Re: Leavers are getting out of control

by gg123xyz

Original Post

Leavers are getting out of control

★ Expert

Seriously, the amount of leavers in normal is just ridiculous. There's not a single game where i don't have a teammate that leaves as soon as he dies. I don't know what but you must do something about this, a time penalty or an xp penalty or whatever else. But you can't leave the situation like it is now.

Message 1 of 17 (614 Views)

★ Apprentice

They can't put a penalty in normal's because they still have unstable servers etc in certain locations. This means players who crash often can still play the game even though they can't play ranked (and buy battlepasses & MTX for EA) and not worry about anything happening if they do.

Message 2 of 17 (599 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Message 3 of 17 (598 Views)

@Cro_Pittt I’ll admit I leave rounds and fairly frequently.

Someone on the squad loots my death box I’m gone.
Hog loot, by running up to the bin I opened and taking everything before I can get anything.. i’m gone
Loot death boxes before you revive me, especially if some of them are my kills. I’m gone.

Hog the ammo.. I had a guy take all 200 rounds of light from a death box. I had NONE left. I requested it, he ignored me. So I left the match.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 17 (552 Views)

★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex Was just about to say this , it works both ways init. Lit just had a match where I downed 2/3 of a team , got the last guy to half health an he downs me - then my other teammates run over and kill him and proceed to loot everything before reviving me so I just quit .
Message 5 of 17 (542 Views)

★★ Pro

I hate to admit I was wrong, but unfortunately, until Solos and Duos are permanently implemented, leavers will always be an issue. You can't punish an entire community for the decisions of some. Yes it happens often, but the outrage from honest players later would be louder than our complaints about ** leaving now.

Message 6 of 17 (532 Views)

★ Expert

@DarthValtrex  i understand you and i also leave when i get extreme toxic teammates. But still i really think that a some kind of penalty is needed. there are some valid reasons to leave but the majority of the time i see people rage quit because they don't care about team play. Eventually i'd still leave with a penalty implemented, if i get a really toxic squad i prefer having a time penalty or something else.

Message 7 of 17 (507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@DarthValtrex 

There are legitimate good reasons to loot the box of a teammate. Doesn't bother me if he may need cells/ammo/weapons to get to a beacon. If he doesn't get there, it doesn't help you to have anything in your box does it? And if there aren't any beacons pretty close it's unlikely you will get back to that box anyway.

On the other hand of course there are too many guys who make sure they loot every box and bin in sight even when they are right by the respawn beacon and no threats in sight. INFURIATES ME. Just making sure there isn't ANYTHING around they could POSSIBLY miss out on before bringing you back. Usually ending up with you finally dropping from the respawn ship just in time to get caught in the storm or shot by enemies. 

And looting while your teammate bleeds out is just STUPID. If it's safe enough to loot, you should be getting him up. I can see a quick shield charge in case you get shot at, but actually searching through boxes while your teammate dies, SMH. Should be common sense.

Message 8 of 17 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

But yes, it's getting REALLY bad. If people aren't getting disconnected or plain quitting, they go off in 3 different corners of the map right off the bat. Playing with randoms is pretty much pointless now. Half the time it seems I'm solo fighting against whole squads. 

I've been praying for solos to be put back in.

Message 9 of 17 (462 Views)

★★ Pro

@DarthValtrex wrote:
@Cro_PitttI’ll admit I leave rounds and fairly frequently.

Someone on the squad loots my death box I’m gone.
Hog loot, by running up to the bin I opened and taking everything before I can get anything.. i’m gone
Loot death boxes before you revive me, especially if some of them are my kills. I’m gone.

Hog the ammo.. I had a guy take all 200 rounds of light from a death box. I had NONE left. I requested it, he ignored me. So I left the match.

hey i'll copy you for a few weeks and see how that goes...

Message 10 of 17 (450 Views)