Leaver penalty on pubs/casual lobbies pls

by Daze623

Original Post

Leaver penalty on pubs/casual lobbies pls

★ Expert

Imagine winning a hotzone fight only for your team to leave you behind!
Oh wait you don't even have to imagine cause it happens all the time!
inb4 "gO pLaY rAnK iF yOu wAnT tO tRy hArD!"

Message 1 of 15 (461 Views)

Re: Leaver penalty on pubs/casual lobbies pls

★ Expert

Untitled.png
Might as well give players solo mode. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 2 of 15 (455 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Daze623 I agree, I think it should be a longer time as well.

Would stop people from leaving games all the time.
Message 3 of 15 (440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Daze623 I made the same topic some weeks ago and someone still thinks it is a bad idea lmao. Sometimes you already find yourself alone or with one less teammate because of the trash matchmaking, the times you have a full squad you'll eventually find yourself alone lol.

Message 4 of 15 (434 Views)

★★ Expert

@Daze623 give solos, and then put leaver penalty in for squads. Then people would have options instead of being stuck in games they don't want to play for whatever reason. 

Message 5 of 15 (428 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@pastaclown but but.. iTs A tEaM gAmE :D
Message 6 of 15 (420 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt Yep, even though I play like 80% solo queue and get this issue all the time, I still stand against a leaver penalty like a time off for pubs because I'm pretty sure it won't actually fix things and will also thin out the playerbase pretty fast.

@pastaclown so you don't just want solos, but to make the squads modes more strict so that they push players into solos. Basically force Apex to become a solo game. You dream big Standard smile
Message 7 of 15 (407 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don’t think people understand the amount of damage a leaver penalty would do to this already broken game.

Yes, people leaving sucks at times.  It’s not fun. We get that.  However the “leavers” are usually solo que because for the most part you aren’t leaving a server if you are flying with a pre made squad.  The game has already destroyed the solo que experience in pubs.  So on top of that,  you want to add a penalty to those same players for leaving...in an un ranked lobby no less?

Yea...good luck with that.

Message 8 of 15 (402 Views)

★ Expert
@fg1985bg I don't think you understand the amount of damage not having a leaver penalty already did to this game.

You said it yourself solo que experience is already bad so can you explain why this game would be in a way worse situation when you add leaver penalty?
Trolls? How many times have you played against a troll vs players who just out right leave the game the moment they go down?
Technical issues? Unless you crash every single game you play you won't really have that big of an issue of taking a penalty, not just that you're also able to reconnect anyway.

So if you're asking me if I want to add penalty to those players then yes I do want to add penalty to those that deserve it.
Message 9 of 15 (381 Views)

★★ Expert

@DoYaSeeMe Sure, I'll go along with whatever you assume and whatever words you wanna put in my mouth. 

Message 10 of 15 (370 Views)