Leaver Penalty - Confirmed?

by IAmTheMeddler

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Leaver Penalty - Confirmed?

★★★★ Guide

I have seen multiple people talk about a leaver penalty being implemented in Season 3, but I can't find any official announcement regarding this.

Is this confirmed? If so, I would love to see an official statement on this so I could share with my Apex buddies.

Message 1 of 15 (1,899 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Leaver Penalty - Confirmed?

★★★★ Pro

Penalties

We deactivated leaver penalties in Series 1 to be overly cautious on false positives. This time we’re starting Ranked Series 2 with leaver penalties enabled. Players who abandon their teammates will be hit with a matchmaking penalty in both regular and Ranked matches. Penalties will result in a player being barred from joining a match for escalating amounts of time based on how often they have abandoned in Ranked. An abandon is defined as leaving the game before the match is over for you; this includes leaving during character select, leaving while you are alive, and leaving when you are dead but can still be respawned by teammates. Penalty times start out at five minutes, and repeat abandons will increase that time up to a week.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/Ranked-League-Series-2-Kicks-off-October-1st/m-p/8213760...

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (1,881 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

Penalties

We deactivated leaver penalties in Series 1 to be overly cautious on false positives. This time we’re starting Ranked Series 2 with leaver penalties enabled. Players who abandon their teammates will be hit with a matchmaking penalty in both regular and Ranked matches. Penalties will result in a player being barred from joining a match for escalating amounts of time based on how often they have abandoned in Ranked. An abandon is defined as leaving the game before the match is over for you; this includes leaving during character select, leaving while you are alive, and leaving when you are dead but can still be respawned by teammates. Penalty times start out at five minutes, and repeat abandons will increase that time up to a week.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/Ranked-League-Series-2-Kicks-off-October-1st/m-p/8213760...

Message 2 of 15 (1,882 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@IAmTheMeddler there ya go

Message 3 of 15 (1,869 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@RevenanT-G7 Thank you for pointing out this information for me. Would love to see something like this enabled for regular play. But it would be a good idea to fully test this system on a more limited basis, like they will be doing in ranked.
Might have to jump into ranked mode just to avoid the increasing problems of teammate dropouts :P
Message 4 of 15 (1,850 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@IAmTheMeddler What do you mean? It’s gonna be for normal and ranked
Message 5 of 15 (1,842 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Koochi-Q You're right. The whole update was talking about Ranked and Series 2, so I assumed the whole article was related to that. But I do see where they threw that in the mix: "...matchmaking penalty in both regular and Ranked matches"
Message 6 of 15 (1,735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Koochi-QThe way I understood it is that you will only be penalized for leaving a ranked match, but the penalty will also keep you from joining regular matches.

"Penalties will result in a player being barred from joining a match for escalating amounts of time based on how often they have abandoned in Ranked."

Message 7 of 15 (1,729 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SixthOTD Yup, didn’t read that entirely somehow LOLZ. Wish they put that first instead of what I said.
Message 8 of 15 (1,689 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SixthOTD That actually makes sense.
Well... back to my original hope of them adding it to regular matchmaking if it goes good in the ranked matchmaking. LOL
Message 9 of 15 (1,575 Views)

★ Guide

so penalty = no streaming :/ RIP so sad to sit 10 min, watching youre teamm8 camp and never fight, because apex taught them to do so, because they are "predator" material.,.... #season3betterbegood

Message 10 of 15 (1,425 Views)