Leaving penalty forever?

by ESORimmer7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Leaving penalty forever?

★★ Novice

Hello, 

I have recently started playing Apex after a long time and started playing ranked again. I have been teamed with two random players that were friends. At the start I have been killed and my teammates grabbed my revive disk. However they decided to not revive me and after 10 minutes of spectating I decided to leave the game. I have received a leaving penalty that I was not even aware of was there. I wanted to ask if there is time limit when I can exit the game or Am I stuck spectating until the game ends?

Message 1 of 3 (1,847 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Leaving penalty forever?

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Technically in ranked you're not supposed to leave ever under any circumstances since the longer you stay (even whilst dead and unable to be revived) the longer you stay means the higher your team placement can be meaning more points.

HOWEVER. From the ranked season 4 changes itself noted here: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/ranked-series-4-details

"Abandon: Leaving a match before it is over for you, while you do not have loss forgiveness. "Before it is over for you" is defined as the player is still able to play, e.g. you are still alive, or you are dead but waiting to be respawned etc. A notable exception to this is if your banner has been picked up and you have not respawned within 2 and a half minutes, you will not be considered abandoning if you leave."

Meaning one of two things:

1. 2 and a half minutes hadn't gone by after your banner had been recovered.

2. Their abandonment penalty system isn't working properly. 

With these developers, and their track record of consistent non-functional, untested, "we have to sit here and suffer with bugs for seasons on end" updates, I'd go with option 2 and say you were unfairly punished. 

Edit: To clarify what my interpretation of the quoted text says:

"You abandon a match when you have not met the criteria to be given "loss forgiveness" IE, extraneous circumstances beyond your control in which you are not penalized by losing ranked points most commonly teammates disconnecting or failing to connect to a match in the first place. As defined here: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/ranked-series-3-details#:~:text=At%20the%20start%20of%20S...

An exception to this is when after 2 and a half minutes go by after your teammates grab your banner and fail to respawn you, you are free to leave the game."

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,817 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Technically in ranked you're not supposed to leave ever under any circumstances since the longer you stay (even whilst dead and unable to be revived) the longer you stay means the higher your team placement can be meaning more points.

HOWEVER. From the ranked season 4 changes itself noted here: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/ranked-series-4-details

"Abandon: Leaving a match before it is over for you, while you do not have loss forgiveness. "Before it is over for you" is defined as the player is still able to play, e.g. you are still alive, or you are dead but waiting to be respawned etc. A notable exception to this is if your banner has been picked up and you have not respawned within 2 and a half minutes, you will not be considered abandoning if you leave."

Meaning one of two things:

1. 2 and a half minutes hadn't gone by after your banner had been recovered.

2. Their abandonment penalty system isn't working properly. 

With these developers, and their track record of consistent non-functional, untested, "we have to sit here and suffer with bugs for seasons on end" updates, I'd go with option 2 and say you were unfairly punished. 

Edit: To clarify what my interpretation of the quoted text says:

"You abandon a match when you have not met the criteria to be given "loss forgiveness" IE, extraneous circumstances beyond your control in which you are not penalized by losing ranked points most commonly teammates disconnecting or failing to connect to a match in the first place. As defined here: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/ranked-series-3-details#:~:text=At%20the%20start%20of%20S...

An exception to this is when after 2 and a half minutes go by after your teammates grab your banner and fail to respawn you, you are free to leave the game."

Message 2 of 3 (1,818 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@ESORimmer7 very simple , if your banner expired and your name in the bottom left turn gray which will happen after 2.5 minute after dying and banner not collected then you can leave without penalty , but if your banner is collected before its expired then will receive a penalty for leaving .
first it will start with 10 minutes ban , then 45 minutes then 88 minutes and it will keep increasing
i hope that helps Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (1,720 Views)