Re: Legend Spotlight - Wattson

by NissanZaxima

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

definitely an interesting character......one little bit of tuning.....

Her tactical.....honestly, it's weak.  yes, can use it to block off an avenue of approach, but the penalty for pushing (what, 10 damage?).........

Since our shields are electrical (we use cells and batteries to replenish them)....

....why not have her tactical "short out" your enemies shield?

Lots of options to look at to tune it...

- maybe take it to half charge?

- take it down 25/50 no matter what level?

- fully negate it for a second (even that second is more than long enough).....but no more than that......

we have legends that their tactical can be game changers........Wattson's just seems to me more "meh"

Message 11 of 18 (555 Views)

Champion

@DrenMadre It might seem like a low amount of damage but you also have the stun and the ping. They are not a damage dealing tool, and if the damage was increased they would become overly powerful very quickly, especially in certain situations.

You have to remember that a good Wattson will not just trap 1 door but create a whole mesh network of traps in a room, so people cannot move without getting stunned. With increased damage things could get wild very fast.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 12 of 18 (536 Views)

★ Pro

Maybe more damage, just less of them as a trade off... 

Message 13 of 18 (521 Views)

★★ Guide

I’m getting back into Apex, she will be the first I try out! Also, I love the twitch prime skin, looks very cool!

Message 14 of 18 (505 Views)

★ Guide
@Cabowse I agree. The damage they do do is not there to kill or to do significant damage it's just there to penalise as well as the stun and location reveal. Similar to Caustics gas in that the actual damage is weak but it makes the opposition panic and/or rethink their approach.

Perhaps the only thing I'd say, and that I've not heard much of, is should her fence be as obvious as it is? IMHO I'd much prefer if it was less visible, at least from distance anyway.
Message 15 of 18 (491 Views)

Champion

@WHITEyy6969 I guess it's actually kind of important that the fence is visible, so that people know it's there and don't even try to poke.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 16 of 18 (477 Views)

★ Guide
@Cabowse Yes totally. I'm not saying they should be invisible just not as obvious as they are.

If you attempt to block anything other than a doorway they are spotted halfway across the map. Not that it means anything but I'd prefer it if was just a bit less in your face.
Message 17 of 18 (469 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think Wattson is perfectly balanced at this point. Her Ult has fantastic utility for anti 3rd partying which was desperately needed because of how ridiculous throwable spam was. Some teams now will at least be smart enough to think and look at the end of a battle to see if there is a Wattson with her Ult up before wasting your throwables. 

Fences reward smart circle rotating play by being able to hold down buildings. Being able to rotate properly is an underlooked aspect of BRs by a lot of people I think. So if you aren't the best shooter you can still manage to compete and she really helps to magnify that if it is your strong suit. 

Her personality/voice acting is great too. Both Octane and Wattson have been home runs for the DLC characters in terms of balance and can't wait for the next one. 

Message 18 of 18 (384 Views)