Legend Spotlight - Caustic

by EA_David

Original Post

Legend Spotlight - Caustic

Community Manager

Hi all, each week we've been having discussions about specific Legends and how they fit into the game right now. 

This week we have - Caustic!

apexnox.PNG

If you want to check out his kit or his backstory here!

How do you feel about the trap buffs a little while back? Are you a member of Team Make Squadmates Immune?  Did you know Caustic was originally supposed to be a good guy?
Do you feel most alive when rapidly approaching your death?

Let us know what you think of him below!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 25 (687 Views)

Re: Legend Spotlight - Caustic

★★ Guide
Once Fortified is fixed, and applied I think if it was increased to 25% damage reduction that Caustic would be in a good place.

10% isn't even an extra bullet needed to down someone with an RE-45, take that into perspective class.

Buff Fortified and Caustic would be fun and balanced.
Message 2 of 25 (678 Views)

★★ Pro

#MakeSquadmatesImmune #BuffFortified 

Message 3 of 25 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Issue:

1. His gas trap for defense: radius is too small, doesn't kick quickly, enemy simply run pass through it.

2. His gas trap for offense: Can't be used, you die before that thing even landed. I throw one to enemy who busy looting, but that thing doesn't do anything since taking forever to deploy & kick in.

Need to buff his gas trap:

1. Gas trap need to kick in faster with strong stun effect, so enemy can't simply run through it.

2. Gas trap need to deploy faster so can be use for offense as well.

3. Bigger radius would be great.

Message 4 of 25 (644 Views)

★★★ Pro
Speaking of gas dad, guess who got their first ever Bunker/gas chamber full team wipe recently! I'm so proud of myself :D
Message 5 of 25 (628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Issue with his ultimate:

1. Mostly use for offense in open space but take forever to load

Can be use for defense as well acting like Banglore gas since his trap is suck for defense in open space.

This's his main way for him to survive with his big body in open space but barely available so he is really struggle in open space.

Buff his ultimate:

1. Make shorter cool down so he can use his ultimate for offense in the open space more often (preferred)

2. More toxic grenades (2 at least) would be great. 

Message 6 of 25 (618 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The more I play Caustic this season the more I like him. He is pretty good since the little buffs to his traps.

One downside to him is his larger size. This makes it hard to evade enemy fire. It also takes time to deploy his traps. Which means teammates often move away from your location while you are distracted deploying the traps. Plus you may have to pick them up again to re-deploy them quickly. It takes a lot of time. When you try to catch your teammates up you get shot in the back because it's hard to evade enemy fire. It can be frustrating.

Perhaps, when new Legends are designed that have extra tasks to do as part of their abilities in the way Caustic does, they could also have the ability to either do the tasks more quickly or to catch up to their teammates. It would go a long way in removing the sense of being a straggler and a large target at the same time. Thinking

Message 7 of 25 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Agree with Warslag, we have similar struggle and frustration with Caustic :

We feel most ALIVE since OUR death (not enemy death) is just around the corner  !!! Standard smile

Message 8 of 25 (602 Views)

★★★ Guide

Caustic: Stay in the building !

Enemies: There are traps don't get inside !

Teammate: Let's go out and fight !

Caustic: Oh no .

Message 9 of 25 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I think the 10% was sufficient. Not sure if it would be op if teammates could move and see a little easier in his poison, but that might make him more viable for team-play.

Message 10 of 25 (560 Views)