Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Legendaries are not legendary

by Dilute7

Original Post

Highlighted

Legendaries are not legendary

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

There is nothing legendary about legendary gear  in Anthem. The increase in javelin power by upgrading from masterwork to legendary doesn’t even come close to the power level gained by going from epic to masterwork. Masterworks are the true legendaries of Anthem. Masterworks should be the top tier basic gear sets. Legendaries should be UNIQUE, with UNIQUE BONUSES, and  freaking UNIQUE SKINS! Thanks for reading. 

Message 1 of 3 (89 Views)

Re: Legendaries are not legendary

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This was true after release but than they changed the power levels and scaling of the damage based on it.  Now if you get higher power your ultimate and melee damage will scale up considerably with legendaries ( I think the combo damage also) . So you will feel you are a lot more powerful with legendary items and able to do something on higher (GM2,3) levels. 

Message 2 of 3 (79 Views)

Re: Legendaries are not legendary

★ Apprentice

@SharkyH wrote:

This was true after release but than they changed the power levels and scaling of the damage based on it.  Now if you get higher power your ultimate and melee damage will scale up considerable with legendaries ( I think the combo damage also) . So you will feel you are a lot more powerful with legendary items and able to do something on higher (GM2,3) levels. 

This method to resolve the issue between legendary and MW in the long run will only hurt the game as scaling items is a horrible idea, period. Instead legendary gear should have unique inscriptions and if you acquire the same piece of legendary gear, there should be no difference in the inscriptions or the inscription stats. This way, legendary gear is truly legendary. 

MW gear is fine as is; though I noticed a significant drop in how many pieces I get per a run now. I use to average 3+ in addition to the contract MW gear I got at the end. Lately I only been getting the MW gear when I complete the contract. 

I use get 1-2 legendary a day over a two hour period. Yet over the weekend after playing roughly 6 hours a day I did not see any legendary drop for me. 

Not sure if Bioware did some type of server update without telling us but the last few days feel like they adjusted drop downward a bit. Making it harder to acquire gear for javelins you maybe starting to play for a change of pace in the game. 

Message 3 of 3 (63 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help