Re: Legendary HIDE challenge

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

@D3loFF wrote:

I can say exactly the contrary. Yes, people are playing more cautious now and are hiding, but man, it is something entirely new when you have 4, 6, 8 squads left at the very beginning in so small territory. Before that we got 2-3 teams on a large remaining field as the last circles weren't even close yet.

Agree. The smaller ring now has more teams still active because they've not all suicide dropped early game.

I played for hours last night. No hide and seek game play, but a lot more situational and tactical. Far less running and face tanking.

Elite que is spot on imo. Loving the update.

Message 11 of 19 (283 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert
@Biochemikas, hiding... hmmm lemme extend my view on that... If you think the essence of a survival game is hiding, then you are thinking of a whole 'nother definition of survival game... The word says it all... Survival... aka weathering something...

Yes, part of surviving is hiding... So to that extend I agree with you. But hiding in a corner for 10 minutes straight is something entirely on the far end of the spectrum of what a survival game is about. That's what extreme camping is... which is not surviving, but contemplating life while eating marshmallows XD
Message 12 of 19 (276 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Koochi-Q wrote:
Hunt them down he says. Fair enough. Bloodhound main here. Trying to play normally. Seeing that it takes almost twice as long for a match to finish cause everyone's hiding. You finally see a squad camping in distance. You close the gap... Suddenly you get shot from behind due to another team camping in a building two doors down of the team you were going for. Two teams... Two door distance... Both cowering in corner with no clue that the other's there...
Or an even better one. You kill a team... After seeing no one get downed or killed in the killfeed for 2 mins aprox. I'm not kidding... It might've been longer. What happends when you kill that team. It's like a sudden rat infestation in your building. Out of nowhere you get 3+ teams busting in or shooting from the vicinity...
The camping is so bad that a few jokers shot at me with a mozambique with no attachment and a blue/white or no shield in mid-game! You cant tell me that 2 guys were just respawned and found that while the past guy only has a normal shield and a decent gun while the nearby respawn beacon is still unused

First of all. What you describe happens no matter what. You just summed up what br is. Secondly, the rounds average the same time regardless. Thirdly, in the top 5 cue, the ring timers are faster and have more damage. So the games are shorter. People camping doesn't make the game longer. The final circles happen at the same time. If anything people not engageing cuts down on getting third partied. 

Message 13 of 19 (269 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Koochi-Q wrote:
@Biochemikas, hiding... hmmm lemme extend my view on that... If you think the essence of a survival game is hiding, then you are thinking of a whole 'nother definition of survival game... The word says it all... Survival... aka weathering something...

Yes, part of surviving is hiding... So to that extend I agree with you. But hiding in a corner for 10 minutes straight is something entirely on the far end of the spectrum of what a survival game is about. That's what extreme camping is... which is not surviving, but contemplating life while eating marshmallows XD

Good job there isn't solos then. Just think how that would play out :D

Message 14 of 19 (265 Views)

★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

I literally got hyper aggressive teams since patch with only 2 exceptions.

Same. Once in the top 5 servers I saw nothing but constant action, way more than the typical regular games.  The ring moving in faster plus more damage seemed to quickly push people together.  Only exception is the very start on a few matches, not seeing as much the 5 teams landing in one area deal. 

Message 15 of 19 (261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I don't mind sitting in 1 place for 10 minutes, if that seems like the best play (sometimes is, sometimes not, depends on how the circles are moving and where the others are). I will use that time to looking at the map marking areas (in my head) where I think others are by the sounds of shots and just looking around to not miss some snake. Gathering intel is the most important part of successful endgame, no matter what you're doing, be it shooting some1 (or some3) in the back or just sitting in a corner waiting for everyone who doesn't want to live to die.

P.S. 10 minutes in 1 place in Apex is quite unlikely - the games aren't that long, there are also not that many such favorable positions and also the players tend to present too many juicy backstabbing opporunities (small map, easy to get to the spot in time for the kill; who would pass up a chance to shoot the top teamin the back? (usually clear from killfeed, who you need to backstab)). I've sat in 1 house for over 15 minutes more than once in Pubg though (moving would be quite stupid if I already have the best spot possible and circles just keep shifting as if on my command).

Message 16 of 19 (254 Views)

Community Manager

@D3loFF wrote:

I can say exactly the contrary. Yes, people are playing more cautious now and are hiding, but man, it is something entirely new when you have 4, 6, 8 squads left at the very beginning in so small territory. Before that we got 2-3 teams on a large remaining field as the last circles weren't even close yet.

I think you're right on point. With an objective to reach the top 5 you are seeing more squads opt not to drop into hot zones and instead try looting up a little more before getting into intense firefights. 

Not sure if squads are intentionally camping out, but spreading out around the map more and opting to not engage an enemy unless they are all ready. 

It DOES seem like there are more squads towards the last few rings. Are you all enjoying that more?

And let's be real.....this is what it's like when you're down to the last 6 squads. 

Blueberry.png
Message 17 of 19 (232 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@D3loFF wrote:

I think you're right on point. With an objective to reach the top 5 you are seeing more squads opt not to drop into hot zones and instead try looting up a little more before getting into intense firefights. 

Not sure if squads are intentionally camping out, but spreading out around the map more and opting to not engage an enemy unless they are all ready. 

It DOES seem like there are more squads towards the last few rings. Are you all enjoying that more?

And let's be real.....this is what it's like when you're down to the last 6 squads. 

Enjoying the Elite que game play very much. Feels like "it's mean to be played" and the last 6 can get quite intense. Better than 3 squads remaining when you've only just started round 2 lol.

The gif was quality Standard smile

Message 18 of 19 (222 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I try to play hide and seek yesterday, I was solo, last 6 squad remaining, in skul town, with octane, 

I just waiting for them to kill each other and down to 5 squad to be in elite squad, should be easy peasy.

until suddenly I hear blood hound calling his farther (ultimate) and start chasing me, WTF !!!??

so I run like a chicken using my stims, then bullets flying around, passing another team, more bullets flying around, so I got push near ring to survive

then the ring closing in, there's huge rock on other side, I got squezee, the ring damage is much stronger now, I can't heal fast enough and die, damn it.

In summary:

Near 6-7 squads remaining, they definetly more cautious now, they wait , they hide, they don't want to engage unless they have too.

Message 19 of 19 (213 Views)