at GM1 and GM2.  

Not a single legendary in 8 hours of straight play, on Thursday.

Playing a few hours on Friday night, doing the same but on my interceptor.  Nothing.

I'm seeing even less epic and MW drops, and ZERO legendaries.  Lots of crafting materials, and seemingly way less items than before the last patch.

That changed on the weekend though.

I jumped on my interceptor, and ran a few missions.  I got a legendary while playing the legendary mission on GM1.  YAY!

Then I do a stronghold on GM2 - 3 LEGENDARIES!!  1 off the chest in the egg room, and TWO off the big spider boss at the end. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Then I run the dailies, and I get 2 more.

I ended up with 6 legendaries in about 3 hours.  I couldn't believe it.

I wasn't able to repeat that, but I've been seeing regular legendaries now, coming from GM2 strongholds.

I think I got 3 more yesterday (mostly crap, but still).

I'm thinking they did something server side on Friday night.  Something is different.

I was getting way less items, and more crafting materials before then, now it seems to be a fair balance. 

There's also way more item drops in general now, for all item tiers.

Oh, my interceptor was running 48% luck at the time I got the 3 drops in one run. 

Then I was running at 83% because I got another luck drop.  That didn't seem to improve the drops, but they were still coming pretty regularly.  

Especially epics.  It's freaking raining epics for me at the moment.

My storm started out with 46% luck, and my collosus was also running 48%.

I'm going to spend today running the storm for a while to see how the drops go there.  I'll report back if people are interested and let you know how that went.

Message 1 of 42 (1,704 Views)

Re: Legendary drops - something's changed.

★★★★★ Apprentice

the past day or two i also have had decent luck with them, i only do GM1 ATM as there doesnt seem to be a massive drop difference for the time it takes but iv had 3 legionaries per day for the last few days which was nice, not the best pieces but pretty good pieces all round 

Message 2 of 42 (1,693 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

im getting nothing doing GM3. but im wondering why i bother if im doing gm3 anyway with only a couple of legs. all it will do is make the game easier. 

Message 3 of 42 (1,681 Views)

@CitizenKaned75 wrote:

im getting nothing doing GM3. but im wondering why i bother if im doing gm3 anyway with only a couple of legs. all it will do is make the game easier. 

Personally I wouldn't do GM3 with only a couple of legendary items.

I'd run GM2 until I have more (which is what I'm doing).

It's not worth running GM3 at that stage, it takes too long.  You get very little return for the time you invested.

Message 4 of 42 (1,675 Views)

★★ Guide

It was back on the patch on the 26th that they changed things. Plenty of us saw it raining drops then, you unfortunately just got stuck in a rut. Flip a coin 100 times, and you'll be surprised how many and how long of streaks you will see. It's also possible Anthem is a bit streakier than it should be.

I have averaged around 1 leg every 30 mins on GM3 since then, but there have been streaks up and down.

Message 5 of 42 (1,648 Views)

@Zemerick wrote:

It was back on the patch on the 26th that they changed things. Plenty of us saw it raining drops then, you unfortunately just got stuck in a rut. Flip a coin 100 times, and you'll be surprised how many and how long of streaks you will see. It's also possible Anthem is a bit streakier than it should be.

I have averaged around 1 leg every 30 mins on GM3 since then, but there have been streaks up and down.

I'm aware they changes things on the 26th.  That's what I'm talking about.  It was after that patch that I noticed a lot fewer item drops, even though they said there would be more.

That only changed for me yesterday. 

Message 6 of 42 (1,593 Views)

★ Guide

I’m getting progressively less legendarys since the patch and it hasn’t changed for me today, also still getting piles of trash crafting materials. Not a single legendary for me today yet. Some people are luckier than others I guess.

Message 7 of 42 (1,577 Views)

I haven't really seen a difference long-term.  I did get a few Legos after the patch for a day or so...I think I picked up 2 or three just after.  Since those 3, I haven't gotten anything, and that trend continues today.  I seem to get a decent number of MW but for the most part those are trash for me now, so other than enjoying the gameplay, I haven't "progressed". 

So it seemed to be better for a bit, but lately it has been back to trash for me in getting Legos.  I still seem to only get 2 Legos a week, and have since I was able to get them after release. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 42 (1,563 Views)

I've been playing for a few hours today, so far no legendaries.  Lots of Epics though, and a good amount of MW.  

99% of those are trash of course Frown

Message 9 of 42 (1,544 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Yup. I haven't gotten a Legendary in days. Normally I'd get between 4-10 Legendaries a day
Message 10 of 42 (1,530 Views)
Twitter Stream