Re: Legend Spotlight - Caustic

by WHITEyy6969

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@Paneross wrote:

@7cyanide wrote:

I think the 10% was sufficient. Not sure if it would be op if teammates could move and see a little easier in his poison, but that might make him more viable for team-play.

10% isn't even a single extra bullet from the weakest gun the game, might as well be 0% at that point.

R99 12 damage per bullit

R99 11 damage per bullit on person with forti

person with white armor 150 hp. ( we use white armor because everybody has this at least this will get worse for your assumption if we use purple armor )

R99 150/12 = 12,5  shots required ( 13 shots required for kill )

R99 forti 150/11 = 13,6  shots required ( 14 shots required for kill )

Even without armor.

The difference is 1 bullet

So it requires 1 extra bullet.

Its still not good. but it can save your life.

Purple armor

200/12= 16,66  ( 17 shots required )

forti 200/11=18.1 ( 19 shots required )

Now its 2 bullets extra.

Still not good enough if you ask me.

But you should get your facts straight and not quote nonsense other people make up.

Message 21 of 25 (241 Views)

★★★★ Guide

just as a small buff (Caustic is close, but still lagging behind a little bit).......why not the passive of turning thermite (and/or frag?) grenades into minor versions of his ultimate....?

smaller blast radius, less burst/burn damage.....but minor gas damage and slowdown....?

Message 22 of 25 (224 Views)

★★ Pro

his gas trap radius is too small by about 5 feet.

@asukojo wrote:

Issue:

1. His gas trap for defense: radius is too small, doesn't kick quickly, enemy simply run pass through it.

2. His gas trap for offense: Can't be used, you die before that thing even landed. I throw one to enemy who busy looting, but that thing doesn't do anything since taking forever to deploy & kick in.

Need to buff his gas trap:

1. Gas trap need to kick in faster with strong stun effect, so enemy can't simply run through it.

2. Gas trap need to deploy faster so can be use for offense as well.

3. Bigger radius would be great.

Message 23 of 25 (204 Views)

★ Novice

Caustic Should be One f the best Legends in Game ..in order to do that he needs :-

- He is more than a very easy target .. simply u cant Hide from bullets unlike any other small sized Legends .. in order that to happen .. 10% Damage Reduction is Nearly Nothing .. it should be 25 - 35 as he is a Defensive Legend too

- Ultimate Skill Activation should be Instant with no Delay in order to be usable in open areas with Higher Damage rate and Radius too 

Message 24 of 25 (138 Views)

★ Guide

I rarely play as Caustic to really comment on the gas radius or damage (as I never pay attention) BUT I do play with a Caustic teammate. What I will say is that sometimes I   find the gas has a negative affect on team play and gunfights.

First and most obvious is team mates gas has the slowdown impact on you. I get why that is in but then it can just become a frag fest or a wait (for both teams) until the gas clears. I don't think the effect on team mates should be removed altogether, due to balancing, but surely there is another way.

Secondly gunfights where both teams have Caustic. I hope I'm not alone in this but in this scenario i feel like it's just 1 on 1 with the other 4 wondering what's going on. There's no way to differentiate between enemy and team mates gas so unless you're feeling brave or have a teammate with on point communication it's a spectator sport. Again, surely there is another way. Can gas not become another colour in this scenario or maybe have the slowdown affect (but not the damage) on the opposing Caustic when in friendly gas? 

Message 25 of 25 (99 Views)