Leaver penalty in unranked

by SlivPTS

Original Post

Leaver penalty in unranked

★ Pro

There must be some penalty also in unranked. Not so crazy like in ranked, but few minutes. So it's not faster to leave game and join new, than wait when squad will respawn you.

I am playing SOLO too often... even if it's SQUAD mode.
Problem is not only with disconnects by games fault (STILL happens very often). I see players are leaving game as soon as option to quit is available (when game starts).
Players leave when they see newbie player in squad and when squad is from 2 players.

In last game as soon as one player was killed, he left game (as usually) and second player simply disconnected because of it (even wrote in chat "Bye"). Is it normal?
Maybe they played in party, but then why disconnect when 2 players are still alive.

Problem with randoms is that nobody cares about squad. They run away, die and immediately leave. They run away, die, tell you how YOU su*k and leave. Start game and after 15 seconds you see in chat "i have to go" and leave.

@RESPAWN squad mode with randoms simply doesn't work.
There is only one solution...

Message 1 of 9 (1,028 Views)

Re: Leaver penalty in unranked

★★★ Expert

Apparently Respawn thinks this is a perfectly acceptable environment. In fact, they think it's so fine and acceptable that they refuse to give any acknowledgement to the frustrations of players by adding solo's so you at least have an option to play on an even ground against others instead of always ending up 1v3 just two minutes into nearly every game you play.

I uninstalled, I suggest you save yourself some breath since these requests to keep the game somewhat healthy is falling on deaf ears anyway.

Respawn is hard at work to pump out the next "collection event" to milk another 200 juicers for an heirloom, even tho long term success of the game is something they couldn't care less for.

Message 2 of 9 (998 Views)

★ Guide

This is easily solvable but they choose to keep them LTM's at the moment. They need to make Solos and Duos permanent modes. It's really not rocket science. Giving players other options will help ease this horrible random teammate tension. This way they can focus on the many glaring issues they have like net code, weapon balancing, bugs and etc..... The worst part of it all is they take forever to release new updates that focus on fixes for the game. They are usually release patches side by side with more overpriced content that brings along more issues and they end up fixing or adding stuff no one asked for. 

Message 3 of 9 (959 Views)

Champion

Losing any exp you would've earned upon completion of a game would be more appropriate for pub lobbies, they are meant to be more casual after all.

Adding the abandonment penalty to pub lobbies as well would likely just result in slow as hell lobby queues as people still rage quit ranked games even to this day, despite there being a soft ban in place.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 9 (943 Views)

★★ Pro

I agree with the reply above ^^

Since it's a casual mode, make it to where the stats don't count if they leave... Then they can't pad their numbers unless they play like it was meant to be played! :D

Message 5 of 9 (936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I like @MandatoryIDtag idea, if they leave, means they are not there for the team so they don't get any xp and stats(kill/damage)  & no challenges completed on that game.

Today challenge:

1. Play as Mirage (Player think he's not my main, i hate him but it's challenge, I've to do it with little cheat).

2. Select him, hot drop , die and bail out without waiting my team mate to revive/respawn.

3. Back to lobby, jaw dropping, the challenge still there. You have to repeat it again and stick to the team until the end.

Possible reaction:

1. It's rough, some players will cry hard, why you force me to play legend that I hate and stick to suck team mate for 15-20 minute just for 1 challenge ???

2. Some player will rather take 5 minute pinalty instead.

3. Some player will complain, why this game is so intense and serious, even in normal mode, chill out guys,

then the floor will open for hot debate of 2020 Standard smile

I agree the best solution for this team dilema is having SOLO so players can do whatever they want.

It's called Freedom, which is not a privilige, you have to FIGHT for it !

Message 6 of 9 (923 Views)

★★★ Expert

@jonesy0218 wrote:

Since it's a casual mode, make it to where the stats don't count if they leave... Then they can't pad their numbers unless they play like it was meant to be played! :D

I'm afraid that's not going to work, you know who quits games? The people who always die to the first person they run into with less than 50 damage dealt. Why would they care if the kills and damage they don't have in the first place doesn't count?

You know who doesn't leave? The teammate who makes it to a top 5 placement with some kills and a couple hundred damage.

Message 7 of 9 (908 Views)

★ Pro
@Wingmannedbro

No dude. Players with thousands of kills leave much often than newbies with few kills.

P.S. I like idea that players who leave early don't get any xp.
Message 8 of 9 (891 Views)

★★ Pro

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@jonesy0218 wrote:

I'm afraid that's not going to work, you know who quits games? The people who always die to the first person they run into with less than 50 damage dealt. Why would they care if the kills and damage they don't have in the first place doesn't count?

You know who doesn't leave? The teammate who makes it to a top 5 placement with some kills and a couple hundred damage.

I agree that people who die first usually leave first, but those are also usually the ones who drop by themselves so my opinion still stands haha. I get where you're coming from though. But I think the majority of players that leave are ones who want to get in, get a gun, get a few kills, and leave. They're K/D just goes up and up because there's nothing in place to stop it right now.

Message 9 of 9 (887 Views)