Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Legendary Drop Rates Still Horrible

by Banfilidh

Original Post

Legendary Drop Rates Still Horrible

★★★ Apprentice

So I will freely admit I haven’t played since the last “update” whet drop rates supposedly got better.  Well I know they didn’t as I played that day and hit jack.

So I see they are FINALLY doing another update and .....  no increased legendary drops.

Glad that the legendaries that dint drop won’t drop for javs I’m not using anymore.  If only they would drop in the first place.

all I have left to do is finish my interceptor with legendaries but the rate is so abysmal and playtime so unrewarding I haven’t played since the last update didn’t increase legendary drops for crap.

oh well.  Another wasted 60. If only we could get our money back

Message 1 of 72 (1,176 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

stfu with the * "money back" already.... i totally agree that the drop rate is horrible. ive just done 36 stronghold runs on GM2 without a single legendary which is frustrating as hell. but i seriously dont care about the 60bucks, keep the money and improve the game.this game could be awesome as hell.

if u are hunting for legendaries that means that you are at least 20 hours (probably a lot more) into the game, expecting a refund after that amount of playtime is just playing dumb. u gotta admit that

Message 2 of 72 (1,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I don't know whether the separate servers have separate drop rates but there doesn't seem to be any consistency even with taking RNG into account. I had a period of about a week recently where the drop rate for MW's and Legendary's seemed decent even though a lot of the Legendary's weren't any good to me, but at least the carrot was being used and not the stick imo. The last 3 days I have only seen one Legendary and a smattering of MW's.

Doing an event in Freeplay on GM2 against a pack of Elite and Legendary Dominion or Outlaws and getting 1 rare and a bunch of embers from the chest seems disappointing to me. Killing Legendary mob after Legendary mob and getting mostly Rares and the occasional Epic drop seems disappointing also. But as I said for about a week the drop rate seemed fine then perhaps they dialed it down again, I don't know.

While I am doing it all mostly for the fun, part of the fun is getting good loot, I don't want it raining but I definitely don't want a drought either.

Message 3 of 72 (1,159 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It has been days since the last time a legendary item has dropped for me.  Pretty sure the last time one dropped was either March 29th or 30th.  I've run a fairly equivalent amount of time on both GM1 and GM2 difficulty and still nothing.  Prior to the last major update, things seemed at least common enough to find one every day or two, but since then it has been almost a complete absence.  I enjoy the gameplay, but I've not made any progress increasing my Javelin level and its getting to the point that its just not worth it for me.  One of my goals is to have multiple endgame builds with legendary components, but that is just not possible with the drop rate or my luck. 

Message 4 of 72 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't know if there's a rhyme or reason but i went ahead and fit some new legendary components i had and went to HoR GM1( as a legendary) and I got a legendary every other run almost.It was almost like the game recognized me as a legendary and changed the drop rate cause i wasn't MW anymore.

Message 5 of 72 (1,126 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

And I had three in just over two hours this morning. A guy I was with had 8, but he started before I got on. The best part is that one of them is good enough I want to try and make a build around it (Ember’s Lance for ranger with 200% gear damage roll).

I may be misremembering, but I don’t think the last patch raised general drop rates. It raised rates for apex enemies, iirc, and allowed boss loot to roll legendaries. Stronghold chests were buffed, maybe?

Message 6 of 72 (1,121 Views)

★★★ Guide

I got three or four off the same chest and then randoms off apex legendary storms and furys. Im guessing around 8 today.

Message 7 of 72 (1,103 Views)

★★ Pro

@Ticklepink68 wrote:

I got three or four off the same chest and then randoms off apex legendary storms and furys. Im guessing around 8 today.

Sounds like what was happening to me for about a week then for the last few days its dried up, maybe they gave us all a quota.

Message 8 of 72 (1,086 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

As of this morning I officially have more legendary Storm components than I do Colossus. Haven't even bothered to load the Storm into the forge. I have a slim shred of hope that Monday does something to improve the loot experience (and fixing this particular bug isn't enough) otherwise I'll be setting Anthem down until they start addressing our concerns. 

6 weeks of a terrible loot system takes a toll. I'm unsure why they dont understand this. 

Message 9 of 72 (1,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Do you guys not know what luck is? I have 200%+ luck on my build and I get masterworks constantly, like GM1 stronghold yields 4-8 MWs and I can generally get a legendary a day at least just doing dailies. The drop rates could maybe use a tiny boost still but it's not horrible by any means. Also there are blueprints for a reason, I just got done completing the challenge for every gun(minus Colossus guns), epic and mw, so I can just craft as many as I want, components are the only thing I need drops for, gear a little just cause it takes so much longer to do the challenges.

Message 10 of 72 (1,052 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help