Re: Legend Spotlight - Mirage!

by unrealisticblood

Original Post

Legend Spotlight - Mirage!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi all, you've had a few weeks to try the Legends and get a feel for your favorites. We thought it might be fun to have a few discussions focused on specific Legends and how you're feeling about them right now.

Next up is Mirage!

spotlightmirage.PNG

If you're a fresh player or you haven't unlocked him yet, you can check out his background and a brief summary of his abilities here!

How do you feel about him right now? Do you think his Ultimate needs a tweak? Have you managed any crafty escapes with his passive? What's your resting BPM (Bamboozles per Match)?

Let us know how you feel below, and if you have any cool fan art, let us know.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 26 (1,144 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

His ult is a waste of time. If I see a mirage pop his ult I get excited cause I know I can just follow him and get the free xp. The Q is ok. His passive has no point compared to some of the others. I mean what would you rather have. A speed boost when being shot at or a fake hologram after your already downed.... lol

Message 2 of 26 (1,137 Views)

★ Guide

bad character

Message 3 of 26 (1,133 Views)

★★★ Guide
First of, i love the concept and the art of Mirage! you guys did a great job there!

When it comes to his kit on the other hand, and what he brings to the team. He is completely useless.

* Passive skill - He has to be downed in order to actually make use of his passive. That is bad in my opinion, because people can still see where you are moving and you don't get far.

* Ultimate - Yeah... it renders him invisible. But he can still get shot, and he cant use a weapon until 1-2 seconds after he is visible again. In most cases his ult is useless.

It feels as if the better characters was unlocked from start when the game was released. Mirage and Caustic are just, bonus characters. Caustic is situationall and actually helps his Squad at times. But his bombs can also hurt the team as it affects them as well. Mirage doesn't really do anything except bring some voicelines to the squad. Love the character, dislike the kit.
Message 4 of 26 (1,128 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
At first, his Alt seemed to be useful when it came to speed and getting to a certain spot. But Octone can do that in seconds. The only way his alt will be of some use is if he wasn't so visible. He is a fun player to use don't get me wrong. But his alt is anywhere near useful.
Message 5 of 26 (1,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I like playing Mirage. I find his abilities quite useful. His ultimate require a little bit of imagination to use. Once you 'get it' it's good fun.

Message 6 of 26 (1,078 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I like his play style, but yeah, the passive needs to change, and also the ultimate, at least I understand He cannot fire since He is invisible, but He should not be able to be seen while cloaked, He needs to entirely dissappear for this Ultimate to be better.

overall about hitbox and play style He is fine, bamboozles for everybody!!.

Message 7 of 26 (1,069 Views)

[ Edited ]

@napalm51 wrote:

bad character

Plus a very annoying character, his arrogance gets old quick lol.

Message 8 of 26 (1,038 Views)

★ Guide

In my opinion his ultimate should not cloak Mirage at all, but rather blend in with his decoys and make it harder for people to tell which one is the real guy by programming the decoys to run in a random pattern.

His passive should create a decoy whenever Mirage's health drops under 20% and he also cloaks for 2 or 3 seconds. This would be way better and also balanced, because you actually have to take damage and be near death to trigger it.

Right now his kit is really bad, especially for an unlockable legend.

Message 9 of 26 (1,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

i want his ult to be one character only and you choose where he runs. or  the single mirage ult bot navigates rooms to run away even better. then dont cloak mirage let them choose which to shoot.

Message 10 of 26 (987 Views)