Legend Spotlight - Octane!

by EA_David

Original Post

Legend Spotlight - Octane!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi all, you've had a few weeks to try the Legends and get a feel for your favorites. We thought it might be fun to have a few discussions focused on specific Legends and how you're feeling about them right now.

I know he's new but we've been having so much fun we've bumped Octane to the top of the queue!

octaneimg.PNG

If you want to check out his background or abilities you can find info on him here!

How do you feel he fits into the lineup right now? Do you think he's too strong, too weak, or just right? What are your thoughts on that run animation and the all-important finger guns?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 8 (807 Views)

Re: Legend Spotlight - Octane!

Probably my second favourite legend behind Bloodhound.
He is also a funny dude. A good add to the game imo.
Message 2 of 8 (791 Views)

★★ Guide

image.png

Message 3 of 8 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I like Gibraltar but a lot of teammates get the hump when they see someone using him so my next choice is Octane. I definitely rate Octane very highly and enjoy using him. His Launch Pad is still not used fully from what I've seen so far. A lot of fun to play.

Message 4 of 8 (763 Views)

★★★ Guide
I would like to say that Octane is what Mirage could've been. They both have their witty was that brings some humor to the game. Love it!

Combine his speed increase with his skinny hitbox and you got a winner! The jumppads are hilarious and have lots of ways to use. For engage, flank, disengage and so on.

Try placing a jumppad in bangalores smoke in a fight and watch people fly! ^^
Message 5 of 8 (689 Views)

Champion

He is something like a drug junkie though, surprisingly, he is polite and has a favorable personality.

I like his character. Standard smile

His ability and ULT is very good/strong. Very FUN to use.

Message 6 of 8 (559 Views)

★★★ Guide
My favourite character, he has become my main. Super fun to play, I think he is pretty balanced. All his abilities are useful. A lot of people think his ultimate sucks, but these players obviously don't understand the advantage that vertical mobility has in these games.
Message 7 of 8 (539 Views)

★★★ Guide

i looked at his abilities and was promptly bored, couldnt think of a more boring character i had zero hype for him, then i actually played him and he is an extreme amount of fun, i do feel his ult is meh its fun to use but not that helpful imo however it is on a short cooldown and works well with the rest of his kit, very well balanced, a tonne of fun

i was kinda hoping he would be Australian because he does look like something out of mad max but the guy who does his voice does an amazing job so i cant complaint

Message 8 of 8 (381 Views)