Re: Legend Spotlight - Wattson

by adidasPowah

Original Post

Legend Spotlight - Wattson

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi all!

Last week we asked for opinions on the L Star and the new Hop Ups, you can check here if you missed it.

Now that everyone has had a while to get used to her and the new season meta, we're going to talk about Natalie Paquette aka Wattson!

wattsonpic.PNG

You can check her abilities and backstory here!

How do you feel about her more defensive playstyle? Is she more or less viable in higher tiers of ranked? How many full Gibraltar Ults have you stopped(so satisfying)?

Let us know what you think, and give any suggestions below!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 18 (2,083 Views)

★ Guide

I think she's great, especially in the late game. Her ultimate is so useful and the quick recharge off the ultimate accelerant is a life saver. Personally i struggle to place her fences quickly but even so placing them without putting any effort into planning can distract players enough to give you the edge. I've stopped a few Gibraltar ultimates and there is nothing better than sitting there with your teammates watching the fireworks go off,harmlessly above.

Message 2 of 18 (2,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Wattson:

She is cute, her voice is charming, her cloth is sexy, Fall in love at first sight.

Hitbox:

She is small so harder to hit

Fence:

Her fence is weak but lucky many players didn't know it, and naturally avoided it. Nobody want to be electrocuted, right?

The fence act like distraction and can cause confusion and panic when place zigzag is irregular pattern.

The fence blur the vision so it helps you since you know what is exactly inside the fence but enemy doesn't.

Her fence is strong on final ring especially when it's inside a building.

Ultimate:

Usefull when the final ring is outside the building and to charge her fence and defend from Gibb/Banglore and granade.

Improvement?

1. Her fence should do more damage at least 25 shield damage

2. Enemy die when cross without shield.

Message 3 of 18 (2,052 Views)

Champion

I think Wattson is almost there but she is an amazing addition to the game, I think maybe she could do with the same "Low profile" passive as Lifeline, Wraith & Pathfinder as she is actually quite hard to hit.

Gameplay wise my only thought is that it can be annoying when you are try to fence early game and you only have 1 pylon to work with, the cool-down on them is super long without your ult so when you have a fencing idea you have to wait around for the cool-down to finish to place the second pylon to do what you ned to do.

A thought is to have 2 pylons cool-down at once, or have an independent cool-down for each slot so if you use 4 pylons at once you get all 4 back at the same time.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 4 of 18 (2,036 Views)

★★ Expert
@EA_David Everything about this character is awesome and fits my play style, however, her Ult. does seem a bit too loud and I can not hear when anyone's around me sneaking up or full on running.

Maybe reduce how loud the Pylon is a little, that would be great.
Message 5 of 18 (2,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Glad a spotlight topic has been created on wattson, should be ready to unlock her after a couple more games!

My opinion is based purely from an enemy perspective, but here it is.

Contrary to all the negative feedback i've seen about her fences, it seems the mistake watson players are making is to place their fences in such a way that they can easily be destroyed. I'm constantly seeing this in matches thus making the fences a hindrance for no more than a second as they're easily destroyed when exposed.

Her ult is a real nightmare to deal with when used properly, especially when the watson squad contains a skilled gibby user due to the overwhelming defensive advantage her gains.

So yeah, she seems to be a great support legend and i'm pretty psyched about unlocking her. :D

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 18 (2,013 Views)

★★★ Guide

I feel like rankeds without this legend whould be way more fun now every1 just camp house with watson and there is no counter play 

Message 7 of 18 (1,990 Views)

★ Guide

@adidasPowah wrote:

I feel like rankeds without this legend whould be way more fun now every1 just camp house with watson and there is no counter play 

Good tip, the thermite grenades are get for moving players from defensive positions. Also a caustic is great aswell, just sling your gas traps in the room and watch them run.

Message 8 of 18 (1,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@ajharris21 wrote:

@adidasPowah wrote:

Good tip, the thermite grenades are get for moving players from defensive positions. Also a caustic is great aswell, just sling your gas traps in the room and watch them run.

You're not expecting a player to change how they play surely, or think about how to counter it? Lol Wink

Although I've unlocked her, I've not used her yet but have had team mates who have, and used her to great effect. The fences are a good distraction but not OP, and her ult is great when used correctly.

She definitely adds a new dimension to gameplay. Works very well in tandem with Wraith from my experience.

Message 9 of 18 (1,937 Views)

EA DICE Team

She is amazing in defending an area with Caustic. She has a lot of plays for late game and feels good to run around with. So far a big plus in my book!

/Atic 

Message 10 of 18 (1,919 Views)