Re: Legendaries- get ready to get finished

by asukojo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Legendaries- get ready to get finished

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

(disclaimer I’m pretty laid back so this isn’t a rant or anything- if I ever get killed it’s usually my fault as I think I get an average of 7-10 kills per game with a really good win rate and sometimes I get too cocky, can’t defeat a full squad that’s camping by yourself usually (I just think random people’s fear/annoyance of people with legendaries is the funniest stuff ever)

lmao anyone else noticed anytime you’re using legendaries that are really noticeable you literally always get shot at before your teammates😂 I’m always running blood or wraith (my two favorite characters- I also have the plague doctor skin and the liberator) and I swear 95% of the time I’m always the one getting shot first out of any of my friends it’s the most hilariously annoying stuff ever- I’ve had people ignore my friend and let him crawl to safety out of a building but then instead of pushing my last alive friend they sat in a building and guarded the doors (while my teammate was clearly getting revived right outside the doors) as someone proceeded to use a finisher on me- and then I watched after I got killed and they didn’t even loot my body. They ran over to push my teammates like whattt

I swear it happens all the time

idk it’s the most toxic stuff ever but anytime I look back at it it’s honestly just hilarious tbh like the jealousy😂

Message 1 of 4 (299 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Rule of thumb in any FPS @JolT_Fonz_TTV42 is to take down the player who looks like they the rarest items equipped as generally they have most experience. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (284 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Rule of thumb in any FPS @JolT_Fonz_TTV42 is to take down the player who looks like they the rarest items equipped as generally they have most experience. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (285 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This could be anthropomorphism. Which is where a person unconsciously projects a real human image onto something that isn't human.

I can remember when I first started playing an MMO, some years ago, when I caught myself thinking that the avatar of the person I was speaking to in chat was representative of the person in real life. For some reason my brain hadn't separated the avatar from the person at the keyboard behind a screen. It was a strange experience which formed part of a journey to becoming more conscious about video gaming.

Obviously, that's a bit heavy.

But I wonder if players do subconsciously project, anthropomorphically, the level of threat posed by what they see on their screens because they think it's real on some level. Therefore, when they see a player who stands out from the rest they automatically deem them to be the greatest threat.

Inexperienced players often don't target the greatest threat. It can be quite frustrating if you are expereinced and are relying on them. For example in a 2 seat helicopter in Battlefield. You have to take a distanced and objective view on what's happening on the screen. It's kind of a leap in a player's attitude to playing a game.

Nerd

Message 3 of 4 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It's a natural instinct if you see a bright colorful animal (snake, hornet), it's warning that I'm poisonous/dangerous.

So the more color of your legend skin, the more obvious to them, the more they see you as the biggest target and threat that must be eliminated first! 

Most people react this way:

1. Attack the one attacking you.

2. Attack the one closest to you.

3. Attack the one the most obvious to you (Gibby and colorful skin).

Since in Apex, most players are so small, blend to the background (brownish/grayish to the building, soil, rock,etc), move so fast, bunny hopping, and hard to track, if item 1&2 are the same/not applicable, item 3 is the one they focus on.

Message 4 of 4 (222 Views)