Re: Legend Spotlight - Bloodhound

by st4rgazer01

Original Post

[ Edited ]

I've played a fair bit with Bloodhound and want to share my thoughts here!

STYLE AND APPEARANCE

Absolutely great, he has some really great skins and his voice is authentic and amazing.

TRACKER - Passive

• The hints shown in the UI are small and subtle, just how I like them. The birds that appear at certain spots when you find tracks are also great.
  • I cannot remember players in my team passing on the hints that they find with Bloodhound. I cannot tell if they are unaware of this feature or just find it a waste of time.
  • The time hints stick around is not too long (<1min) which makes the ability more useful in my opinion. Showing hints from too long ago are vague and don't give that much info.
  • What people also not seem to know is that you can zoom in with snipers to see and ping hints that are further away from yourself.

EYE OF THE ALLFATHER - Tactical

The radar-cone that extents when using it gives away your position too much. Often it is better to look at the hints or use Beast of the hunt instead of the scan-ability. The orange screen clutter makes it often hard to track enemies that you see immediately after you use the ability. I would much rather have the animation a bit turned down.

Even better, I would suggest reworking the ability a bit to make it more useful. Instead of showing the radar cone to the enemies, give the spotted enemies a warning screen or some glitchy hint that they have been spotted. He is a tracker, show enemies that they have been spotted, but don't give up the position of Bloodhound himself or clutter up his screen with too much orange animations.

BEAST OF THE HUNT - Ultimate

• The update to make this ability more friendly to color blind people did work out and I have read a lot of great responses to it!
  • The only drawback I have with the ability is that the wind-up time is quite long, which might not be a problem but I still have to get used to it.
  • side note: this ultimate gives me the impression that I am invincible as I feel awesome when using it

GENERAL

Fewer players within my squad choose to play Bloodhound over time. I've moved on to others as well, as I feel that his abilities are solid, but don't give me much advantages in a 1vs1 fight. The last week, almost zero players in my squad choose Bloodhound (random people and friends), which is a bit sad for a well-developed character. As conclusion, I would suggest buffing him a bit, making his tactical less obvious to other players and see how things go from there.

Message 11 of 27 (604 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Playing with random fills it is very unlikely I use Bloodhound. In premade squads if someone is playing as bangalore I will use bloodhound. Smoke grenades and beast of the hunt along with his ability to "track" down enemies makes for some good mid to end game fights. If the other team has threat detect reticles then the battles are all the more fun. Generally speaking though I do like his character sometimes in random fills because I can ping foot steps tracked. That being said in most random games they ignore the warning and run headlong into a full squad anyways.

Message 12 of 27 (594 Views)

Community Manager

@DYSPROssium wrote:

EYE OF THE ALLFATHER - Tactical

The radar-cone that extents when using it gives away your position too much. Often it is better to look at the hints or use Beast of the hunt instead of the scan-ability. The orange screen clutter makes it often hard to track enemies that you see immediately after you use the ability. I would much rather have the animation a bit turned down.

Even better, I would suggest reworking the ability a bit to make it more useful. Instead of showing the radar cone to the enemies, give the spotted enemies a warning screen or some glitchy hint that they have been spotted. He is a tracker, show enemies that they have been spotted, but don't give up the position of Bloodhound himself or clutter up his screen with too much orange animations.

BEAST OF THE HUNT - Ultimate

• The update to make this ability more friendly to color blind people did work out and I have read a lot of great responses to it!
  • The only drawback I have with the ability is that the wind-up time is quite long, which might not be a problem but I still have to get used to it.
  • side note: this ultimate gives me the impression that I am invincible as I feel awesome when using it

I have to agree with you on the Beast of the Hunt. It's really hard to see enemies sometimes so for myself along with feedback from those with color blindness it can be tough to use. I think this type of Legend is fit for a more passive player and squad. The tracking ability is by far one of the best abilities in the game if you take advantage of it. As long as they don't see you, spying on them until they get into a firefight or ambush while they're looting will give you a quick edge. 

The Eye of the Allfather was super useful in a game where a squad was hiding in a building with Caustic and Bangalore. Traps were placed inside and they smoke the inside so it was hard to see them. Bloodhound kept scanning which eventually irritated us enough to make a push in there, only to get ambushed.

Blueberry.png
Message 13 of 27 (587 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I think Bloodhound is possibly the best Legend overall. Beast of the Hunt 'Ultimate' is supremely useful, personally, and for the team. I use it just when I'm about to go-in-blasting. I don't really suffer the drawbacks of the FOV that others complain about, as I'm usually on top of the enemy when I activate it.

One thing that that I am curious about is what Bloodhound says. Is it "blooth bloth"? What is that? It's not Greman, so what is it? A made-up language maybe? Wondering

Message 14 of 27 (580 Views)

Bloodhound is blóðhunda ( pronounced blooth hunda in Icelandic, or of Nordic origin.

I agree with others about his tactical, I hardly ever use it and think it needs a rework. Maybe a scan that allows you to see movement for say 5 secs rather than a paused scan like it is at the moment.
Message 15 of 27 (562 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah I agree with Atic, have a lot of hours played on BH - the scan could use some love / and perhaps lower the ultimate sound effect and increase activation time.

Message 16 of 27 (560 Views)

★★★ Guide

His tactical has to be one of the most useless in the game (next to caustic). There is no benefit in using it, you alert the enemy of your location, you see where enemies were at the time of using it and the silhouette of the enemies serves as just a distraction for both you and your team. I suggest making this ability work similar to the sonar knife from Titanfall 2. 

Message 17 of 27 (532 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Bloodhound is my favourite, but I do have the sapmi approach to warfare, if the enemy can't see or find you, you won't get killed. 

He is imo the best character to play solo with. I wish the L1 useless scanner device, was replaced by a technological shock taser that would stun enemies for 5-10 secs (depending  on their shield), and unable them to alert their team during that time. It would make solo vs teams more fair. It would make Bloodhound a really intimidating threat, despice his noises.. And perhaps it could be used to place a stun trap. Bloodhound falls short because of the very limited scanner ability. At  least make the range much longer, the colors less confusing and the enemies visible for a longer period.

Message 18 of 27 (492 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Tac ability needs a buff or a change to the way it works. It really breaks any element of surprise gained by tracking them down.  its best used when you're in a close quarters 1v1 situation. 

Message 19 of 27 (470 Views)

★ Guide

I feel like Bloodhound should be the legend to which all other legends should be compared in order for them to be balanced. He is perfect. 

Message 20 of 27 (445 Views)