Leaver penalty wtf?

by SgtArmpit

Original Post

Leaver penalty wtf?

★★ Novice

Why did I get 90 min penalty for quiting my first rank game, after my banner timer had ran out, after not being picked up,

ive only played 7 rank games, and quit once,, wtf is going on

Message 1 of 19 (719 Views)

Re: Leaver penalty wtf?

★ Apprentice

Just because you didn't get picked up, doesn't mean you can't contribute in communicating with the players. Sometimes you see what they don't.

There are to many selfish players who instantly die and leave as soon as they are not alive, picked up or instantly re spawned.
This is the reason why the system is implemented.
At times it seems that if you die you can't progress, but unlike other games you rank based on positioning, kills, and revives. 
You can solo play into being the last guy and still rank further because of surviving skills, wits, and tactical strategies.

Message 2 of 19 (678 Views)

★★ Novice

? I can offer no further assistance other than look through the view of the teammate ,that didn't pick me up. infact it was a selfish player, that was jump master landed on train, me other guy died, he runs way , saying sorry I play aggressive, and leaves us. 

and I get punished for it.,, .

I get that, but why did I get 90 mins for first time leave? others i see got 1 min, 5 mins 30 mins etc etc.

makes no sense what so ever. 

Message 3 of 19 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SgtArmpitLooking around is still helpful. People as said and mentioned above miss things and which you may not.
Extra pair of eyes since you can switch between the remaining players.

Sadly you will noticed a lot of ego people in the game. A lot of them are also extremely bad team players but could be individually good. Can't escape that.

You get punished for leaving early when teammates are still alive, the game can still be won by himself. So leaving early gives a penalty, have you done that more then once in your 7 games. Then yes you will get your 90 minutes eventually.

If thats not the case then send a support note to the devs and ask. I have 142 games this season, I've had 1x 5 minute penalty.

Message 4 of 19 (640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

yeah thanks, I agree with everything you say, but, i only 7 games, 1 quit,, are the penalties higher for higher ranks? I starting in gold 2.

90 mins was a shock haha.

ran3.jpg

Message 5 of 19 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SgtArmpitIt could be possible that its higher in higher ranks.
Just keep it in mind for next time. Believe me I feel as frustrated as you do when people behave like they do Standard smile

I started in the lowest bracket, I havent played since season 1. New map, new to everything ^^
Did from lowest to Gold 1 in the weekend, and 70% is with players who dont listen, talk, want to help Standard smile But gets better and better ^^

Message 6 of 19 (613 Views)

★★ Novice
@Kartofeeeeel yeh best you go early, I started late last season ,was amission to get through plat solo, got to dia few days before end,.

is there a de-rank this season?

k ,I notice when I quit, I only lost 20 rank points,, now respawn should increase the points lost by quitting, as this is important to people trying to climb.

the problem with quitiers is later in the season when players rank up , and sit at the bottom of their tier, ie plat 4 players, they have nothing to lose from quitting points wise,
these are the people that should be punished for time penalties. or better yet de ranked, relegated to their level.
Message 7 of 19 (604 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Kartofeeeeel I leave when my timer runs out and banner greyed. So saying one gets penalized for that is completely false.

Message 8 of 19 (587 Views)

@ColdHours I do the exact same thing as you and haven't recieved a penalty yet.
Message 9 of 19 (564 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SgtArmpit wrote:

yeah thanks, I agree with everything you say, but, i only 7 games, 1 quit,, are the penalties higher for higher ranks? I starting in gold 2.

90 mins was a shock haha.

ran3.jpg

You also get penalized if you leave Regular mode as well as Ranked games.

• PENALTIES

We deactivated leaver penalties in Series 1 to be overly cautious on false positives. This time we’re starting Ranked Series 2 with leaver penalties enabled. Players who abandon their teammates will be hit with a matchmaking penalty in both Regular and Ranked matches. Penalties will result in a player being barred from joining a match for escalating amounts of time based on how often they have abandoned in Ranked. An abandon is defined as leaving the game before the match is over for you; this includes leaving during character select, leaving while you are alive, and leaving when you are dead but can still be respawned by teammates. Penalty times start out at five minutes, and repeat abandons will increase that time up to a week.

Season 3

Bottom of the list right next to Loss Forgiveness.

Message 10 of 19 (506 Views)